SHOOT ME! NOW!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• greatwhitehuntershrekie
    Options
    From a guys point of view. That was comical as hell!!! I'm around that all the time. What i say is "It'll be alright you'll get back on track tomorrow" then run like hell
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Just had to chime in and say I loved reading your post. Cracked me up. And the same thing happens to me.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    ah, that's when i am happy i manage not to buy that stuff any more... you can't eat what you don't have around...
    just don't let me go to the store when the 'mood' hits me ;)
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    One word - protein. It'll help those cravings a lot.

What the lady says! Protein, the No.1 Craving Killer ;)

When this urge to eat the fridge strikes, I now opt for 6 oz plain low fat yoghurt, 1 serving of chocolate whey protein powder, and (if it has to be REALLY sweet) a packet of Truvia. Mix well and enjoy. It's so filling it'll show the cravings the door.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    CONFESSIONS OF A "TOM" EATING PSYCHO....

So, after I logged off mfp last night, I was around 70 calories over. Ok, no biggie...figured I'd make up for it today.

BUT NOOOOooooooooo......it is less than a week before my "TOM", and after I logged out all hell broke loose. Let me add visuals for my little pig fest.

Ate half a bag of these:
    kisses.jpg

Ate about this much popcorn:
    popcorn.jpg

The scary part is that I did NOT care. I knew I'd be pissed this morning, but when I start craving CRAP during this time of the month, I'm like a lunatic. I could probably polish off a side of beef without even blinking an eye if the spirit moved me. It's insane, and the sad part is that they have no meds for this impairment...lol. What is wrong with the medical community that they cannot get a handle on hormonal issues AND FIX THEM!!!! (pms talking, just ignore that last rant).

I'm trying not to take my pms eating binges lightly, but I have no clue how to stop myself. I've tried everything. I am glad that I'm usually able to lose whatever I've gained pretty quickly after the "time" passes, but still I think of how much more I could lose if I could get a handle on it.

Bloody shame I don't crave fruits and veggies during this time, but rather always something like a box of Twinkies or anything that has been dunked in massive amounts of salt. Arrrgghgghghghghhgh.....frustrating as hell. For the most part, I keep the things I crave out of the house during this time of the month, but I had bought and hid the kisses for my kid's Valentine party. I snuck them out of a cupboard where I'd been hiding them.

And men, don't even bother addressing this because you have NO clue. Mind over matter does not work...at all.

pms.jpg

WORST OF ALL, I DIDN'T LOG MY *kitten* UP....I simply cannot bring myself to do it.

If those were HUGS kisses...i'd be so there. i could eat a bag in 1 sitting, if i let myself. crazy addictive.
  • juliemaplehurst
    Options
    I used to have the hormone rollacoaster...... Dr said evening primrose oil, you will know within a week if it helps........you know what it's brill no more munching on crap,no more knife throwing, weeping cos the dog looked cute, in fact I feel almost sane most of the time........it worked for me maybe it will for you too......good luck......
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    "And men, don't even bother addressing this because you have NO clue. Mind over matter does not work...at all. "

As a woman, I 100% disagree. It really is mind over matter. How do you stop yourself? Just don't do it. It's hard as hell, but obviously not impossible. Stop telling yourself that it is and maybe you'll stop allowing it to happen.

Absolutely. YouCAN stop yourself.
    If someone held a gun to your head and threatened to shoot of you ate the unhealthy pile would you eat it? Course not.
    PMS is NO excuse for any sort of behaviour

Are you kidding? If someone held a gun to my head when I was PMS'ing and threatened to shoot me if I at what it was I was craving, I would RIP the gun right out of his hand, shoot him where it counts, shove it down his throat, and eat my chocolate. Then I'd cry.

So I don't suggest you try this at home.

LOL.

Pam