"Making Out" at the YMCA..... kinda creepy.

Options

Replies

• WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Whoa. That is the weirdest thing I have heard...
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Just because someone's lifestyle choices do not match your own does not give you an excuse to judge.
    Nature judges this type of immoral behavior with Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
    Nature doesn't care about our crybaby notions about tolerance, acceptance, openness or anything.
    Nature just is.
    And when you violate the laws of nature, you suffer.
    That's just reality; welcome back to planet earth....:drinker:
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    So I am at the YMCA today, and I saw this group of teens that I see quite often. They like to workout in the hallway where the boxing bags are. I never had a problem with them, and I guess I still don't, but it was kind of creepy. There are about 10 of them, and probably 5 girls and 5 guys. All about 16 - 17 years old I would guess. I have never seen them do what they were doing today.

So, I am walking / jogging and about every 2x I do a lap, the kids that aren't working out are kissing. Not wild crazy kissing, but I found it strange..... But even moreso when after doing many laps, I realized that they were constantly changing partners with who they were kissing.

So, they would workout, then make out.....

Kinda creepy for being at the YMCA, I would say.

WTF!! no wonder i prefer to workout at home!!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Ewwwww. Just ew. Like, the last thing I'm thinking of when I'm sweating and starting to smell funny is wanting to make out with someone, especially multiple someones.

There is something wrong with kids today.

It's more how there parents raised them than how "kids are these days."

Don't be so quick to judge.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    You know how the song goes......It's fun to stay at the YMCA -
    calm down folks!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Dude, thats really odd. Yeah, I understand that SOME teens are doing things like that nowadays, but its not all of them. I had a group of friends I knew did odd things like that during their weekend parties, but most of them dont! Cheer up peeps! Its not all of them!
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Not surprised, especially since that news report about how they're funneling booze into their anuses and using vodka soaked tampons to get a quicker buzz

WTF?!!! :noway:

Oh, how times have changed.... Glad i'm not a teenager these days!!!
  • jimmyd57
    jimmyd57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Circuit training?
  • upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Don't think it's so new really. I still remember playing truth or dare (usually involved making out with multiple girls) as well as some slightly more outrageous parties in 1969. What goes around comes around I guess!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Not surprised, especially since that news report about how they're funneling booze into their anuses and using vodka soaked tampons to get a quicker buzz

WTF?!!! :noway:

Oh, how times have changed.... Glad i'm not a teenager these days!!!

You glad cause you don't do these things or you glad cos you don't get judged as much? Seriously. Not every single person is the same. :grumble:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Just because someone's lifestyle choices do not match your own does not give you an excuse to judge.
    Nature judges this type of immoral behavior with Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
    Nature doesn't care about our crybaby notions about tolerance, acceptance, openness or anything.
    Nature just is.
    And when you violate the laws of nature, you suffer.
    That's just reality; welcome back to planet earth....:drinker:

This is the absolute best post I have ever seen in the forums.
  • Mongoose7
    Options
    I think it is weird, in a gym where everyone can see. I wouldn't no where to look. And switching partners is bizzare why would you do that, especially in public
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I used to lifeguard at a YMCA in high school - I did a lot of making out and very little saving. What can I say?! Raging hormones!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I totally want a do-over on my childhood. I feel gypped.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    If they end up pregnant in a few months, then I'd be freaked out. Damn MTV makin' teen pregnancy look awesome...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I thought the YMCA was where you went for this sort of thing?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    It's a new gym workout called Tonsil Hockey.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I thought the YMCA was where you went for this sort of thing?

I just go to get clean and have a good meal.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    We did this when I was a kid...it was called "Spin the Bottle". Wouldn't do it at the Y though, ick