Chris Brown- Have you forgiven him?

Options
raven56706
raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
i look at it like this. Joe Schmo beats on his girl and goes to jail. Mel Gibson is a racist and makes a good movie but no one forgets.

This guy beats a girl senseless and gets probation. He then gets his career back for some good tracks and then at the grammys gets a standing ovation...

i mean tell that there is something wrong with this picture.

Replies

• KMSForLife
    Options
    No - he's an idiot.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Nope. He's a pathetic douche bag, and I'm extremely disappointed in the music industry for allowing him to continue the way he is. It's bull**** and they're basically saying, "Hey, if you make us a lot of money, we'll forgive the fact that you beat the **** out of your then girlfriend." It pisses me off.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I mentioned this on my facebook as he was singing at the grammy's.

How is he seemingly forgiven, but michael vick is still the most hated man in sports? Appearently it's OK to beat the **** out of someone that has no real defense against you, but fighting dogs is so much worse?
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Can't stand the sleaze ball...lol
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Chris Brown didn't hit me, so I'm not the one who needs to forgive him. But I didn't care about him before and I care about him even less now. I do not have a high opinion of him and it annoys me that so many people just forget the fact that he did what he did. And it's not like he hasn't had a few incidents since then to show he hasn't dealt with his underlying problem.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Apparently Rihanna has forgiven him......
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    No and I think those girls on twitter are making it worse say he could beat them anytime. Seriously?? Not okay!!
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    thats just the thing... its ridiculous... the guy beat his girl and when he is even asked about its like f off

Lawrence Taylor cheats on his wife and is accused of having sex with an underage girl. He went on Inside the NFl and answered tough questions about it... and i mean tough.... but he shows humility and stays away from alot of things because of it...

this POS shows none of it... acts like he did it and says f it.. i did...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Who's Chris Brown?

Just kidding. He was young. He made a mistake. I hope he has changed, learned and never makes the same mistake again.

I have never bullied another person and I have no respect for someone who does, but, since it's not my daughter he beat, he gets another chance. Hope he makes the best of it and becomes a better person.

A lot of people probably believe he got off easy because of his celebrity. Maybe he did; maybe he didn't, but his career definitely sufffered. Let him move on.
  • KMSForLife
    Options

How is he seemingly forgiven, but michael vick is still the most hated man in sports? Appearently it's OK to beat the **** out of someone that has no real defense against you, but fighting dogs is so much worse?

It annoys me that "we" idolize any of them. I have made it a point to make sure that my kids don't look at anyone famous as being special. They are just normal people who happen to make a lot of money.
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Um...I don't like either of them and I think Michael Vick should have gotten some psychological help too. The characteristics of people who are serial killers, etc is cruelty to animals. Just because VIck and Chris Brown did their time it doesn't mean I have to respect them. Respect is earned...

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    How is this any different than Mike Vick returning to the NFL after prison?

My take on it is... if they did the crime, and they did the time, then they should be able to recover the life they had before. Mel Gibson hasn't recovered from his transgressions for two reasons... a) he hasn't hit rock-bottom yet... b) he is a lot older than Chris Brown and Mike Vick so bouncing back is not as easy.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    never mind
  • dtucker4403
    dtucker4403 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    People who listen to his music and buy his records are making this happen. The best way to make him go away is to stop supporting his music. I won't put any money in his pocket. Personally, I think he should still be in jail.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    While I understand the psychology of being an abused woman and I don't think Rihanna deserved what happened to her (and I don't see that Brown is all that sorry about it, either), I want to make this point, since others compared this to Michael Vick:

Rihanna was an ADULT woman with a LOT of money and resources who could have left that relationship any time she wanted to (does anyone believe the day he got caught was the first time it happened?). The dogs Vick victimized were truly helpless and at his mercy, tied up, kept in cages and had no resources or anyone to help them.

Brown, while wrong on so many levels, lashed out in anger. Vick and his pals enjoyed to pain they inflicted.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Meh...if you don't like the person, don't buy his stuff. Actually don't go to his concerts since the record companies make a profit from the CD sales.

If I am going to sit in front of my TV and get mad about that, then I need to occupy my time more wisely.

...like finish all the mission in Skyrim.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Seriously why are people all up in arms over this stuff? You want to know why any one of these people get attention? Go look in the mirror. Stop talking about it. You make it sound like we should lynch mob everyone that has ever committed a crime. You question the judge that slammed the gavel down. It's done. She's over it, why can't everyone else be over it? The little girls on twitter don't know what they are talking about, and hopefully they grow up! How about we worry about the people that know what it is like to stand at the other end of an abuser?

When you see an injustice like this how about you do something productive? Go support the cause! Volunteer your time, make a donation, maybe hold an event to raise awareness. If every time I heard or seen some one complain about Michael Vick, or Chris brown they had to drop a dollar in a donation jar the domestic and animal shelters would be in a much better place!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Seriously why are people all up in arms over this stuff? You want to know why any one of these people get attention? Go look in the mirror. Stop talking about it. You make it sound like we should lynch mob everyone that has ever committed a crime. You question the judge that slammed the gavel down. It's done. She's over it, why can't everyone else be over it? The little girls on twitter don't know what they are talking about, and hopefully they grow up! How about we worry about the people that know what it is like to stand at the other end of an abuser?

When you see an injustice like this how about you do something productive? Go support the cause! Volunteer your time, make a donation, maybe hold an event to raise awareness. If every time I heard or seen some one complain about Michael Vick, or Chris brown they had to drop a dollar in a donation jar the domestic and animal shelters would be in a much better place!
    because...because just getting angry and ranting on a forum makes you feel better but not actually forcing you to expend energy.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options

I think Lip Syncing on the Grammy's is more like it.
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hell to the no!! He even tweeted to all his haters that he has the ultimate f*$ck you because he has a Grammy. He does not care about what he did, clearly.