T.H.E. Team April 10-16 Week 10

Options

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Hi gang! Alright, get_fit, your rain has leaked over onto Salt Lake. It started earlier today and when I got home a little while ago, it was about done, but had been raining steadily most of the day. So, I was walking into the house and I glanced down at my shoe. I don't know why, it hadn't said anything, but anyway, I looked down and while looking down, I managed to bump a RAIN SOAKED branch with my head. It dumped about 40 gallons of water down my back. Ice cold water.

I hope I don't get sick. sneezeemoticon.gif

Well, I think I may go to bed. :yawn: See you all tomorrow.

Oooh, sorry about that. I guess when I was chanting, "Rain, rain go away", I didn't specify WHERE it should go....but it worked, because it is a GLORIOUS morning here. So, I'm kinda sorry, kinda not, tee hee. :laugh: But, it's just water, mind over matter, you won't get sick!!!!
  • morgolis
    morgolis Posts: 17
    Options

I was a Blackjack dealer at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe. Do not argue with one who can count to 21 real fast.
    thshameonyou.gif

*Argues with CM* (Because I can) And I can't wrap my head around the fact that I can eat more calories if I exercise at the gym. What's up with that? LOL :devil:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Kristi- I am too young to have teenagers...:laugh: I started early. I was 17 when I got pregnant with my oldest, 19 when I had my middle and 22 when I had my youngest. Im glad I got it done then tho.. more energy to deal with them now. Plus... even if they wait until they are 40's, I'll still be a young grandma. :laugh: Ouch on the branch! Here's some warm tea to warm you back up :drinker:

Renya- Welcome back!! Sorry the bed sucks... I know the feeling. I cant wait to go home tomorrow so I can sleep in my own bed. The bed here at the hotel is tiny and stiff and my back and shoulders are having a hard time dealing. Enjoy your soak in the hot tub! That should help alot with the soreness!

So I tried to post last night, but something happened with my IE and it wouldnt let me. I have more pictures to share....

We decided yesterday to head to the gulf coast side of Florida and ended up driving through the Florida Everglades. In all the times Ive been here, I had never seen a WILD alligator, so I was pretty shocked to see more than 21 of them (yep, I counted!) scattered along the canal banks within 15 miles and they are HUGE!! Probably at least 12-14' long. I whipped out my camera and tried to get a picture as we were whizzing by at 70mph... this was the best I could get. Can you see him???
    gator4_14_09.jpg

We landed in Naples, Florida, which is on the Gulf coast and decided to go for a walk on the beach. The beach there is so much different than my home beach in Oregon. Its white sand, made mostly of shells. No rocks, no debris... just long white beach and the water is light green, not brown. As we made our way out to the pier, I was greeted by a Pelican and I told him to give ya guys a little wave "hello"! I got some other cool pics of him too, but this one was for you guys.
    everglades003.jpg

Then, we walked out on the pier...
    everglades004.jpg

There were guys fishing off the pier and well, all these pelicans were out there stealing bait, stealing fish off the line. It was so funny! A guy would sit there and wait about 20 minutes to catch a fish just for the pelicans to steal it off the end of his line while he was bringing it in.
    everglades008.jpg

Then they would fly right up to you as if to say "Thanks!!"
    everglades005.jpg

We spent about 2 hours there, then grabbed dinner. We initially went to get sunset pictures, but it was so cloudy, no sunset for me. :cry: I was way happy to get the gator and pelicans tho at that point, so it wasnt a big deal. THEN....we got thunder and lightning....and OH BOY.. did we get lightning!!! It was as if mother nature KNEW that I was disappointed with not get a sunset.. so she gave me the next best thing! Brilliant flashes across the WHOLE sky! I grabbed my camera and after 20 shots of getting nothing.. I FINALLY got my first true lightning photo. (its harder than heck to get these, ya gotta be fast!)
    lightning4_14_09Naples.jpg

That is a small one too... the big ones went all the way across the sky.

We are gonna hit the gym here in a bit and go swim in the pool then later tonight we are going back to Bare Bones for dinner with our friends. We leave out of here at 6:20am tomorrow morning and get back into Portland at 11:13am. Long flight...:yawn:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hey Team, sry I havent been posting.. I have been a bit busy around the new house and the kids are on spring break and driving me crazy :noway: :laugh: LOL ... I am hoping to get back into the swing of things by Next week when the kids get back to school..

Hope all is well with everyone, I have a lot of reading to catch up to all of the posts...who is new, who is on vacation, ect ect ect.. Love the pictures Li4g... you should look into blowing the photos up into 5 X 7 or 8 X 10 and selling them... good for some extra cash!!!!

sheila
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hey Team, sry I havent been posting.. I have been a bit busy around the new house and the kids are on spring break and driving me crazy :noway: :laugh: LOL ... I am hoping to get back into the swing of things by Next week when the kids get back to school..

