GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options
deeannhill
deeannhill Posts: 111 Member
I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    This website doesn't have nearly enough bikini pics.
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    If I had the body, I'd wear a bikini!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Everyone is free to make their own clothing choices. It's lovely.
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    As soon as my body is completely bikini ready, I'll post it all over this site.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    This website doesn't have nearly enough bikini pics.

^
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful that you have your own thoughts. I have my own too! YAY!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I think anybody that wants to post bikini pictures should be able to. Regardless of what anyone else has ever told them they should aspire to wear.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Me too! How many people are allowed to have their own thoughts before the world implodes?
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    As soon as I have the body I want, I plan to wear a bikini everywhere I go.

To each their own. I think the women that have the balls to put it out there, rock.
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    OP:
    To each their own. I have always been ashamed to wear swimsuits or anything that resembled one. You are more than welcome to say how you feel because everyone is entitled to THEIR opinion but really, it's just that "THEIR" opinion. I applaud ANY woman that has the guts to display themselves confidently in a swimsuit. Today, I displayed MY pictures. They weren't to 'show off' but to help with my self esteem and to help build confidence with in myself. If this offends you, maybe you shouldn't click on the links that says they contain pictures. :wink:
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    X2
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You may wear whatever you like.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I think my body confidence is hugely under-rated.

There I fixed it for you.....
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Some people are more comfortable with allowing others to see their bodies, especially in the context of a fitness site.

However, those same people don't seem to question or judge those who prefer to wear pants or long sleeves in their photos.
  • Hyperspace
    Options
    :"are bikini pics really the best display of a ??"

Assuming you meant "are they the best display of fitness progress"--- Well yes, barring total nekkidness.

To each their own.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Everyone is free to make their own clothing choices. It's lovely.

^^This.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My body looked like crap after I had my baby...now that I'm getting in the best shape of my life hellllll yeah I'm gonna be rocking a bikini this summer!! I'm PROUD of this body I'm building and I'm gonna show it off! I'm not gonna dress like a hooker or something but this summer I will damn sure be wearing some cute little shorts and tanks because I can finally wear them with confidence. It's going to feel amazing and I can't wait!
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    As soon as my body is completely bikini ready, I'll post it all over this site.

love ^^^ this!!!
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If I had the body, I'd wear a bikini!!!

Me, too!!
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    <
    Proud and no not a bikini but close enough and yes I feel the need to show my hard work off