Chris Brown- Have you forgiven him?

Options

Replies

• tamerkins2
    Options
    do you not believe people can change?
    [/quote]
    His more recent behaviour on some talk show where he threw things around and then walked out makes me think he hasn't changed all that much.
    [/quote]

^^this
  • Mommy_Sans_The_Fat
    Options
    It not up to us to forgive him. Did he hit you?

Bush's dumb *kitten* sent many to die in an unforgettable war but people still have his back.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Who's Chris Brown?

Just kidding. He was young. He made a mistake. I hope he has changed, learned and never makes the same mistake again.

I have never bullied another person and I have no respect for someone who does, but, since it's not my daughter he beat, he gets another chance. Hope he makes the best of it and becomes a better person.

A lot of people probably believe he got off easy because of his celebrity. Maybe he did; maybe he didn't, but his career definitely sufffered. Let him move on.

Beating your girlfriend to the point where she goes to the hospital isn't "mistake" it is a serious crime and should have been handled that way. A mistake is getting on the wrong bus, using salt instead of sugar, or misplacing a decimal point. BEATING your girlfriend until she needs to go to the hospital is NOT a mistake. He didn't "bully" her he BEAT her. He BEAT a woman, why should his career go on at all? Why can't we as a society see that behavior and get livid, and DO something, SHOW people that they can't BEAT THEIR GIRLFRIENDS and still be successful.

Did you know that girls were tweeting about letting him beat them during the grammy's? This acceptance is going to become a social norm that will end in increased domestic violence and more women dying at the hands of their abusive partners.

As for Rihana forgiving him, until you've been in an abusive relationship/or abused or at least studied the psychology of it, shut up.

Just because he didn't beat us doesn't mean that we have to/should forgive him. He BEAT another person, a human being. That is not okay and to just brush it off only says that women don't deserve to live life without getting beating. THAT is the message and lesson you teach when you say that.

I disagree and I am a victim of domestic violence. His celebrity status does not give you the right to judge him. Those who have the right to judge him already have. If you personally don't care for him, then don't buy his music. However, buying his music would not mean that you are condoning his behavior. It just means that you like his music. I don't think buying his music is going to mean that more women will get beaten. He has the right to make a living in any way that he can.

His celebrity status isn't why I'm judging him, it's because he beat a woman. That's it. I happen to wish we lived in a society where that meant something to other people. I wouldn't do business with a man who I knew abused people, I just wish that mattered to other people. If you, and your history, can accept and support an abusive man than fine, my history and my stances on women's rights prevent me from ever supporting him. I don't think that buying his music will get more women beaten, he beat one woman, that's all I need to know to decide that he shouldn't be *idolized* by society because all it says is that it's okay to beat women. It is sending that message, it's not the music, it's his acceptance in the entertainment industry, that is going to get more women abused at the hands of their partners.

As another posted stated, if this were any Joe Blow, you would never have known that he beat a woman. Am I to honestly believe that you run background checks on everyone you deal business with? What about your mail man? How do you know he didn't knock his wife around in the 70's? Does that mean that he is no longer fit to deliver your mail?
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Ok at the end of the day, we as a society can not pick and choose who deserves a second chance and who doesn't.

You **** up, you pay your fines/go to jail/whatever and then you try to go on with your life. These people KNOW what they did....chances are they carry that guilt around their whole lives. Did they do something stupid and horrible? Sure. Does that mean they should suffer their entire life over it and not have careers and families and move on? No.

If anything, get mad that there aren't tougher laws and punishments for these crimes and write to your government.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I think she learnt her lesson right? don't touch his phone....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

If anything, get mad that there aren't tougher laws and punishments for these crimes and write to your government.

^^^^This times a thousand!!
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I cant get over all of the ladies taking up for him. We should box.
  • Sexynvoluptuous
    Options
    It is a big uproar about Chris Brown and being forgiven. Hell the dumb a** former governor of Mississippi pardoned murderers, and drunk drivers who killed innocent people. Talk about forgiving. Rhianna is still alive. Chris Brown can't be forgiven but, a system can free those who took lives. Some of us have our priority in the wrong place.

Are you freakin' serious? No one on here condoned the governor of Mississippi for his actions. This thread is about Chris Brown - you want to talk about ALL that is wrong in the world then open a new thread.

