GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options

Replies

• NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    think my wife is sexier NOW at a size eight and over 40 , then when she was 20 and a size two, she looks HOT in a bikini and I turn into a 18 year old leering boy when she wears one in our pool or on a cruise/beach get away.

it's about how you present yourself, the more confident you are, the hotter you are....male or female.

as for stretch marks, she notices them, I don't but then again I am usually looking at different parts of her body ;)

<3 This!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    for the record, and especially to those who are worried about being devout or ungodly, i just turned to my husband (who is about to become an ordained minster) and asked him if he would be offended by me taking a bikini photo should i ever get to a size where a) i can find one that fits, and b) feel confident enough to wear it in public...

he just gave me a blank look and said "why would i be offended? its your body."
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    4q0ops.jpg
  • MumMumOfMany
    MumMumOfMany Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Amen to tht! im trying to get my pre baby body back specifically for the reason to rock a bikini in summer!x:happy:
  • dollienj
    Options
    For those that don't want your kids strutting their stuff in skimpy clothing, don't you feel there's kind of a difference between your teenage daughter's butt hanging out at the mall and ADULTS on a FITNESS site showing off their PROGRESS? Truly curious. To me they are 2 completely different subjects.

THIS.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    So whilst you're having a go at me... I wasn't just fat "bashing", I was also underweight "bashing".

I'm not stopping anyone wearing a bikini and I'm entitled to my own opinion... You all just want to hear one thing...why bother posting asking for thoughts if you don't want to know genuine thoughts?

I was overweight, I was appalled by it and I certainly didn't deserve to wear a bikini because of the way I had abused my body through lack of exercise, binge drinking and over eating rubbish. I turned this round and am now closer to a position wear I deserve to wear one.

Don't "bash" the person who's being honest and don't try to make others with my opinion feel unwelcome to post and silenced. We have an opinion and we have our reasons for having that opinion just as you do. It is after all, JUST an opinion. I'm not going round forcing people to cover up or anything and well, if those with far from suitable bodies for a bikini choose to wear one, more power to you, but don't expect me to like it. Why not have a bit of self respect and dignity and choose a nice one piece suit that flatters your figure?!

I am not sure which is more sad, the fact that you think you did not "deserve" a bikini before or that you are telling other women that they have "far from suitable bodies".

Personally, I don't wear bikinis in public (although I did post a picture in the thread) but it has nothing to do with how I feel about my body. I love my body now and I loved my body 20 pounds ago. I usually dress modestly because I get uncomfortable in social situations and I don't like to stand out. If I wanted to wear a bikini to the beach, I would wear one now or 20 pounds ago.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    That's why it's a dumb old book.

I thought you were above things like this. :sad:
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Most (not all) of the women who do that on this site are just looking for the attention they get from the men here.
    I kinda like the attention I get from the females way better...yes indeed!

Good lord, I missed this. I'm with Q. I have much more fun with the ladies than I do with the menfolk. I mean, I love my male friends, but I have much more fun playing with my lady friends.
    In the context of this debate the terms modesty, dignity and self-respect are all just code words meaning "the female form is dirty and shameful and needs to be covered up."

Exactly. Women have fought centuries to be liberated, to fight back RAPE CULTURE. THIS is what rape culture is, the belief that the way a woman dresses should alter the way she is treated. Forget that.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am totally here just for the attention....just ask my friends. :flowerforyou:

You got my attention :bigsmile:
  • apriljack
    Options
    I agree.... a women doe snot need to show everything she's got to show "her results"..... I think of myself as a godly women and I would not allow my daughter to parade around like that so I need to be an example too. Most (not all) of the women who do that on this site are just looking for the attention they get from the men here. I am loosing weight and feeling great, but it's for me and only my husband gets to see the "real" results..... most people will bag on this idea because they crave others attention, good or bad.....

