Replies

• blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I burned 1054 calories & ate 1953 (1000 calories in mindless/Valentines Day crap) but I have 402 to spare.
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So day 3 was one of those rare easy days to stay under because i run on Wednesday's and I was so busy that I had little time to eat. I was 915 calories under - I try never to be this low under. I believe it sabotages me.

So the good news.... Day 3 a success! I'm ready for day 4 but will try to eat a little closer to my calorie allowance. Good luck to everyone!

Rate on a scale of 1 - 10 how much does this challenge help you stay on target?

For me.... starting the challenge I feel responsible to a team so therefore it's not all about me and I don't want to let myself or you all down! Go team!
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    This challenge is really helping me stay focussed and accountable. It helps especially at night to stop me having something else just because it would be nice. Thank so much for doing this. Day 4 and I made it. Would have preferred to be 100 calories less and should have had less of the reduced fat cheese but all in all I had balanced meals and good exercise. Friday will be a challenge- social work function where I have less control over what is on offer. It also means missing gym. Getting up early and having a swim to make up for it.
  • PSGPolly
    Options

Rate on a scale of 1 - 10 how much does this challenge help you stay on target?

/quote]

10 for me :flowerforyou:
  • sarah2005
    sarah2005 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!!!
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    Did great yesterday ...Day 3!! I got in 4 miles at the Y as well as my Curves work out but again...Its COLDS today!!! it is interesting to me how much my energy drops in the cold!!! Never noticed before....Still..Today we shall see! :bigsmile:

(And to answer your question 10 for me!!!)
  • DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well friends, Day 4 is behind me and I was successful again! Honestly, this is the most consecutive days that I have been on target. I must say it feels GOOD! I'm also noticing that the more I stay on track, the more I want to!
  • Just_Bethy
    Options
    Day 4 for me and I have no clue. I am probably not in my goal. I have no idea what was in the lunch I ate....(Not even sure what it was for sure....we were in the middle of NO WHERE!!!!! ) Any way..back at it tomorrow.. Sorry guys :sad:
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Thanks so much again for this challenge! On a scale from 1-10 I would have to say this challenge motivates me on a 10. Not only do you feel responsible for the team but I feel responsible for my initial response to this challenge!

Now then today I burned 1126 calories & ate 1660. (well, maybe a bit more after I closed my diary-oops)
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I don't know about where you live but February is cold and miserable in Detroit, Michigan USA.
    I do not know if that is part of the problem (needing warm comfort food) but I was over my calorie goal 4 times last week and I just need a uncomplicated 7 day challenge. Simply stay the hell below my calorie goal for 7 frikkin' days. Anyone with me?

I'm in Detroit too...I'll take this winter over most of them LOL
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I found this challenge too late, but I'm going to start it today (Friday). I have been going over my calories really bad since last Friday. Time to get back on track! I'm in!
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    From a previous post........"Feel free to start any day. If you go over. Forgive yourself. Start over. We are in this for life." so welcome Tinytintin and don't be sorry Just_Bethy just give it another go today! :wink:

Well yesterday was good for me. I was under by 126 I did my first Tae Bo class which was challenging and a great calorie burner.

Today is when I get worried weekends are a B*tch for me to stay within my calories. Hopefully the run will help. I wish you healthy thoughts....keep moving, eat lots of fruits, veggies, and high quality low fat protein, and TGIF!

for those that started on Monday....3 more days to go! :happy:
  • wranglerwomen
    wranglerwomen Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    did good on calories for day 4 :)
  • DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I managed to make it through Day 5, but it had it's rocky moments. I've had a rather rough week emotionally and started to crave McDonald's. I did cave for dinner and I had a small shamrock shake, medium fries and 4 chicken mcnuggets. This put me 390 over, so I let my dinner settle and I went to the gym. I got on an elliptical for 60-minutes, went 5.60 miles and burned 515 calories. Whew! I recovered! I have to admit, that the ONLY reason why I worked so hard at the gym was so that I would be successful in this challenge!
  • PSGPolly
    Options
    Day 5 was a bust for me :blushing:
    I did try and stick to healthy veggie snacks but when I added it all up and taking into account reduced calories burned I am well over my target.
    I usually relax a bit over the week-end but will try to make up for Fridays's excess by being more watchful and active
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    Today is when I get worried weekends are a B*tch for me to stay within my calories. Hopefully the run will help. I wish you healthy thoughts....keep moving, eat lots of fruits, veggies, and high quality low fat protein, and TGIF!

The weekend is here and tonight was an epic fail. I only burned 480 & ate 1900....but he night is young.

I hope everyone else is celebrating great successes!
  • lstnlondry
    Options
    I managed to make it through Day 5, but it had it's rocky moments. I've had a rather rough week emotionally and started to crave McDonald's. I did cave for dinner and I had a small shamrock shake, medium fries and 4 chicken mcnuggets. This put me 390 over, so I let my dinner settle and I went to the gym. I got on an elliptical for 60-minutes, went 5.60 miles and burned 515 calories. Whew! I recovered! I have to admit, that the ONLY reason why I worked so hard at the gym was so that I would be successful in this challenge!

Did someone say Shamrock shake?
  • loftus2005
    Options
    I found this challenge too late, but I'm going to start it today (Friday). I have been going over my calories really bad since last Friday. Time to get back on track! I'm in!

Me too... Im starting in the morning! :happy:
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Friday today... so I'm, what, 4 days behind everyone else? But I'm all in. Just re-set my goals today and am determined to stick to the lower calories. A week seems like a good place to start!