The Origin of your Profile Name

Options

Replies

• deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    ironically the title made me think of Muse...."The Origins of Symmetry" their best album.

Anyway deadstar and sunburn are my two favorite songs by Muse and I like that they contradict each other =]
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    lol nope. It's Moss from a British comedy called The I.T. Crowd. It's ridiculously funny :)

MOSS :D

My name comes from a talking christmas tree that used to say "Hi, my name is Jennytree" anytime you walked passed it.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    BF's last name is Lewis, and we're planning on getting married, so He calls me Mrs. Lewis. : ))
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Pssh. It's obvious. It's cuz I'm Sofa King Rad.
  • ShalisaClam
    Options
    I work for a police department in a small town, where everyone knows everyone. I use Shalisa Clam as my "pizza" name when I call in a pizza for pickup so they won't spit in it.... but I haven't ordered any pizza since I started mfp so maybe they forgot :)
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    WX stand for weather in Morse code, and chaser is pretty obvious. So put the two together and you get weather chaser, which is what I am: a meteorologist and storm chaser.
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Dis5150 - dis is for dispatcher, (which I was when I made my first email account) and 5150 means mental case in dispatch talk and that is what I felt like when I got done working a 12 hour shift answering 911 calls! I have used Dis5150 for everything since. :)
  • Yfalcon
    Options
    It's just my name Y for Yvonne and Falcon my last name.
    Falcon was already taken so Yfalcon it is :)
  • mrsbarz
    mrsbarz Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    mine is boring. i have a very long surname, which is hyphenated. i think i'd get RSI if i had to type it in everytime i wanted to go online...so i've abbreviated it. So mrsbarz it is!

14814204.png
  • bigandysrunning
    bigandysrunning Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My name is bigandysrunning. My nickname has always been Big Andy (even before I got heavy...it just took on a whole new meaning once I gained all the weight). Since every variation of Big Andy that I could think of was already claimed I decided to go with the address of my blog.

My story goes like this:
    One day I got completely fed up with my current state of horribly overweight and out of shape and decided that even if I don't do it for myself, my driving force would be to do it for my wife and my new daughter. The girls in my life are my motivation and It's been one hell of a run thus far. I'm only halfway to where I want to be, but I'm moving in the right direction and have been experiencing some good success thus far. 54 pounds down, 50 more to go...

Back to my name: So when I started this back in November of 2011, I decided in an effort to keep myself honest and on point that I'd keep a blog so I could record the good, bad, and ugly of my experiences. I honestly never expected anybody outside of my wife and possible my parents to ever read it, but it's taken off and become much more popular than I could have ever anticipated. Now it's a source of inspiration to me and it's a place where I can share my successes, failures and thoughts on everything in between.

Check it out: www.bigandysrunning.wordpress.com
  • purplerain011
    Options
    Love the song hence the name, the 011 is totally random :D
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    10...acity
    Ten... acity
    tenacity. It's been my intarwebs nickname on everything for at least 10 years. Truth be told, I saw it on the side of a bus one day and thought "good word. I have tenacity. I should use that word more often." TenaciousMe.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    nixi= slavic for sprite, mischevious fairy.
    rain= my element. pisces.

a dear friend gave me this nickname 14 years ago and I have been using it ever since. If you google it, you will only find me. When I figured that out, I tattooed the name on me.

Now it is mine for ever
  • joyfulnoise27870
    joyfulnoise27870 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    my first name is Joy and i love to sing....some of my friends started calling me "joyful noise". Joyfulnoise was already taken so I added my zipcode behind it to get joyfulnoise27870
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Mine is a boring story. It is my ebay id... I set up the account back in the 90's when I was selling off my collectible toy collection. I've used it ever since.
  • gnrduff1
    gnrduff1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    GnR = my favorite band. Duff = their original bass player. Duff = guy who made me want to play bass. Bass = one of the most significant parts of my life. 1 = well, when I first used it, GnRDuff was taken soooooo here I am. GnRDuff1 = me
  • NikohlMariee
    NikohlMariee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Mine is just my name :D nothing cool haha
  • hrvatskivegas
    Options
    The name comes from my wife is from Croatia (Hrvatska) and I grew up in Las Vegas

Preach

13298555.png
  • Julesh964
    Julesh964 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine is "Julesh" from my name and "964" is from a car registration/license plate I had a long time ago...
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Mine comes from when my husband retires, we will be moving to the Big Island of Hawaii. Until then, I have to dream about it.