Name 1 odd/unique/unusual fact about yourself

Options

Replies

• Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I was kidnapped and taken to a different country for 4 years. Oprah wanted my mother on her show. True story.

WOW. =-O Glad you're ok! :frown:

Thanks.. I am.. I was kidnapped by my father and taken to Pakistan. He brought me back 4 years later after suffering a massive stroke. BTW, my mom told Oprah no. She didnt want it publicized. She had hired a company to try and kidnapp me back. Still shaking my head... can't believe my mom turned down OPRAH!!
  • lozzae85
    Options
    I have a self-inflicted tattoo from an accident in art class at school!
  • I was just diagnosed with PCOS --

So sorry to hear that! :frown:

Could be worse, right? Explains a lot of my abnormalities though!
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    i play music in my head like a juke box

I can do that too.....I was a teenager before I realized that not everyone heard music in their head all the time. :) I can think of a song I like and hear it in my head....better than an ipod lol
  • stacygayle
    Options
    [/quote]

can't believe my mom turned down OPRAH!!
    [/quote]

I probably would have if I were in her shoes too.....the kidnapping part was stressful enough without having to relive it in front of millions of people. I'm glad you got back to her alright too!
  • aqcannon
    aqcannon Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I speak/read/write 4 languages: English, Russian, Finnish, Spanish

I worked as a security guard for the Denver Broncos for 3 years.
  • I speak/read/write 4 languages: English, Russian, Finnish, Spanish

I worked as a security guard for the Denver Broncos for 3 years.

I love the Denver Broncos!
  • Thought it might be fun to see what is unique about each of you. It could be an odd, unique, or unusual fact about yourself.

I'll start.....

I'm from New York, but I do not like ANY Professional New York sports teams in Baseball, Football, Hockey, or Basketball, and I absolutely LOVE sports!!!

I am a huge Yankee fan!
  • 06gwensmamma
    Options
    I collect Garbage Pail Kids cards with my husband and our 5 year old daughter! :laugh:
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    I'm 22 and I still watch the show Arthur....a little kid's show. But I'm obsessed with it.
    My husband and I watched Arthur on our honeymoon and we were in our 30's, so don't feel bad! :happy:
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm about to be a step-grandmother and I'm only 40 and I've never had kids of my own. Weird.
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue and I can't remember people's faces unless I've seen them ALOT. I can see someone and a week later not recognize them at all. People will walk up to me in public places and say hi and I just pretend to know who they are.
    WOW! Ditto for me on both accounts!
  • sunshinegirlnm
    sunshinegirlnm Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I was kidnapped and taken to a different country for 4 years. Oprah wanted my mother on her show. True story.

Thanks.. I am.. I was kidnapped by my father and taken to Pakistan. He brought me back 4 years later after suffering a massive stroke. BTW, my mom told Oprah no. She didnt want it publicized. She had hired a company to try and kidnapp me back. Still shaking my head... can't believe my mom turned down OPRAH!!

That is an amazing story. I think you have a novel there...let me know if you need a ghost writer!
  • bonifachi
    bonifachi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I thought I was just bad at maths. I took a test and am on the spectrum for numerical dyslexia. go figure!
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm a 2nd generation minister.

Edited to add - I'm a female :)
  • stacygayle
    Options
    I'm about to be a step-grandmother and I'm only 40

I am only 38 and I now have 3 step grandkids and the sad thing is my husband is only 43, but he had a son right out of high school and two of his kids had kids right out of high school too.
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    I always think people look like other people. For example, I will say to my husband, "Doesn't that guy look a little like Clint Eastwood?" And he'll usually say, "Um....no."
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    When I was 8 I caved in to family peer pressure and overate one night in Cali, and for almost five years after that I couldn't eat very much so I appeared anorexic...sometimes I was so hungry I was "full". Whenever something, ANYTHING changed I got nervous and therefore couldn't eat. I ate everything on my school tray for the first time in seventh grade. Now I'm at the other end of the spectrum >.< (couldn't think of a better fact at the moment lol)
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

That is an amazing story. I think you have a novel there...let me know if you need a ghost writer!

I agree on the amazing story, can I pinch you as a ghost writer I was kidnapped too for a month in a foreign country. I'm glad your alright though, we have an equivalent called GMTV its like a daytime show my cousins mum was on there because he was kidnapped by his dad... seems to run in the family this kidnapping business.
  • AngelEyes127
    Options
    Thought it might be fun to see what is unique about each of you. It could be an odd, unique, or unusual fact about yourself.

I'll start.....

I'm from New York, but I do not like ANY Professional New York sports teams in Baseball, Football, Hockey, or Basketball, and I absolutely LOVE sports!!!

I am a huge Yankee fan!

I LOVE the St. Louis Cardinals (have since I was 8), Football-Oakland Raiders, Hockey-Detroit Red Wings & Philadelphia Flyers, and Basketball-none! lol