Hope all is well with everyone, I have a lot of reading to catch up to all of the posts...who is new, who is on vacation, ect ect ect.. Love the pictures Li4g... you should look into blowing the photos up into 5 X 7 or 8 X 10 and selling them... good for some extra cash!!!!

sheila
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Kristi-

According to Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_flush

An ace-high straight flush such as A♠ K♠ Q♠ J♠ 10♠ is known as a royal flush, and is the highest ranking standard poker hand.

royalflush.jpg

I was a Blackjack dealer at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe. Do not argue with one who can count to 21 real fast.
    thshameonyou.gif

You won't believe this but this morning, at about 4:30 (I checked the time so I could report here later) I got up to visit the facilities... Ahem.

Anyway, this random thought wandered into my head. The thought was. "Hmmm.. I wonder if the royal implies a straight?" And I was chagrined. :blushing:

So, were you a black jack dealer before you were a coal miner? Or after you were in the merchant marines? Or, wait - was it before you had that tiki hut in Jamaica? :wink:

Li4g, I can see the GATOR!! (I think.) How did you get that funky outline on your pic, and he is inside it, right? COOL PICS! All my life, when ever I have had my camera out in a storm, I have tried to get lighting pics! Good job! I couldn't even get a whale, and he was pretty slow compared to lightening! My best friend in high school started early at being a mom, and now she is the cool "young" grandma instead of the fusty old grandma. So, right on.

Get_fit, LOL. :laugh: :laugh: NExt time, be more specific. The rain is hanging on here. Harumph! :grumble: I should be grateful for it. After all, I live in the second dryest state (First place goes to you, NIta, I think) But, I would like a little sunshine. Along about July, I will be sorry I thought that!

Lulu, how did the interview go? And how is the sit up challenge going? I am struggling to get back into the exercise saddle! As I mentioned, yesterday - I put on the sweats, and picked up the weights. Several times! But, still need to do more.

Renaya, welcome back! I think the hot tub idea sounds splendid! Enjoy! And, wanning, how are things going with you? Glad you are both back. You others, get back here and check in and let us here how things are going! We miss you guys!

Take care, and I will check in later!

Oh, by the way, Sheila pmed me. She has the kids home on spring break and is trying to get settled in the new house. She reports she will check back in soon.

See ya in the movies!

Kristi
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I actually have several of my pics hanging on the walls at home from various places. Some of the ones I got yesterday will be joining them and the best ones will go up on my website once I get home. I have a site at http://cjsimages.photoreflect.com if you would like to see a few of my other things. Photography has been a big hobby of mine for several years, but the site is just from the past 2 years when I got my digital SLR. The collection is growing fast.

Kristi- the black outline I did in Paint. I figured Id better circle the gator so you wouldnt be playing "Where's Waldo" trying to find him. We were flying by at 70mph and there is huge fence that runs next to the highway so that was challenging also. Really all you can see is the back half of him... sorta... among the weeds, but it was the only one I got with a gator in it.. LOL
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Today I did day 2 of that techno walk/run thing, and was able to go for 21 mins. Then I walked at a fast pace for 21 mins and then did a 5 min cooldown. Whoo-hoo! No running tomorrow. though, this one taxed me a bit. But it was funny, how yesterday the first bout of running seemed so very very long and today it was like, it's over already? Still have to do my situps, didn't get them done yesterday. Argh.

I went way way over cals yesterday (again) because I was fine all day long and then we (hubby and I) settle in to watch "Wanted" and he's like, I need a snack, and so I go grab some Mt Hood trail mix that i'd gotten at Winco and just put some in the little kid cups and we munched and watched the movie. THEN i looked up the cals - AHHHH! It ended up being a cup of stuff at 230 cals per 1/4 cup! Told hubby to stop asking for snacks all the time, it tempts me and then I get into trouble. And no more Mt HOod Trail mix for us! Sheesh!

Oh oh the sun is shining! I need to go stand outside for the 30 seconds it will last! (I hate the PacNW in winter/spring).
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Afternoon everyone.. My boss came in super early and screwed up my whole day.. God I hate him :explode: :explode:

LI4G.. Love the pics.. I'm still jealous.. I was young too when I had my kids.. 17 with my son and 20 with my daughter.. Now I am a young grandma of 3.. When ever we are out people ask me if they are mine.. I'm like nope, I get to send them home thank god... Love em though..

CM- I am close to Tahoe.. I work in Minden, about 20 mins from Tahoe.. Love that place..

Kristi, Morning.. I missed the mornings..

Adopt4 your doing so awesome..

Everyone else.. Hello...

I was up early to get in 60 mins of cardio.. well I ended up only getting 48 mins... Stupid dogs... They got outside and were terrorizing the cat.. It snowed and ugg.. what a morning..

Well gotta work. Or pretend to work..

