a prayer for molsongirl

Options

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    She knows something is not right. She is in a new enviroment and things are strange to her. Make sure you are feeding her the same dog food the same way ( same time even the same bowl might help) if she has a spacial pillow she sleeps on try bringing it to your house too, and some of her toys. try to make it feel as homey to her as you can. Try comforting the dog the best you can. This is all tramadic to her too even if she is a dog they can sence when things are not right.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have only two minutes to update, so busy today. MG is still in ICU, she had complications with a blood transfusion, a little step back, turns out there was more damage to her left lung then thought, and she keeps bleeding, she is still being assisted with her breathing, we're not too sure how long the tube will stay in. Her finger, as now is considered to be a success as far as the reattachment, but she will have limited movement of it, right now the least of her concerns. The other concern is her ability to speak when she comes off the tubes, the gash to her neck was pretty severe and it cut deep into the trach..SP?? not sure how to spell the word. The doctors are concerened about the bleeding but as of this morning, the bleeding has stopped, now they are monitoring her, if she improves they are moving her to a room this evening, right now MG is in surgery to fix her windpipe, the doctors put this off because of the damage to her chest, but now they feel it's safe enough, which hopefully will be the last surgery, she's been through too much as it is. I will try to post an update this evening, she's expected out of surgery this afternoon, all the other wounds are considered to be superficial, and some required stitches some are healing on there own. Right now, i'm fighting a terrible urge of anger, frustration and hate. Thank you to those of you who care, please don't be afraid to flood her inbox even if it's just a hi, her mac book wil be on her bed and she'll be on it in no time, I hope.

I just want to remind those who are able --- donate blood.
    Every time I donate blood, I imagine my donation goes directly to those I know in need.... my best friend's daddy who required 8 pints over a week, my coworkers daughter who had mysteriously low blood levels, MolsonGirl who was attacked while helping to protect children...
    If you are able, donate.

While progress is slow, I am glad to hear a good medical report. :flowerforyou:

China, I can only imagine the rage you are feeling. Try to channel it out as best you can. If you weren't a kickboxer before, no time like the present to pick it up. And thank you so much for keeping us updated. :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Thanks Chinadolly... I'll continue to pray for her. You have a right to be angry, let it out.

As for the dog... It's stress, and confusion that's doing it. Plus, worry and she’s scared that she’s been abandoned. I would try give her some green beans (frozen is fine) to help with the runs, and firm the poo up. You can give her people food also. I would also try (I know you might not have the time….) but boil some hamburg and rice together in water, drain, and see if she’ll eat that… Don’t forget the GB’s though!

Give her as much love and attention as you possibly can. Take her outside on walks, and praise her for EVERYTHING.

Try giving her GB (you can also try carrots, apples, oranges… just don’t do grapes or onions) as a treat also instead of dog treats….. Hopefully she’ll eat those GB’s and give you a break from the runs!

Hang in there girl. Be strong for your sis-in-law…..
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    As for the dog... It's stress, and confusion that's doing it. Plus, worry and she’s scared that she’s been abandoned. I would try give her some green beans (frozen is fine) to help with the runs, and firm the poo up. You can give her people food also. I would also try (I know you might not have the time….) but boil some hamburg and rice together in water, drain, and see if she’ll eat that… Don’t forget the GB’s though!

My best friend is pretty dog-savvy and swears by boiled chicken and rice to help ease the stomach.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options

My best friend is pretty dog-savvy and swears by boiled chicken and rice to help ease the stomach.

Yup, chx works too.... :smile: :heart:

I forgot to say to rinse the beef after you drain though.... Don't want it to be too greasy... Don't have to worry about that with chx...
  • fatstrat
    fatstrat Posts: 216
    Options
    OMG I'm both saddened and infuriated. :sad: :explode: :cry: :mad: :angry:

Here's hoping for both a quick and full recovery.

How is her family doing? Does this hurt them financially? PM me if there's going to be a collection.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
    i am so upset about this! please know we are all thinking of her and hope for a speedy recovery and justice to be served to the awful people who did this.

thank you for talking care of her puppy. all of the suggestions are great. she just need to be comforted and i think having something with MG's scent on it will help. dont worry about her not eating unless it goes beyond 5-6 days. sometimes they just need time to adjust and stress makes them not eat. happens to my puppy when she stays at one of her aunts houses when i am out of town. she doesnt eat for a couple days and gets runny poos. :sick:

looking forward to your updates! knowing what a strong and determined lady she is makes me very hopeful that she will spring back in no time. :heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    OMG I'm both saddened and infuriated. :sad: :explode: :cry: :mad: :angry:

Here's hoping for both a quick and full recovery.

How is her family doing? Does this hurt them financially? PM me if there's going to be a collection.

