What food/drink is JUST not worth it

Options

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Dr. Pepper. I loooove it (Dr. Pepper is practically a religion here!) but the sugar makes me crash and gives me a headache, and I don't do artificial sweeteners, so I just have to say no. My hubby still drinks it, so it is always in the house, but it doesn't even tempt me any more. Although sometimes the thpight of a nice cold Sonic fountain Dr. Pepper almost gets the better of me!

I knew you had to be in Texas... another Texan here....
    Dr. Pepper is a religion.
  • Alex_on_the_Rocks
    Options
    Energy drinks. With 4 kids, they were a staple!!! But now if I need a pick-me-up, I'll have a second cup of coffee - even with cream and sugar WAY fewer calories than an energy drink! AND I enjoy it much more!:drinker:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm amazed how many people eat ready meal, so full of calories, fat and salt...sooo lazy! You can eat twice as much and healthier if you make you own! cook people!

:frown: A good suggestion ruined by bad delivery.

Mmmm... Soylent Green. Yum.
  • FireTigerSoul
    FireTigerSoul Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Subway's chocolate chip cookies. I thought I was being good by only having one...until I entered it and was shocked to see it was almost as much as my sandwich!
  • emmiee921
    Options
    pretty much every calorie drink except milk, i use to not have much of it tho, if i get a coffee i only put a little milk or half the milk,
    now i started having iced lattes but use around less then a cup of skim milk and add lots of ice and extra coffee
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    fancy drinks from coffee shops complete with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Sooo yummy, but soooo deadly for calories!
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Route 44 Vanilla Dr. Pepper from Sonic.....LOVE! But I won't even touch a sugar free soda, let alone a regular.
    In and Out Cheeseburgers...cheese, special sauce, white bread - 'nuff said.
    Any drink with calories (except red wine--love me some red wine, but I don't indulge more than once a week).
    Any and all salty snacks. I love them, especially with a Mounds candy bar on the side to round out the saltiness--haven't had any in three weeks.

Somebody in the office brought muffins today. I didn't even go near them. I find that the longer I try to eat healthy, the less tempted I am by junk food.

However, I'm eating a Gala apple right now and I'm imagining it smothered in caramel......
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    McD's.. it always seems like it'll taste good but I always feel ill afterwards, and now they have the calorie counts on the containers that make it that much easier to say no :)
  • Rose_Oh
    Rose_Oh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Johnny Carinos: Jalapeno Garlic Tilapia 1,607 calories 126 fat g

Used to have this once a week before checking out the nutritional values! Don't go there anymore. :(
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    who are all these people saying drinks are not worth it - i'd rather have a glass of champagne than an ice-cream anyway!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    who are all these people saying drinks are not worth it - i'd rather have a glass of champagne than an ice-cream anyway!

Hell yes!
  • Jamiegirl2009
    Jamiegirl2009 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    POP is not worth it.
    CHIPS are not worth it.
    CHOCOLATE BARS are not worth it.
    Any kind of sweet drink are definately NOT worth it.
    PREMADE SALAD DRESSING'S are not worth it.
    MCDONALDS CHEESEBURGERS are not worth it
    WENDYS cheeseburgers are NOT worth it.
    ANY DRIVE THROUGH!!!! is NOT worth it.
    FULL FAT CHEESE is not longer worth it.
    (SAD FACE) Bread is NO LONGER WORTH IT!!!

And that concludes the list of things that for me, ARE NO LONGER WORTH IT.

What is WORTH it is ME!

LOVE IT! GO JamieGirl!

I love this place : )
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Regular pop
    I know I'll get crucified for this but......bacon. I've just never liked it.
  • cheyniemama
    Options
    Applebees oriental chicken salad...650 for the salad, 700!!! for 4 tablespoons of the dressing alone (and you know they bring you WAY more than 4 Tablespoons in that little cup. 1350 calories is a bit ridiculous.
  • Scottnichola
    Options
    Applebees Salads like the chicken Asian or fajita salad. Almost 1200 CALORIES and with the dressing fat enough for 3 DAYS. you are better off eating a steak.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    There are so many. For me, it is soda, diet or regular.
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    I'm amazed how many people eat ready meal, so full of calories, fat and salt...sooo lazy! You can eat twice as much and healthier if you make you own! cook people!

:frown: A good suggestion ruined by bad delivery.

Sorry for my somewhat "bad delivery" people :brokenheart:
  • dooberdockie
    dooberdockie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I loved French Fries... now I am not sure why. Too many calories, very little appetite killing power!!
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha's (Grande), love them but not worth it at 470 each :(

totally agree! luv them but give them up 6 months ago.... then, i started with skinny caramel machiatto but for $4.55, i just skipped it all together..... i just make my own!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Not worth it- most baked goods and prepackaged cookies. I love to bake, and have little self-control. There are so many calories and fat packed into such a small amount of food, it kills me. The gratification of eating the 2 double stuffed oreos is gone in moments, and I can have yogurt and a piece of fruit for the same calories and no fat.