a prayer for molsongirl

Options
I'm so saddened by the news this morning, she's a very good friend of mine. Anyone who knows her, knows she's a really great person, she runs her own business, and a b&b with her dh, her dh is a lawyer who works very often pro bono for people who need his assistance...These are good people!! Her dh is my brother!! They take in kids through foster care, not just 1 or 2 but sometimes whole families of 3-5 kids, even with disabilities. She fought cervical cancer two years ago, and has been in remission, won the business woman award of the year 2x's. Last night she was stabbed in the arm, and chest and head, while picking up two children from a "supervised" visit with the child's druggy parents. The parents became enraged, followed her out to the car, demanded their kid back, she tried to leave and drive away, but the father smashed in the side of her SUV, she stopped and put down the window because the kids were histerical, and she didn't get the window down a few inches when the father started stabbing her through the window, the mother opened up the door and tried to get the kids, that's when security showed up. She's in the hospital with a severe gashes to her chest, she's on a respirator, she was also stabbed in the arm, and the side of her face as well as her hands. Please, I know she can ruffle peoples feathers with her no-take it attitude but she is truly a wonderful person. If anything just pray.

Replies

• chinadolly
    Options
    I'm so saddened by the news this morning, she's a very good friend of mine. Anyone who knows her, knows she's a really great person, she runs her own business, and a b&b with her dh, her dh is a lawyer who works very often pro bono for people who need his assistance...These are good people!! Her dh is my brother!! They take in kids through foster care, not just 1 or 2 but sometimes whole families of 3-5 kids, even with disabilities. She fought cervical cancer two years ago, and has been in remission, won the business woman award of the year 2x's. Last night she was stabbed in the arm, and chest and head, while picking up two children from a "supervised" visit with the child's druggy parents. The parents became enraged, followed her out to the car, demanded their kid back, she tried to leave and drive away, but the father smashed in the side of her SUV, she stopped and put down the window because the kids were histerical, and she didn't get the window down a few inches when the father started stabbing her through the window, the mother opened up the door and tried to get the kids, that's when security showed up. She's in the hospital with a severe gashes to her chest, she's on a respirator, she was also stabbed in the arm, and the side of her face as well as her hands. Please, I know she can ruffle peoples feathers with her no-take it attitude but she is truly a wonderful person. If anything just pray.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that

I enjoy her attitude....not enuf like it here

I hope she has a full and speedy recovery

Dave
  • jhacker
    jhacker Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    What an awful thing to happen!!:frown: My prayers are with her!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :heart: prayers for her already done.

My goodness. It is hard to be the person in the middle of those situations. I dont know why the families blame the foster parents.....I have seen it too many times.

God Bless her and her family for taking these little ones in. For some families it is a God send until they can get back onto their feet, or get control of a drug/alcohol problem.

Please tell her I am praying for her quick recovery and for peace to be granted to her family members.

:heart: Jeannie
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    How horrible!! I am SO sorry to hear that!! :frown:

She is definitely in my prayers!!

:heart:
    -Tami
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I am so sad to hear this. Thank you for coming on and letting us know. I will be praying for her and her family. And for those children that had to witness this attack.
  • Rachael
    Rachael Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    She and her family are in my prayers...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    May God take care of her and watch over her.
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    :cry: Please give her best wishes. I will keep her in my prayers.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,958 Member
    Options
    Oh, :brokenheart:

May God grant her a speedy recovery and peace for all concerned. Thanks for letting her mfp "family" know.

cmr:heart:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Tell her we're thinking of her & hoping all turns out well as quickly as possible
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family :flowerforyou:
  • kath1804
    kath1804 Posts: 47
    Options
    I am so sorry to read this. My thoughts and prayers for her and the family.
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    That is aweful to hear :brokenheart: Sending my prayers out for a full recovery! Thanks for letting us know
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    hope she gets better soon sounds like there should be more people like her out there:cry:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart:

prayer on the way
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    How horrible!:cry: Prayers for her speedy recovery.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!

That is so horrible thoughts and prayers are with her. We have talked a few times on here and through messages, we are friends on here and we also don't live too far from each other here in Southern Ontario. Please let her know she is in my thoughts and prayers, she is such a wonderful person for what she does and does not deserve what she is going through. Please keep us posted on her condition.:flowerforyou:
  • amanda11475
    amanda11475 Posts: 599
    Options
    that's horrible!

my thoughts are with her, too :flowerforyou:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Makes you ask why something like that would happen to someone who is trying so hard to help these children. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with her for a fast and full recovery and only good things for her family.:brokenheart: