Why are YOU fat?

Options

Replies

• LPinTheD
    LPinTheD Posts: 129
    Options
    No excuses... I got lazy, complacent, and let myself go...
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    4 words:

Jack
    In
    The
    Box

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!
  • joannea1988
    Options
    i loved a take away mmmmm
    emotional eater
    was bone lazy
    im ment to be fat
    my hubby loves me no matter what

any other excuse i can think of, now , this week ive been the gym 6 times , walked everywhere , i get up happier, i love mfp :heart:
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Does that mean baking is bad?

I let school get in theway of my health and I stopped caring about myself the way that I used to when I was younger. But now that I'm near the end of my school career I want to care again so I've been losing weight slowly but steadily.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    drinking ... poor food choices ... getting content in my relationship and not working out
  • lublue
    lublue Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I always have been. As soon as I grew up I started doing something about it, before then, I don't know how much responsibility I can really take and that motivates me even more. Now I know that any weight I gain IS my fault, and I don't want to ever make myself less healthy.
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    We all have excuses and stories and reasons why we gained weight, why we don't exercise, blah blah blah blah.

What's YOURS???

I am fat because :

1 ) I used to say " I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny and a b*tch "

2 ) I had two ankle surgeries and spend 6 months in a cast.

3) I had three kids and really, who has time to eat properly?

4 ) My husband eats like crap.

5 ) I like to bake.

6 ) The stars don't align in my favour.

7 ) Every time I start to eat healthy, something happens.

8 ) My kids ruined my body.

9 ) I think my husband likes fat women.

10 ) I'm lazy and full of excuses.

OMG!!! Are we clones?? These were the exacts excuses I used for years!! No. 10 is the real one:)
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    i used to be active when i was little, but in middle school all the friends i used to run around with moved. so the pounds slowly started creeping on until one day i saw myself and wondered...how did i let my self get this big? i was only 18 and weighed 250 pounds! and i am not a tall girl either, so i looked extra rollie pollie lol. so i started moving my tushie and im slowly decreasing in size, its awesome :)
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I was fat because as long as I wasn't 'the fattest friend' then I was eating just fine, as long as I didn't order the most unhealthy meal, I just just fine.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I was put on anti depressants at 19 - gained 155lbs in 2.5 years.
  • lisahuiras
    Options
    No one has to to overweight. I have been working in the weight management field for over 16 years. I have many weight loss options. What is good for some people may not be the best fit for weight loss for someone else. Please feel free to contact me. lisahuiras@hotmail.com
  • tinacc1
    tinacc1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    So may reasons:

Trying to do it all without asking for help: STRESS
    Fibromyalgia which made exercising painful
    Emotional eating
    No willpower
    Not eating enough of the proper food
    Now:
    I'm Aquasizing, Snowshoeing
    Eating well, and eating MUCH more food.
    Down 10.2 lbs in 1 month (only 5 on MFP) and heading for 35 more!
  • Newlyweds
    Newlyweds Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So many excuses. I had twins gained 60lbs, immediately lost 60 from breastfeeding. But eating so many calories while bfing, then when I stopped bfing I didn't stop eating. The lbs started showing. I had never been over 140lbs in my life (except when preggo). I became a stay at home mom and started food blogging and my obsession with great foods grew and grew, as did my appetite and portions. I was baking weekly. Portion control was out the window, next thing I know 4 years after my babies are born I am the exact weight I was when I had them 198lbs. How depressing. I know my food issues stem from my interests (I truly love cooking), and boredom. I tend to overeat in the middle of the day, (3-4) that is my witching hour.

I am slowly changing my view on food, portion control and my huge sweet tooth. I am 4 days into my fitness pal and 4 days of no processed sugars. I know I can do this.
  • annie321adubtw
    Options
    1) I eat too much
    2) most of what I eat is bad for me
    3) i don't exercise much
    4) I used to be happy with the way I was
  • vickieross
    vickieross Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Love the list, I believe most women on mfp can relate.:flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I ate too much and I didn't exercise...nobody and nothing to blame but me...
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Binging/eating too much.
  • Arrietty
    Options
    My hobbies aren't active enough eg. art, reading, more art. Also two brothers who eat like horses. My boyfriend lies me too much to worry about how I look(not complaining about that) an I guess I'm too lazy. All my fault really.
  • mysteriousmillie
    Options
    I'm fat because I love to eat, I eat loads of the wrong foods, there is no other reason than I am a greedy git!
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I am fat because I like to eat and hate to exercise. That's the bottom line.

^^THIS!