Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Aliens
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Cougars. I am seriously afraid one will run out at me while I'm out on a walk or run.

It's unlikely! If you were to encounter one, though, just make yourself appear as big as possible and back away slowly while looking at it but not in the eyes. Then you should be fine. I'm assuming that you're talking about the animal here, but if you're referring to the human variety, well, I think the same thing would work...
  • mommasamfa
    mommasamfa Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of short heights. Not heights in general, short heights. Like standing on a ladder or on a roof. See, if I'm on top of the Empire State building, and I fall, I'm not gonna live. However, if I fall from a ladder or a roof, I'll hurt myself and I have to deal with the pain or the wheelchair, whatever. So I'm horrified of short heights.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Cotton. No not like a shirt... Like a cotton ball. So creepy and gross. Worse than finger nails on a chalk board. My brothers and sisters will forever make fun of me... As I'm sure some of you will. LOL.

Ditto. Not scared of it, I just hate the feel and touch of it.

Yes. This is... horrible. Also styrofoam up against more styrofoam. *shudder.*
  • katieteetee
    katieteetee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    im scared of water, which isnt that weird other than im in the Navy ahaha

and fish, they have weird eyes that creep me out!
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Squirrels.
    I'm not terrified of them, my first reaction is always, "how cute!"
    When I have to walk pass them I get this horrible feeling that they're going to attack me.

They have mad little black eyes, and that twitching nose, it just scares me, just a little.
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Deep dark water...I've watched too many shark movies lol. Actually come to think of it, translucent deep water or seaweed infested water freaks me too out. :bigsmile:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Cotton. No not like a shirt... Like a cotton ball. So creepy and gross. Worse than finger nails on a chalk board. My brothers and sisters will forever make fun of me... As I'm sure some of you will. LOL.

Ditto. Not scared of it, I just hate the feel and touch of it.

Yes. This is... horrible. Also styrofoam up against more styrofoam. *shudder.*

Omg I just cringed when I read this. I hate styrofoam...eek.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Making phone calls.

Yes, seriously. I don't think I've ordered a pizza, chinese takeout, etc in 5 years... because i absolutely loathe picking up the phone and calling people!

My very bestest friend of the last 5 years? I've called her six times. Four times, it was " What do you want from Timmies? " on the way to her house.

I hate it even more if I'm calling someone I don't know. Need to schedule an appointment? Nope. Call a child's parents when their kid is sick? ................. only if they are REALLY sick and I don't have a choice.

Call the school? Nuh uh.
    Call to check the hours of a store? Heck no.
    Call to report a problem? Never.

OMG! I am EXACTLY the same! I can't stand it!
  • fguillory
    Options
    Escalators
    I will burst into tears if you try to get me to go up or down one
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely TERRIFIED of jellyfish. I can't even see them in pictures, and God forbid if I see one in the water. I love swimming but there have been holidays where I wouldnt even go near the Black Sea due to jellyfish at the shore (the Black Sea is known for it's huge invasions of jellyfish:noway: ). Last time I went to the Sea, my best friends boyfriend hat to carry me in his arms OVER the jellyfish row and stay with me in case one appear:sick: s. Haven't set foot there in 8 years, ill stick to the rivers/ lakes around my area... :ohwell:
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    Needles, specifically the intravenous kind. I feel sorry for any doctor that has to do blood work on me, a grown-*kitten* adult who bursts into frantic sobs at the sight of a butterfly needle (because to this day they have to use the pediatric needles on me or my minimal cooperation will vanish). For some reason I'm perfectly fine with tattoos and piercings. *le shrug*

Agreed on the phone calls, too. It's making job hunting twice as difficult. :grumble:
  • TEDtheWolf
    Options
    I have a fear of asking questions. Its weird..I can go up to a famous band member and ask for things like pictures and guitar picks from them but I really have a hard time asking non famous people things. Ex. You will never see me go up to the register of Burger King and ask for more sweet and sour sauce.

escalators. I shriek when I go on them. When I was little I would always see in the news about kids getting limbs stuck in them and for I believe 10 or so years I would refuse to go on them. Now I go on them but I make awkward little noises until I jump off and run away.

Heights. also goes with escalators. to many kids would fall off them too so I had a heights issue. my first rollercoaster was at 13 and I was dragged on it while I was in panic mode.

darkness/not being able to see. I was startled a few years ago at 2am with no street lights on while walking my dog. ever since then I always have to have a light on. I cant even play games where you have to be blindfolded without being a little freaked out.

being left behind. this one is because my mom has left me in the mall one to many times and drove off without noticing I was gone until she got home. When this happens I just sit where I was standing and I start shaking.

and needles. this one is odd cause I have 3 facial piercings, 7 tattoos and I donate blood. not really scared of them as bad as I was when I was little. I still freak out a little when I see the needle but not as bad.
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    Public transport, cucumbers, moths and old people. :') And that's serious. Ooer.
  • Adelphia
    Adelphia Posts: 176
    Options
    On a side note, my mom works with a woman who is deathly afraid of Post-Its. No one's never been able to get an explanation out of her.
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    -Clowns.
    -Bugs/insects.
    -Rodents.
    -Dogs.
    -Darkness.
    -Grinding teeth (not scared it just makes me feel weird).
    -When an object gets rubbed on a rug. OMG. I just can't stand it. It makes me cringe.
    -Walking towards a lighted area but having whats behind me be dark. I feel like something is going to grab me from behind!
    -Scary movies. I'll watch them but I won't sleep that night.
    -Having my bedroom door unlocked while I sleep. What if someone tries to come in and kill me!!

That is all for now. =)
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    skyscrapers :/ i can't go to big cities. i have panic attacks. i know, it's weird.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Rollercoasters...

I live fairly close to Alton Towers in UK, and I've been there a few times. I like the childish feeling of being in a theme park, but I'm petrified of rollercoasters. I once jumped off the log flume ride just before the last big drop as I was so scared... can only imagine the confusion of the ride workers when the boat went out with 3 people and came back with 2 lol

I also nearly fainted when I tried to enter the queue for Nemesis to face my fear a few years back :laugh:
  • BuzzKB82
    BuzzKB82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cotton wool. The feeling I get when i squeeze it in my hand or between my fingers, yuuuuck.
  • ZAislandgal
    Options
    Trypophobia (fear of clusters or holes)---google it and then look at the images:sick: ....I shudder just thinking about it. I saw a documentary of this kind of frog when I was younger and have been bothered by trypophobia since. Here is a clip I found of it :sick:.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCayq56wHSA