GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I have no wish to wear a bikini, ever. I'm a pale skinned redhead, so covering up is my summer attire!:laugh:

I don't understand how mens clothes have gotten baggier & baggier yet womens fashion is getting skimpier by the season. Bring back properly fitting mens jeans please.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

I think that everyone is free to do what they want. Even you.

Ain't life grand??
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    If I had the body, I'd wear a bikini!!!

I second this!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    If I had the body, I'd wear a bikini!!!

Me, too!!
    Me, three
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Don't like it, dont' look. :flowerforyou:
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    As soon as I have the body I want, I plan to wear a bikini everywhere I go.

Strut yo' stuff!! lol
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My thoughts?

No, I don't think you want my thoughts...
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    It's wonderful that you have your own thoughts. I have my own too! YAY!

Haha. WIN!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    So what was the point of this post? To state your opinion? To justify what you do in your own home? Im a little lost.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    if you are happy with your body and you are comfortable .. why not,......... thats what some people are working towards
  • katsmit2
    Options
    totally agree. the world today is so sex charged! it is hard to raise a daughter to be proud of herself and her body, regardless if her body type is that of celebs on television.
  • mdbs2004
    mdbs2004 Posts: 220
    Options
    As soon as my body is completely bikini ready, I'll post it all over this site.

ME 2!!
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    I think in context to what this site promotes ( weight loss/ fitness) it's just fine.
  • angelgutierrez
    Options
    I love seeing bikini pics on large med and small woman, it gives me motivation. Keep posting the pics ladies you've worked hard, and you should feel proud to show it off!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    This website doesn't have nearly enough bikini pics.

Agreed, topless are fine too, they just have to cover their lady lumps.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Some people are more comfortable with allowing others to see their bodies, especially in the context of a fitness site.

However, those same people don't seem to question or judge those who prefer to wear pants or long sleeves in their photos.

This is really an excellent point.

Are long pants and sleeves really the best way to show progress? Well, no actually. However, I have no problem with people wear long pants and sleeves. EVEN on a fitness site. Imagine that.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    If you feel more comfortable covered up that's perfectly ok. It's the part where you judge others for their choices that is upsetting.

It's a fitness site. Anyone that uncomfortable with the human body doesn't really belong here.

Shocking fact, as it turns out we are all naked under our clothes.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I wear crotchless undies. Wanna see?
  • a_acosta80
    Options
    I think anybody that wants to post bikini pictures should be able to. Regardless of what anyone else has ever told them they should aspire to wear.
    [/quote

Ditto!!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap
    Um, yeah, me too. The parts under my bikini...

(I posted in the bikini thread last night. With a picture my husband took. And right after I posted it, he immediately commented "I'm a lucky guy!")