Anita
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    snow_falling.gif

Pain.gif
  • yari
    yari Posts: 25
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey team, sorry i haven't posted, i have been really busy, was sick on monday, had a appointment on tuesday that took all morning and had a memorial service that i attended this morning, i did all this while still managing to come to work and then run things at home, i am pooped :yawn: and haven't even been able to workout all week long..I will be getting in my 30 day shred today though!!!

Hope everyone has a great day, we'll chat later.

:heart: :heart: Yari:heart::heart: :heart:
  • nitag
    Options
    snow_falling.gif

Pain.gif

I so agree with you Kristi... We had snow yesterday and today...

I hate that stuff in the Spring time...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    I soooooo miss the great lightning storms in West Florida - it is the lightning capital of the world! We used to sit on the porch and watch it for hours. it would be so close that the hair on your body would tingle. It covers the entire sky in long fingers - I love it. The alligators. Don't miss them so much. :noway:

Here's a cool Seattle lightning pic. We don't get "thunder-boomers" very often in the NW - :ohwell:

SeattleLightning.jpg
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Anita, I have an ex-fiance who lives in Minden! He married someone else :laugh: - which is fine with me, she can have him. I go down to Tahoe every other year or so, I've been here since 1985, but if I had my druthers I would have stayed there. But MY future ex-husband lived here, and we thought it would be good to live in the same state at least. Not such a good plan as it turned out.
    hahanosmiley.gif

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kristi - lol on my vibes getting to you on your "walk-about" break last night. I always play poker in Vegas....isn't it about time to go there...?? I think it is.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

bikebabevc5.gif

I broke a 15 minute per mile average for my 4 mile run today. First time.....cheerleader3.gif YAY ME!!!!!

Jamie, I didn't use your music yet - I have a new MP3 player that I'm going to put all the running music on so I can find it easily. I listened to part of the Nicole one though - does it give you prompts? I didn't hear any, but I only listened to the fist 4 minutes of it....and I have a ZEN, not a ipod - but I don't think that should make any diff.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hi Everyone

This will be quick as I am running late but only one more night and then I am off for 10 days straight - VACATION NEXT WEEK - YEAH

I have takentwo days off exercising but watch my calories. Planning on hitting the exercising hard next week. Might even try - notice I said might - wogging. I am interested in it but haven't got up the nerve.

LI4G - thanks for sharing vacation pictures. Really enjoyed them especially the lightning storm.

Yari - have missed you - glad to see you posted.

Anita - being a young grandmother just means so many more ways to enjoy them. I wished mine lived closer especially now with me getting healthier

Kristi and Anita - I know what you meanabout the weather. Ours is at least rain but it is going to rain all weekend

hello to the rest of you or should I say good night. Talk at you tommorrow
  • indianagranny
    Options
    CM - CONGRATULATIONS ON THE RUN AVERAGING 15 MINUTES

WTG GIRL

NOW GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I broke a 15 minute per mile average for my 4 mile run today. First time.....cheerleader3.gif YAY ME!!!!!

Jamie, I didn't use your music yet - I have a new MP3 player that I'm going to put all the running music on so I can find it easily. I listened to part of the Nicole one though - does it give you prompts? I didn't hear any, but I only listened to the fist 4 minutes of it....and I have a ZEN, not a ipod - but I don't think that should make any diff.

CM Great Job on the under 15 minute mile! YEA!!!! :smile:
    The Nicole one gives you prompts and says "5,4,3,2,1,0". On the Suz on she actually talks and says "Ok its time for your next run, ready go". I think it might work on your Zen, not sure. When I downloaded both files they come through as .mp3 files.
    It finally (and do I ever mean finally) stopped raining here tonight around 8pm! I cannot wait for tomorrow,its supposed to be nice out, YEA!
    Adopt4 - Great job! Way to push yourself!
    I find it hard to catch up on the posts when I have busy days at work like today, I miss alot! Hope everyone kicked butt today in their workouts!
  • nitag
    Options
    What a small world it is CM... I love living here and can't imagine living any other place..

Indianagranny I love being a young grandma... Its quite nice being able to chase them around and do things with them.. Christopher is 5, Austin is going to be 2 in June and Cali Simone is going to be 2 in August.. Oh they are so cute.. I will have to post a pic of them...

Ok the wogger lady still cracks me up... OMG that is why I don't run.. Although my tata's are the first thing going... Oh well..

Everyone else, have a wonderful evening..
  • cmriverside
    Options
    *****morgolis, look away.....**]]***
    Ok the wogger lady still cracks me up... OMG that is why I don't run.. Although my tata's are the first thing going... Oh well..

5.gif
    DDs here, babe....I got two great fitness bras at JCPenney - $38 each. I'm looking like my girls are 20 years old! And, they don't budge, and they look like Bs.

Worth every penny for all the looks I've been gettin' from the guys. :laugh: Until I get close enough for them to figure out I'm OLD. (FYI - my profile lies.........)

Oh - Anita, new pics - where is the blond girl :angry: ??????????????????

I think I one is there that shows my hair lol..

:wink: