Name 1 odd/unique/unusual fact about yourself

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I can't pick just one, guys.

I can read upside down just as well as I can right side up. I've been able to do that for as long as I've been able to read. Until my first grade teacher mentioned something, I thought everyone could do it.

I have number form/spatial synaesthesia. I see numbers, time, days of the week, months, and years in very specific forms.

I remember asking my mother "why are we here?" when I was 3-years-old, at which point I got the bible talk and was very disappointed because that was not what I meant.

I have a memory of my brother falling out of a cart that I thought was from when I was 4 or 5 but I was informed it was from when I was about 2. I have several other memories from around the same time.

I do long division and multiplication in my head when I get bored.

I read magazines from back to front.

I have episodes of sleep paralysis, and they've been accompanied by hallucinations four times. I remember each and every one of those in vivid detail, because they are the four most terrifying things I have ever experience in my life, and I was once in a car that got hit by a semi-truck, so that's saying something. These are the basis for numerous reports of demonic possession throughout history. My friend actually thought I was possessed when the first one occurred. I thought I was possessed when the first one occurred, at least until I hit the library (that was back when there were still actual, physical card catalogs).

I'm (distantly) related to Hitler.

I prefer confined spaces to wide-open ones.
  • New_Atti2ude
    New_Atti2ude Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I sleep with a fan on next to me on my bed. It is very hard for me to sleep with out it.
    oth
    My boyfriend does the same thing, When I was pregnant it irked the hell out of me because I'm always cold. Now, both my kids have to sleep with a fan or they wake up crying.
  • New_Atti2ude
    New_Atti2ude Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Seventeen years ago, I was hit by a car and sustained immediately life-threatening injuries and was in a coma for weeks. Head damage, brain trauma, multiple compound fractures, etc. Wasn't supposed to survive. Wasn't supposed to come out of the coma three weeks later with an intact, functional brain. Docs were amazed at my progress, but told me I would never walk again unassisted. Today, I walk 3 to 5 miles EVERY day...because I can. I have dozens of implanted metal bits holding me together, but you'd never tell by looking at me. Aside from a slight limp, it's all just something that happened long ago and I barely remember any of it anyway. But I can tell you stories about coming out of a coma... :)

God is good!

Truly inspirational. You are blessed. I would love to hear the stories as well.

I would LOVE to hear stories about you coming out of a coma!
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I can hear dead people. Yea....it sucks.

Really? Like when you're near graves?
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    9 years ago a customer came in to work saying he was opening a piercing shop and wanted a banner. I quoted him and he pleaded poverty, so I ended up doing a deal where he paid for half the banner and despite me only having a piereced ear in the past, I traded the other half of the banner for a Prince Albert.

Oh no :| bet that hurt.
  • aahluwalia
    aahluwalia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can dislocate and relocate my shoulders like that.
  • LadyofLight08
    LadyofLight08 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    My mother bought me a Wolf pendant when I was 8 years old and I never take it off.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I can wiggle my pinkie toes ... both of them.... only them... hahahahaha :laugh: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options

I can read upside down just as well as I can right side up. I've been able to do that for as long as I've been able to read. Until my first grade teacher mentioned something, I thought everyone could do it.
    ==============================================================================

funny cuz i can do that... backwards, forwards, upside down and backwards too...
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was born with congenital hip dysplasia!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I was born awesome.... ;P

I have to sleep with the fan on... even in winter. It's just how I roll.
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of driving on the freeway. :noway: Sometimes I'll do ok and then the panic sets in again and I have to stay off them. My bf laughs at me because I always take "the scenic route". I wish I could overcome it.
  • zephyrionitis
    Options
    I draw in my sleep.