HUGE victory for me today!!!

Options
keeponkickin
keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
Two years ago I was seen by a cardiologist for a heart problem. Went through many tests and got the "all clear" BUT you really need to lose weight and exercise. Right about that same time my mom passed away and I spent a year in a fog. I came out of that fog and I knew I had to make some major changes. On January 11, 2011 I joined MFP and exactly one year later I dropped 111 pounds. Today, I was seen by my cardiologist again. When she walked in the room she flipped out. She told me she is always telling people they need to lose weight and exercise but nobody has returned to her like I have. I showed her my before and current photos and she asked if she could have them. Of course doc. She then takes them and puts them on the main bulletin board and put a sign above it that read "you CAN do this too, 111 pounds lost in one year!" She then asked me if I was willing to be a motivational speaker for a weight loss clinic that she heads up and if I was willing to participate in a 5k coming up soon for staff and patients. I am so happy she asked me to help. I have such a heart to help others, to come along side and encourage them that they too can do this. I see people at the gym that are like I was last year and I want to go up to them and give them a pat on the back, tell them to never give up, that I understand the road they are on.

I'm walking a bit taller today. I want to give all of you a pat on the back. You can do this! Here are the pics I gave to my doctor today.

fatfatfat.jpg
009.jpg
CindyJanuary272012.jpg

Replies

• Jenny_Bee
    Options
    That is really awesome. I wish you all the best!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! How wonderful for your doctor to do that. Congratulations!!

And by the way-you look great!
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Absolutely phenomenal!!!!
  • onmyway31
    Options
    I am in tears, I mean happy tears, you are an inspiration to me, I have over 100 to lose and I have been keeping a steady weight loss! :flowerforyou:
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are. Way to continue to be a positive person for others and encourge them. WTG.
    By the way you look awesome.
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    That is beyond fantastic!!!!
    You are a wonderful inspiration!
  • fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!!! Fantastic well done you!
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations!!
  • WOW! You look amazing - good for you. I'm happy for you and wish you all the best. You are an inspiration ... what were your secrets? :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful! I know you are proud! :flowerforyou:
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Huge respect to you
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thanks for the inspirational story and photos. :flowerforyou: :glasses:

LOVE the profile photo, btw!
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I love reading stories like this :) You are amazing!!
  • bballmom20
    Options
    Wow! You look great and what a great compliment from your doctor!!
  • JodyPellissey
    Options
    AMAZING!! What an inspiration ... thanks for sharing your story and pictures :)
  • thedrummer1978
    thedrummer1978 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look awesome! I just started my 100 pound journey and hope I look half as good as that when I'm done! I LOVE your profile pic! Cheers to your success! :drinker:
  • porterca
    porterca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! That is an awesome NSV!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Total awesomeness! Reading this made me cry a little! I don't know you, but I am so proud of you!
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    What an amazing success story you are! I had chills reading your post. Congratulations on your achievement. You are truly an inspiration to others. Of course, you look fantastic, but I bet you feel so much healthier too!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Two years ago I was seen by a cardiologist for a heart problem. Went through many tests and got the "all clear" BUT you really need to lose weight and exercise. Right about that same time my mom passed away and I spent a year in a fog. I came out of that fog and I knew I had to make some major changes. On January 11, 2011 I joined MFP and exactly one year later I dropped 111 pounds. Today, I was seen by my cardiologist again. When she walked in the room she flipped out. She told me she is always telling people they need to lose weight and exercise but nobody has returned to her like I have. I showed her my before and current photos and she asked if she could have them. Of course doc. She then takes them and puts them on the main bulletin board and put a sign above it that read "you CAN do this too, 111 pounds lost in one year!" She then asked me if I was willing to be a motivational speaker for a weight loss clinic that she heads up and if I was willing to participate in a 5k coming up soon for staff and patients. I am so happy she asked me to help. I have such a heart to help others, to come along side and encourage them that they too can do this. I see people at the gym that are like I was last year and I want to go up to them and give them a pat on the back, tell them to never give up, that I understand the road they are on.

I'm walking a bit taller today. I want to give all of you a pat on the back. You can do this! Here are the pics I gave to my doctor today.

Seriously if I was looked like you I would at least be a part-time personal trainer.

I *hate* when I see a personal trainer who's like 25 and they've NEVER had a BMI over 10. WTF do they know about trying to lose weight?

"Oh I have AHA and blah blah blah certificates." I don't give a #$%&, it's EXPERIENCE that counts in life and you've LIVED it!

You are awesome and I really really hope you take your experience and share it with other people that need to lose 111 lbs.

I've never even met someone that lost 100+ lbs, I've only seen it on TV.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!