"Making Out" at the YMCA..... kinda creepy.

Options
So I am at the YMCA today, and I saw this group of teens that I see quite often. They like to workout in the hallway where the boxing bags are. I never had a problem with them, and I guess I still don't, but it was kind of creepy. There are about 10 of them, and probably 5 girls and 5 guys. All about 16 - 17 years old I would guess. I have never seen them do what they were doing today.

So, I am walking / jogging and about every 2x I do a lap, the kids that aren't working out are kissing. Not wild crazy kissing, but I found it strange..... But even moreso when after doing many laps, I realized that they were constantly changing partners with who they were kissing.

So, they would workout, then make out.....

Kinda creepy for being at the YMCA, I would say.

Replies

• shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    WTF, Is this how dating works now lol
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    From what I know about the shows on MTV now, that is considered normal. It is what they regularly see on TV.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    The gym employee ( what else do you call the guy in the uniform?? ) has been known to snuggle up with his chicky off to the side of the gym.

You do NOT have to have her leg over your shoulder to help her " stretch it out "
  • jesirabbit02
    Options
    awesome, kids are becoming swingers at a younger age...lol..yuck....

I have a group of young adults that like to make out in the lobby of my luxury apartment building. I asked them once, what apartment do you live in? after they answered with the number, I said, okay go to it. =x
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Oh god...

1. kissing and working out... that's fine, but not so constantly in public when people are trying to concentrate... and so should they. LOL! Or go make out somewhere else.

2. CHANGING PARTNERS?!
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    That is so disgusting to me. I could never imagine doing that!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    maybe it's a new game...let's get sweaty and swing....
  • qwe3nz
    qwe3nz Posts: 29
    Options
    that is sick
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    LOL We used to make out on the stairs at the Y too -- but that was 30 years ago :)
  • karenberger1974
    Options
    Thats gross and nasty!
  • lr8812
    lr8812 Posts: 111
    Options
    That's pretty odd. don't they feel odd?
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    That's pretty odd. don't they feel odd?

Well, apparently not! I mentioned this to a few folks today at the gym, and they said kids do stuff like that these days.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    It's things like this that make me happy to be done with my teenage years...
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    It's things like this that make me happy to be done with my teenage years...

It's things like this that make me happy to not have any children :)
  • Elzecat
    Options
    I know that we used to play spin the bottle and all that back in the day...but...ewww....
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Those wacky kids these days. I imagine it was somewhat the same with all generations.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    @ photogrrl.... you took my thoughts and typed them. lol. Really NO different than spin the bottle... They just cutting to the chase. mwahahahahaaha

Also... Consider it a form of speed make out. lol. Instead of speed dating. :laugh:
  • Elzecat
    Options
    @ photogrrl.... you took my thoughts and typed them. lol. Really NO different than spin the bottle... They just cutting to the chase. mwahahahahaaha

Also... Consider it a form of speed make out. lol. Instead of speed dating. :laugh:

extra EWWW :laugh:
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    No, that's not normal but a group of weirdos doing what outcast creepers do.
    I am raising 5 kids - 2 teens, and NO WAY is that behavior typical.
    My son is like me. If anybody so much as looked at my girl the wrong way, he was cruising for a major bruising.
    That has not changed with the crowd my kids hang with.
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's things like this that make me happy to not have any children :)

I was sooo going to say that :-D

AACCKK I don't know why it's all in quotes.