Chris Brown- Have you forgiven him?

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    just real quick, those of you making excuses for his "MISTAKE" how many of you have had such a "MISTAKE" happen to you? And I sure as Hell don't expect anyone to answer this one, but how many of you have made the same "MISTAKE" yourself?

I'll start, I've had it happen, more than I care to admit and its in no way, shape or form funny, my fault or excusable, though can be forgiveable from the one it happened to.

Sorry that you have had to go thru that, I do hope you were able to get yourself out of the situation and are that much of a stronger person for it.

There is no excuse and I don't think that saying it was a mistake is making excuses for him. Being that it is a one time thing, at least of what we know of, then it was a moment of anger in which he made the mistake of not controlling himself and someone became a victim of that anger.

Thank you for your concern.

My main point was its not a mistake, but a crime and its not funny or excuseable, but can be forgiven for the beating and for leaving her there to die after the beating. And, we only know of that one incident of his, but is that because Rihanna is also famous? What if he's done that to no-name girl(s) and they've received no publicity, if they even went to the cops? We don't know that it hasn't happened again or not, but we did see him publicly throw a chair out of rage, i.e. lack of control....
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    For those of you who are upset at Rhianna, know that the perpetrators are most dangerous when the victims are trying to leave the relationship. The victims are often so scared that they have no where to turn. A trained professional can help a victim of DV find shelter and file a restraining order quickly, as well as go into hiding. Yes, it is often that serious.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have not forgotten. I am so happy Rihanna was able to put her life back together after that, she is at top form, absolutely love her. I still blame Bobbi Brown for Whitney Houston's downfall, she was never able to get out of the place that Bobbi took her to in my opinion.

So Bobby Brown put a gun to her head and forced her to do drugs? She made bad decisions on her own.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    First of all I just want to say that I do not condone Violence of any kind.
    Does he deserve a second chance? Yes he does, just like all of us do. He was wrong and made a mistake, he let his anger get the best of him. With that being said it is not up to me to forgive him. That's Rihanna's deal.
    Rhingo Starr also beat up his wife and we still celebrate the music he made with the Beatles. I love the Beatles, and I've bought their discs and memorabilia. That does not mean that I condone Violence or drug use for that matter. I like Usher and have bought some of his songs, that does not mean I condone infidelity. So, buying a Chris Brown CD does not mean you are pro-violence.
    Banks rob us blind everyday, but we still use them. Bush's administration went on a killing tirade in the Middle East, all in the name of "Freedom" and he was re-elected.
    In terms of Rihanna, I think she's a total hypocrite. One day she's crying about what happened and the next she's saying that chains and whips excite her. In my opinion, she is sending the wrong message. If you are against violence, then you don't say those things. S/M does not open the door for violence in the future, but if you let your man hit you in bed, he might think it's ok to do it later. I don't think it's okay in any situation. It's like boxing and UFC, your kids see it on TV, people beating each other up for a couple of bucks and to entertain the world. They see all the blood and the cheering fans and think it's ok for them to practice that at school, just because they saw it on TV.
    Again I think he was totally wrong for what he did. There is no excuse for hitting people. Whether it is a female or a male.

I'm sorry, since when S/M has to do anything with domestic violence? I know PLENTYYYYYYYYY of people into S/M and one of the best things about them is the mutual respect in and out of their privacy. So please, unless you're very familiar with S/M don't make comparisons you have no knowledge on. So calling her a hypocrite because of her inclination towards S/M makes absolutely no sense when talking about what that piece of trash did to her.

About UFC, whether the reason why those ATHLETES do what they do what they do, it is not to promote violence, and it is the parents job to be aware their kids are watching it. Let's stop blaming martial arts and movies for the lack of responsibility of the parents. Besides, those MMA fighters in the majority are people like you and me, some are even work protecting others.

In regards of Chris Brown, you are free to forgive, give second chances, I don't, and most definitely he is not a man. If he has anger issues he should try that with another man not with a woman. And about your comparisons, I didn't vote for Bush, I don't even listen to the Beatles.