If there will be an account/ trust/ whatever they set up for her, please let us know.
    I know I've seen on the news in the past where you could mail in checks to the bank referencing the fund name. I'd want to contribute as well, and I'm sure others would too, both on MFP and in the local community.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Please know that MG is in my prayers! We help at a mission and see too many terrible things. It is really a crazy world! It is only by God's grace and His mercy that we can continue despite these horrible things happening. May the peace of the Risen Christ bless you, MG, and your whole family. God is never hurt or surprised by your anger...go to Him, He loves you so much.
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question, I have Lola, MG's english bulldog, she will not eat, and is growling and has the "runs" all over my apartment, I don't know what to do with her. I have her at my place because we are trying to keep her happy, and because my brother can't be home too much for her, and the kids are with mom, the older ones at school all day, I take her in...but I don't want to kill her, and now three days and she is not eating!! I'm so sad!

All of the dietary suggestions are good. Although your brother can't be home much, the dog may actually do better in her own environment. She sounds very stressed out. A bland diet of boiled chicken or hamburger and rice is good for times like this. However, sometimes they need medical help. I prefer a drug called metronidazole- or Flagyl- over something like Imodium. You can call her vet to see if she has a history of "stress colitis"- basically, diarrhea induced by stress. If she has this history, her vet may prescribe this without wanting to see her. Otherwise, if the diarrhea persists for more than another day or so, she should be seen by her vet. Your biggest concern is dehydration from the diarrhea as opposed to malnutrition from the anorexia.

Good luck! You can pm me any time if you have further questions about Lola.

aprilvet
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Thanks for updating:flowerforyou:

My best to all of you involved.....lots of prayers going MG's way.

*MFP with all the concern and kindness makes my heart smile*
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    *MFP with all the concern and kindness makes my heart smile*
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    just checkin in.. thanks for the updates.. keeping her in my prayers!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    We will continue to pray to the Lord; for the healing of MG's body, and for the support and protection of her spirit. Our prayers are with you and her family as well, everyone needs healing from such a tragic event.

Thank you for updating.

All the suggestions for Lola have been good. I wanted to add that if you can get her to eat some plain live culture yogurt it will both help with her loose stool, put good active bacteria in her digestive system, and kick her appetite back into gear. It is one of the first things I reach for when animals are under stress.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for letting us know...

What a horrible thing.. :brokenheart: :brokenheart:

my thoughts and prayers with her and her family.. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chinadolly
    Options
    Some good news, She is awake! The breathing tube stays in awhile longer, but surgery went well, and she has been in and out all evening. She doesnt know whats happened or happening to her, she is so scared you can see it, there are only tears streaming down her face. But that is a good thing, because that means she is in there again, she is still heavily medicated and doesnt stay awake for long but things are looking up. The doctor is even thinking about letting the youngest kids in to see her in the morning!! Her children are her entire world, her everything. This is good news! :smooched:
    I cannot wait to get to moms house to let them know that they are going to see mommy again, they are so very worried, and everyone here is so worried, it is very touching, sorry if i make no sense I am so tired and so happy and so want to just hug her. A few tidbits on the man who did this, beause of the minors involved his full name is not being disclosed because of the children. So far it looks like he is facing only an aggravated assault charge, but we are hoping for an attempted murder charge, but no word yet, also, harrassment, uttering death threats, child endangerment, possession of an illegal substance. The mom is facing child endangerment charges, as well as possession and aggravated assault. Theres a few other charges in there, but my brain is slow today. The next court appearance is not until May 4th, both were denied bail. Everyone, please be blessed for the people in your lives, and give your kids an extra hug tonight!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Oh, thank God! One small miracle at a time. *hugs* Thanks for the update!
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    I will be oh, so appreciative of what I have, thats for sure!

I am so glad that things are looking up! :heart:
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Some good news, She is awake! The breathing tube stays in awhile longer, but surgery went well, and she has been in and out all evening. She doesnt know whats happened or happening to her, she is so scared you can see it, there are only tears streaming down her face. But that is a good thing, because that means she is in there again, she is still heavily medicated and doesnt stay awake for long but things are looking up. The doctor is even thinking about letting the youngest kids in to see her in the morning!! Her children are her entire world, her everything. This is good news! :smooched:
    I cannot wait to get to moms house to let them know that they are going to see mommy again, they are so very worried, and everyone here is so worried, it is very touching, sorry if i make no sense I am so tired and so happy and so want to just hug her. A few tidbits on the man who did this, beause of the minors involved his full name is not being disclosed because of the children. So far it looks like he is facing only an aggravated assault charge, but we are hoping for an attempted murder charge, but no word yet, also, harrassment, uttering death threats, child endangerment, possession of an illegal substance. The mom is facing child endangerment charges, as well as possession and aggravated assault. Theres a few other charges in there, but my brain is slow today. The next court appearance is not until May 4th, both were denied bail. Everyone, please be blessed for the people in your lives, and give your kids an extra hug tonight!
    thanks for the update I'm glad she's doing well and I'm glad that ( fill in the blank) will get his day in court not only for what he's done to your friend but the trauma he's caused his own children and hers you don't forget to take care of yourself too:heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    thank you Jesus, our healer