Gas prices!!! What is yours today in your area!!!

Options

Replies

• b0mbxchelle
    Options
    $3.77 here in Sacramento, CA
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    Probably wasting my breath here, but, the reason fuel prices are steadily rising, is because it is a finite resource. Perhaps y'all should be campaigning for better public transport, rather than complaining about the fact that a really bad-for-the-environment way of extracting oil has been vetoed :huh:

Better public transport would require more money than most governments are willing to provide, and fewer people are willing to pay the extra taxes as well. However, it is the only way to get people away from the convenience of cars. Not to mention, that for anyone living out of the main cities/suburban areas needs a car. Where my parents live, there's no public transport anymore. There used to be, but it was deemed too small to require it anymore, so you have to have a car...

Besides, I don't think the prices are increasing purely because it's a finite resource, some of it is sheer greed. Here in the UK the high prices are mainly due to the fuel duty that the government sticks on top of the price...
  • swellen
    swellen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    $1.45/litre here (roughly $5.50/gallon)
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Here in the UK the high prices are mainly due to the fuel duty that the government sticks on top of the price...

They could reduce fuel duty by increasing income tax...
  • beckie4442
    Options
    £1.30 per litre in Loughborough, leicestershire, England. Which would be $2.04 a litre at your end.
    1 US Gallon(s) = 3.785412 Litre(s)
    EDIT: It costs me £70 to fill up a Peugeot 306 1.8 petrol per week. That's $109.96 to you!!!!
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    $3.65:noway: CENTRAL FLORIDA
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    $4.09 thanks to a week president.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    $1.16 per litre in Picton, Ontario Canada
  • glass2diamonds
    Options
    3.54 a gallon in Baltimore....thank god we have a diesel car and my commuter. and a motorcycle..we have not driven our trucks in a while.
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    $3.78 on my way into work this morning, in Charlotte, NC.
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Its a shame. Here in NC, we have HORRIBLE gas tax. Our politcians are bent on giving to the lazy. Seriously, 6200 kids are on a waitlist in Wake County alone to receive a 550.00 voucher to help with DAYCARE costs. No one gave me a dime when I had my kids. Don't get me started.

There is always an excuse here in NC to raise gas tax to pay for something the GOV should have no business paying for.

3.59 and we'll probably see 4 by Easter.

I'm furious our NATION relies on oil from the Middle East. SIck of this and I think we Americans should fill out tanks once and not buy for a week. Or threaten to can our relationship with OPEC.
  • BobinNC66
    Options
    I just looked up the average when he took office, $1.85/gal. 205% increase!
  • barleespringers
    Options
    Illinois = $3.78
  • BobinNC66
    Options
    Its a shame. Here in NC, we have HORRIBLE gas tax. Our politcians are bent on giving to the lazy. Seriously, 6200 kids are on a waitlist in Wake County alone to receive a 550.00 voucher to help with DAYCARE costs. No one gave me a dime when I had my kids. Don't get me started.

There is always an excuse here in NC to raise gas tax to pay for something the GOV should have no business paying for.

3.59 and we'll probably see 4 by Easter.

I'm furious our NATION relies on oil from the Middle East. SIck of this and I think we Americans should fill out tanks once and not buy for a week. Or threaten to can our relationship with OPEC.

Yes I can't believe we got yet another gas tax increase when our prices are already much higher than most of the southeast. No wonder she is not running again! That is all they know how to do, increase spending increase spending, and then want us who are tapped out already to pay for it. sickening.
  • swarcher
    swarcher Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Between $3.16-3.28 gal in canton, Ohio lowest I've seen in a long time.
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I filled up yesterday for $3.25 per gallon...(Cincinnati, OH)
  • Jessastar
    Options
    it' $4.90 over here [Illinois]
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    3.59 here in good old Massachusetts...
    The bigger issue, when are the auto makers and gas companies going to stop ripping us off. You mean to tell us with technology the way it is today they can't make a car that will get 100 miles a gallon, they can do it, but the big oil companies are paying the car companies not to do it, The same big oil companies that are paying the politicians to keep their mouths shut about the issues that face America. Time the TRUTH comes out...
  • maria1113
    maria1113 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Back here the price is about 2.17$ per liter, which makes it about 8.22$ per gallon. (1.649 eur per liter).
    And that's one of the reasons why I ride a bus to work. And changed my car to smaller one. Only drive it couple times a week.
    Northern Europe rocks. Not.
  • KMJ1686
    KMJ1686 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Gas prices are just rising everyday it seems! Here in the NY (Buffalo area) the highest I've seen is $3.85 and some other gas stations are not far from that price. Crazy ridiculous!