GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options

Replies

• Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with it at all. And no, that's not my "I'm a guy and like looking at hot girls in bikinis" side saying that (although that side of me DEFINITELY exists). That's just my honest opinion. If someone works hard to make their body the way they want it to be, then they shouldn't have any reservations about showing it off.

And as far as keeping some things private for your hubby to see...what are we talking about here? Belly? Shoulders? Kneecaps? All the important stuff is covered in a bikini.

I mean, this isn't My Amish Fitness Pal, after all...
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Wear what you want, doesn't matter to me. I do find that clothing needs to be appropriate for the activity. Take vigilante crime fighting, for example:
    fat-batman-04.jpg
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    If you want to show it,More power to ya! The body is a work of art! no matter what size or shape..Love yourself, or nobody else will;-)
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I feel it is completely ok to show any part of your body that you have worked hard at. For some you cannot truly tell how much they have lost or the definition their exercise has done for them without being in a bathsuit or bikini. I look much larger in clothing than I really am. I am too shy to post a bikini pic but super proud of the people that have awesome confidence to be able to do so. I guess I am just not a prude when it comes to body parts, probably comes from working in health care the last 19 years, I have seen it all and so many times that a boob looks the same as a hand to me :)
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Who is it hurting? I am too old for a bikini, but it certainly doesn't bother me. If I were younger, I'd do it!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a sports bra with no t-shirt in my profile, but other than on this site, I'm relatively conservative when it comes to dress. I don't ever go on a run or workout at the gym without a t-shirt. But that's just my own shyness. I think it is awesome that other people have the confidence to show off. In my neighborhood, there is even an infamous "bikini jogger."

http://sfist.com/2011/11/17/bernal_heights_bikini_jogger_fascin.php I think she's awesome.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap
    Um, yeah, me too. The parts under my bikini...

This! ^^ Love it
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I said to my husband the other day, "Some guys get jealous if their wife posts pictures in a bikini on the internet."

He said, "Really?! I just get smug." :laugh:
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Bikini ??? Heck .. when I finish this masterpiece I'm not wearing ANYTHING !!!! LOL !!!

Just kidding ( sorta, lol ) ... Seriously, the greatest part of being an American is the freedom of choice ! I respect yours and would hope that you respect others !

Have a great day ! :smile:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    totally agree. the world today is so sex charged! it is hard to raise a daughter to be proud of herself and her body, regardless if her body type is that of celebs on television.
    My problem with the OP is that I don't think the sex charged media was the target of the post. I think it was another post where women of all sizes were posting pictures of themselves in bikini's for other MFP viewers as a motivational and support tool.
  • laceyworrall
    Options
    My body looked like crap after I had my baby...now that I'm getting in the best shape of my life hellllll yeah I'm gonna be rocking a bikini this summer!! I'm PROUD of this body I'm building and I'm gonna show it off! I'm not gonna dress like a hooker or something but this summer I will damn sure be wearing some cute little shorts and tanks because I can finally wear them with confidence. It's going to feel amazing and I can't wait!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The bikini thread (I assume that is what you are referring to) rolled after 20 pages. So I'm guessing there are more folks on here who found that inspiring than will agree with you.

Case in point, I haven't read a post yet on this thread that doesn't oppose your opinion.

You are free to give yours, but be aware you may not find what you are looking for.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Forget a BIKINI, if I had the body I want, I'd walk around naked.

Of course, that is a bit much for this site lol but you best believe I'd rock a bikini AND show it off! Most of my friends have amazing bodies and on their Facebook's they have pictures of themselves in bikinis at the beach, at the pool or on boats. I think it's awesome. Looking good in a bikini is actually what a lot of women strive for in terms of fitness goals. More power to them when they actually achieve it.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    As soon as my body is completely bikini ready, I'll post it all over this site.

All about this.
  • RockyB1985
    Options
    This website doesn't have nearly enough bikini pics.

x10
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Confidence is sexy. I admire those with the confidence to share those pictures.

As with all things you don't like, don't participate / look / listen if it's not your cup o' tea. It's a really simple concept.
  • thebigbige
    thebigbige Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I think it interesting that the woman arguing for what I'm guessing is modesty, is wearing a low cut top to show off her cleavage. I guess I'm not sure what her point is, but it sure seems like she's showing off her goods.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    welcome to the free world,

421952_319430934760138_279847832051782_771010_1088716618_n.jpg

when i get to goal if i wanna post here with nipple tassles and a thong im'a do it. so there.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap
    Um, yeah, me too. The parts under my bikini...

(I posted in the bikini thread last night. With a picture my husband took. And right after I posted it, he immediately commented "I'm a lucky guy!")

I like everything about this response.
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    Hahahaha.... jealous.