Dear fiftysomething naked guy in the gym locker room...

Options

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    You know, 50 isn't THAT old!

I will say, this is one of the many reasons I am glad that I live within 2 miles of the gym and don't have to use the locker room.
  • Tosha_Lynn
    Options
    LOL theres an older lady at my gym that does the samething..

Have they no shame!

Cruel world!!!!!!!
  • jillomahony
    jillomahony Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love the super American reaction to nudity! Try being an American in any gym in Europe! You're the odd one out if you have a towel around you in the locker room, sauna or steam room. Always naked except when working out!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I cant wait until I'm 50 so I can do this!!! Sounds like fun!!!... 4 more years..... yee haw!!
  • tammeegirl
    tammeegirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @bikermike5094 H-Y-S-T-E-R-I-C-A-L.......u made me laugh outloud. Funny!!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Love the super American reaction to nudity! Try being an American in any gym in Europe! You're the odd one out if you have a towel around you in the locker room, sauna or steam room. Always naked except when working out!

I'm not American. :drinker:
  • jillomahony
    jillomahony Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fair enough, it is usually Americans and other North Americans who get up tight about nudity. I suppose the British as well, and maybe Australia can be included in that. Just based upon my gym experiences in various countries!
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Speaking as an older (english) woman who has no problem with the changing room nudity thing I think you all should know that once you have suffered the supreme indignity of giving birth in an NHS hospital you will never have any hangups again about who sees your naked body.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Speaking as an older (english) woman who has no problem with the changing room nudity thing I think you all should know that once you have suffered the supreme indignity of giving birth in an NHS hospital you will never have any hangups again about who sees your naked body.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think that's any hospital, anywhere!
  • Karstenf
    Karstenf Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I workout early in the morning, and there's a clan of them in the locker room. It's like they have to do it. Think maybe they have a blog called "Dear thirtysomething homophobic guy in the locker room"...
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I workout early in the morning, and there's a clan of them in the locker room. It's like they have to do it. Think maybe they have a blog called "Dear thirtysomething homophobic guy in the locker room"...

Lol, maybe. Just for the record I'm not homophobic at all and perfectly fine with nudity. I just don't want it IN MY FACE. :noway:
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I know of a judge who likes to ride an exercise bike at the local gym completely naked. Because of that, nobody else will ride it (at least those who know he does it won't.)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

Lol, maybe. Just for the record I'm not homophobic at all and perfectly fine with nudity. I just don't want it IN MY FACE. :noway:

Good thing your gym doesn't have co-ed dressing rooms. Imagine if he did that to a gal. I'm the type to bite it just to get a reaction!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad my gym doesn't have a locker room.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Why is his junk in your face? Are you sitting while he's standing over you dangling his man bits on your forehead? I'm confused :noway:
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    yeah, the benches in the locker room need to be wiped down to get the ol man ball prints off of em.....
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Things of a similar nature happen to me all the time in the locker room. I'm standing there just chatting to a guy and I'm all like, "My eyes are up HERE, Dude! OMG! Stop looking at my gear young guys!! Really!
    :flowerforyou:
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Oh that made me laugh. Yuck.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    When I worked out in a gym, this didn't bother me much. Until my kid's teacher came over to me to have a conversation once.

I was sitting, putting shoes on.

He was standing.

Turned to face teacher. Naked teacher. Get an eyeful of his junk.

Dude.

DUDE.

No, just, no. Standing up I could handle perfectly well. Both sitting, fine. I've been in the sauna before. But I refuse to have a conversation with my kid's second grade teacher's junk. Hell no.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    makes even more sense when they have the towel over their shoulder...
    not on their waist....
    just talking away...
    then step one foot up on the bench...
    towel still on shoulder....
    talking away....