It never fails someone has go bring God into it.......SO those who posted the pics are not Godly woman?!?! That is the problem with religious types the first thing they do is defend there opinions and ridicule everyone else's in the name of God, I am sure he appreciates it. All you are doing is judging them based on one action they took in there life you have no idea what type of person they are or what there motives are. I don't think it was God's intention for you to judge people in his name, as a matter of fact the bible is pretty clear on how God feels about judgement.
  • sruffin9834
    Options
    I'll be lucky to be wearing anything if I hit my final goal and get as sexy and toned as I hope to be eventually. I fully expect to be arrested for indecent exposure a few times in the future.

^^^This EXACTLY!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Wear what you feel good in...I love a bikini and I love my jeans with an over sized hoodies. I do know, if given a choice, my husband would prefer the bikini on me :wink:

Peace,
    Cami
  • Slugsasarus
    Slugsasarus Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When you have a bikini body, you like bikinis. When you don't have a bikini body, you don't like bikinis. No need to blow out anybody's hot bikini body candle now.

When I was overweight I took bikini bodies as an inspiration. Sure I was jealous, but I used to motivate me, not irritate me. These bikini pictures are success pictures. Why hate?

Cover your body if you want but those of us comfortable enough to rock a bikini should't be put down for our complete hard body awesomeness. Try going for a run, it's a much better stress reliever than message board ranting, but I guess that's just MY opinion ;)
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

Uh... I think you offended some people, because there are about a billion sarcastic comments in this thread...
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Most (not all) of the women who do that on this site are just looking for the attention they get from the men here.
    I kinda like the attention I get from the females way better...yes indeed!

I agree!

Yesterday I posted a pic of my new haircut, and my female friends are all like "I &*^%$%$ LOVE IT!!! Holy OMG!" and Ken says "Cool 'do, yo."

It was hilarious, and increased my love for him, but it illustrates the point nicely.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    as someone who could wear a bikini and chooses not to in the name of modesty, i've given this subject a lot of thought. not everyone agrees with me, but in my humble opinion (and for me personally) those parts of my body are "hidden treasures" that only my husband gets to oogle. it is a special and beautiful gift i can reserve for his eyes only.

everyone has grey areas in their life, but people draw their black and white lines at various places. some ladies feel that modesty means covering your whole body, head and all; for others, it means long dresses and prayer caps. some women will wear pants, but not shorts, others wear modest shorts that would be considered extremely immodest to the first group of women mentioned, and still others chose to wear daisy dukes with low cut tanks... where you draw your line is very subjective.

hopefully this site is a site where people of all types can get along, where we can respect each other's differences and agree to disagree. i love all my mfp friends, even the ones who post bikini pics. :flowerforyou:
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

It never fails someone has go bring God into it.......SO those who posted the pics are not Godly woman?!?! That is the problem with religious types the first thing they do is defend there opinions and ridicule everyone else's in the name of God, I am sure he appreciates it. All you are doing is judging them based on one action they took in there life you have no idea what type of person they are or what there motives are. I don't think it was God's intention for you to judge people in his name, as a matter of fact the bible is pretty clear on how God feels about judgement.

Oh good grief how about let's NOT make this a religious debate!!

no-religion.gif
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    For those that don't want your kids strutting their stuff in skimpy clothing, don't you feel there's kind of a difference between your teenage daughter's butt hanging out at the mall and ADULTS on a FITNESS site showing off their PROGRESS? Truly curious. To me they are 2 completely different subjects.

I completely agree
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I agree.... a women doe snot need to show everything she's got to show "her results"..... I think of myself as a godly women and I would not allow my daughter to parade around like that so I need to be an example too. Most (not all) of the women who do that on this site are just looking for the attention they get from the men here. I am loosing weight and feeling great, but it's for me and only my husband gets to see the "real" results..... most people will bag on this idea because they crave others attention, good or bad.....

I personally, as someone who believes, am tired of this as well. I can say this as someone who used to do the very same thing and realized the err in her ways.
  • Granny1227
    Options
    I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....