GIrl, please; are bikini pics really the best display of a "

Options

Replies

• seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    As soon as my body is completely bikini ready, I'll post it all over this site.

^ ditto
  • blahblah123314
    blahblah123314 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can't wait until I get to my goal weight. Why wouldn't I want to show what I've worked so hard for? How are you going to see my abs and toned legs through a pair of jeans and a t-shirt? So yes, bikini pics are a great display of progress :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Wear what you want, doesn't matter to me. I do find that clothing needs to be appropriate for the activity. Take vigilante crime fighting, for example:
    fat-batman-04.jpg

lol, he looks awfully proud of himself
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    This website doesn't have nearly enough bikini pics.

What this man said.. and I think for a woman to feel good enough to show her how she really is I think its great they can do that.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't post my body in a bikini online...only because I am a bit of a prude...hahaha

No, but seriously I do like some privacy, wouldn't want my coworkers/managers, or future potential bosses to ever search my name online and find me in a bikini! LOL

That being said, if someone is comfortable to do so...is confident enough to do so...and looks/feels great...then that is their perogative.

If you got it, flaunt it...but with caution and tastefully.
  • laceyworrall
    Options
    I am with you girl! Still working on the beack body but I can't wait to wear my beack clothes with confidence and not worry about covering up areas I don't want seen!!! Trying to get rid of the "mommy" body too.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'll be lucky to be wearing anything if I hit my final goal and get as sexy and toned as I hope to be eventually. I fully expect to be arrested for indecent exposure a few times in the future.
  • seraphh
    Options
    I think body confidence is hugely under-rated.

However; is it really confidence that leads a woman to feel she needs to display her nearly naked body for comment?

Personally (and yes, this is my OPINION) I prefer to keep some parts of my body a secret for only my husband to unwrap. I don't wear a bikini. I don't wear a sports bra without a shirt over it. I don't wear "ta-da!" shorts. Or any number of the myriad of revealing clothes that I've been told I should aspire to wear. I don't let my daughter wear them either.

Thoughts....

You don't back up any of your claims. First you talk about your opinion, and then you just say how to prefer to show your own body. Then you criticise other women for not showing their bodies the same way you show yours, and offer now reasons for them to change how they show their bodies.

Clearly, the reason women show off their bodies in bikinis on this site is because that's their way of motivating themselves: by showing thousands of people how they look in a bikini. They must work hard to improve their bodies, because thousands of people can see their progress.

Why don't you admit that this is a skinny bashing thread, Deannhill, and let us all boo you out of here in peace?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    This is kind of my end goal. To have this much courage. It doesn't matter what you look like on the outside. its what is in you that counts.

666.jpg
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If you like keeping what you got under wraps, that is your thing. If someone wants to wear a bikini, that is theirs. I don't view people who wear sweats and tees at the gym as unconfident in their bodies or anything. And I don't view people who wear bikinis as people who are oozing self confidence. There are those people who are insecure who wear bikinis and those who are uber confident who wear a tankini with a swim skirt.
    I think here, posting before and afters in a bikini allows the person to demonstrate weightloss/muscle gain, etc as most all areas are uncovered. Like you cannot tell how much back fat someone lost in a pic in a tee. You cannot see someone's ripped 6 pack in a tank top. But, if you don't want to share those things with a bunch of stranger, by all means, dont!:-)
  • rcc1988
    rcc1988 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If you choose not to wear revealing garments in your pics, that is your choice and it is fine.
    If you choose to do so, that is also fine.

Confidence is different for everyone, and for some women being able to wear clothes that were always "forbidden" to them feels incredibly empowering - for them, covering up wasn't confidence, it was hiding. If that's not the case for you, that's great too! Whatever makes YOU feel confident and happy.

But nobody should be make to feel ashamed for posting body pictures, regardless of what they're wearing - most people who've had weight issues have had enough shaming from others to last a lifetime. Besides, I see guys on here post pictures of themselves all the time in nothing but little shorts all the time! It's just skin. Some people like to cover it. Others don't. Either choice is equally fine.
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    OP:
    To each their own. I have always been ashamed to wear swimsuits or anything that resembled one. You are more than welcome to say how you feel because everyone is entitled to THEIR opinion but really, it's just that "THEIR" opinion. I applaud ANY woman that has the guts to display themselves confidently in a swimsuit. Today, I displayed MY pictures. They weren't to 'show off' but to help with my self esteem and to help build confidence with in myself. If this offends you, maybe you shouldn't click on the links that says they contain pictures. :wink:

Same! I have a sports bra and "ta-da" shorts photo here :P I haven't posted them on the forums because I generally don't check those threads, but I've been working really hard and I feel proud of myself and don't hate my body. That's major progress, and anyone who feels that way should feel damn happy about it. IMHO. I don't think my stomach is anything "special" to "unwrap," but I also think there is too much body-shaming in America anyways.

Chalk it up to a different age, world view, set of experiences, and whatnot. That's what makes the world great.
  • 0AmyMarie0
    Options
    It's wonderful that you have your own thoughts. I have my own too! YAY!

Awesome! I've never been a bikini wearer, even as a 105 lb 18 year old, but I don't think there is ANYTHING wrong with having the confidence to wear one. Kudos to all the women who do! Maybe I'll get the guts to wear one some day too!
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If someone is proud enough of ther accomplishment to wear a bikini to show their new found body, I say absolutely. No different than a man taking a shirtless photo for everyone to see his accomplishment..
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    SHALLOW..
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    This website doesn't have nearly enough bikini pics.

x2
  • BarbelleBaby
    Options
    I can appreciate anyone who doesn't want to 'flaunt'. But I don't see 'skin' as being very private or intimate, so there's no reason I wouldn't reveal mine, especially as it's the easiest way to show what you've achieved - and a lot of people deserve to feel proud :)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Isn't it fabulous that we can all make choices for ourselves regardless of others' opinions? I just love that!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm a born and raised Florida girl and I have never seen anything wrong with bikinis, tanks, short shorts, or sports bras while running. It's hot and why not take advantage of the free sunlight to tan your skin?

My body is not a special gift to be unwrappedy for my husband. My body is MINE and I love it. I let it breath! My husband can wear a speedo to the beach if he wants. I really don't care.

As far at the bikini's post, this is a fitness site about creating healthy bodies. Why not photograph that journey?
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    If I had the body, I'd wear a bikini!!!

^This. I'd be rocking that bikin all year long, too.