Anyway, my main point is the whole violence thing, I think you got it wrong.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I have not forgotten. I am so happy Rihanna was able to put her life back together after that, she is at top form, absolutely love her. I still blame Bobbi Brown for Whitney Houston's downfall, she was never able to get out of the place that Bobbi took her to in my opinion.

So Bobby Brown put a gun to her head and forced her to do drugs? She made bad decisions on her own.

yes, she made bad decisions, no, he didn't make her do drugs. BUT that doesn't mean that he didn't leave a lasting impact on her life. Everyone deals with trauma in their own way, it's very sad that her's resulted in an OD

How she dealt with it : more or less her fault (as well as lack of proper skills to deal with that stuff)
    What happened and the impact it had on her : All Bobbi
  • Brandongood
    Options

yes, she made bad decisions, no, he didn't make her do drugs. BUT that doesn't mean that he didn't leave a lasting impact on her life. Everyone deals with trauma in their own way, it's very sad that her's resulted in an OD

How she dealt with it : more or less her fault (as well as lack of proper skills to deal with that stuff)
    What happened and the impact it had on her : All Bobbi

We will agree to disagree.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Also, a LOT of posts are about Rhianna being into S&M

Really? Most music stars don't even write their own music.

In fact, I'm almost positive she didn't write it.
  • Brandongood
    Options
    Also, a LOT of posts are about Rhianna being into S&M

Really? Most music stars don't even write their own music.

In fact, I'm almost positive she didn't write it.

Yeah I bet Jay-Z did
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Honestly, yes I mostly have. I hate that he did it, but Rihanna appears to have forgiven him (she has sent him some tweets) and he makes really good music. So yes, for the most part I have, mostly for his music.
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    Honestly, yes I mostly have. I hate that he did it, but Rihanna appears to have forgiven him (she has sent him some tweets) and he makes really good music. So yes, for the most part I have, mostly for his music.

just playing the devils advocate here, but if someone did the same thing to your sister, or friend would you forgive them "for their music?" (assuming they are a good musician or have another valuable talent)
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

UMMMMM Whitney (RIP) was a GROWN WOMAN, I respectfully disagree with blaming BB......

ps whitney i will always love you
  • Brandongood
    Options

UMMMMM Whitney (RIP) was a GROWN WOMAN, I respectfully disagree with blaming BB......

ps whitney i will always love you

Exaaaactly. I miss Whitney too! I had a huge crush on her when I was a kid
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options

I did not say that, I said she was not able to pull herself out of the Bobbi took her to and I am happy Rihanna was able to pull herself back from what Chris did to her.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    He's a great performer....but, HE IS A WOMAN BEATER. NO respect for him. Let him come my way! He'll get some of this lil' Italian woman all up in his...I'll go all reese~monkey on him!!!:explode:
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    ^So true. I wonder if a camera was played back over our lives would people forgive us for some of the things we did or said. Wait I forgot we aren't celebrities so we live perfect lives, silly me!!!

There is a difference between being imperfect (which we all are) and beating your girlfriend.

What's the difference?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options

just playing the devils advocate here, but if someone did the same thing to your sister, or friend would you forgive them "for their music?" (assuming they are a good musician or have another valuable talent)

No, probably not. But I don't know the situation between Chris Brown and Rihanna at all, so I'm impartial to it. I like his music. It's really good. But if he had beat up my sister, would I like him? Probably not because it hit close to home.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Um...I don't like either of them and I think Michael Vick should have gotten some psychological help too. The characteristics of people who are serial killers, etc is cruelty to animals. Just because VIck and Chris Brown did their time it doesn't mean I have to respect them. Respect is earned...
    I mentioned this on my facebook as he was singing at the grammy's.

<3<3<3
  • VeganInTraining
    Options

No, probably not. But I don't know the situation between Chris Brown and Rihanna at all, so I'm impartial to it. I like his music. It's really good. But if he had beat up my sister, would I like him? Probably not because it hit close to home.

Ok....just wondering :)
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    VICK paid for his crime....y'all just mad because he's getting paid and you're not hahahaha

*FACE PALM*
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Who are we to judge? Judge not lest ye be judged!