First of all, I don't have to open another thread. I made a point that some of you are not forgiving Chris Brown for his crime but, people are being pardon for worse things. The governor stated that crime of passion is not as serious. I think proiorities are in the wrong place. If you can compare Vick to Chris, sure as hell can compare releasing hard criminals to not forgiving Chris Brown. Now maybe you can leave the thread if you don't like my post. How about that?

open a new thread for what? that was ridiculous... ignore her comment
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I could really care less, his music is good and the boy can dance. People spend way too much time being involved in celeb's personal life. If you didn't know that he beat her up, no one would have an issue with him, unless you just really didnt like his music. So maybe people people should stop caring so much about people they will never have to deal with in real life anyway and focus on the reason he was/is famous in the first place and that is music. If you don't like his music then dont listen to it. I do think the girls on twitter are just ridiculous but that is their own issues.
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    It not up to us to forgive him. Did he hit you?

Bush's dumb *kitten* sent many to die in an unforgettable war but people still have his back.

agreed
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I dont care if its not my place to judge or forgive him. He beat up a girl, which in my opinion is right up there with abusing a child. I think he needs his *kitten* beat. Plain and simple. A good trip to the woodshed might be the best thing for him. If Rihanna was my daughter, he would still be tasting the leather from my boot that went up his *kitten*! Sorry if that offends anyone, I'm not very PC nor will I ever be.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    If you didn't know that he beat her up, no one would have an issue with him

But we do. That's what the topic is about......seeing how we know he beat up a woman, are we over it.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    It is a big uproar about Chris Brown and being forgiven. Hell the dumb a** former governor of Mississippi pardoned murderers, and drunk drivers who killed innocent people. Talk about forgiving. Rhianna is still alive. Chris Brown can't be forgiven but, a system can free those who took lives. Some of us have our priority in the wrong place.

Are you freakin' serious? No one on here condoned the governor of Mississippi for his actions. This thread is about Chris Brown - you want to talk about ALL that is wrong in the world then open a new thread.

First of all, I don't have to open another thread. I made a point that some of you are not forgiving Chris Brown for his crime but, people are being pardon for worse things. The governor stated that crime of passion is not as serious. I think proiorities are in the wrong place. If you can compare Vick to Chris, sure as hell can compare releasing hard criminals to not forgiving Chris Brown. Now maybe you can leave the thread if you don't like my post. How about that?

Did you say something?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Who's Chris Brown?

Just kidding. He was young. He made a mistake. I hope he has changed, learned and never makes the same mistake again.

I have never bullied another person and I have no respect for someone who does, but, since it's not my daughter he beat, he gets another chance. Hope he makes the best of it and becomes a better person.

A lot of people probably believe he got off easy because of his celebrity. Maybe he did; maybe he didn't, but his career definitely sufffered. Let him move on.

Beating your girlfriend to the point where she goes to the hospital isn't "mistake" it is a serious crime and should have been handled that way. A mistake is getting on the wrong bus, using salt instead of sugar, or misplacing a decimal point. BEATING your girlfriend until she needs to go to the hospital is NOT a mistake. He didn't "bully" her he BEAT her. He BEAT a woman, why should his career go on at all? Why can't we as a society see that behavior and get livid, and DO something, SHOW people that they can't BEAT THEIR GIRLFRIENDS and still be successful.

Did you know that girls were tweeting about letting him beat them during the grammy's? This acceptance is going to become a social norm that will end in increased domestic violence and more women dying at the hands of their abusive partners.

As for Rihana forgiving him, until you've been in an abusive relationship/or abused or at least studied the psychology of it, shut up.

Just because he didn't beat us doesn't mean that we have to/should forgive him. He BEAT another person, a human being. That is not okay and to just brush it off only says that women don't deserve to live life without getting beating. THAT is the message and lesson you teach when you say that.

I disagree and I am a victim of domestic violence. His celebrity status does not give you the right to judge him. Those who have the right to judge him already have. If you personally don't care for him, then don't buy his music. However, buying his music would not mean that you are condoning his behavior. It just means that you like his music. I don't think buying his music is going to mean that more women will get beaten. He has the right to make a living in any way that he can.

His celebrity status isn't why I'm judging him, it's because he beat a woman. That's it. I happen to wish we lived in a society where that meant something to other people. I wouldn't do business with a man who I knew abused people, I just wish that mattered to other people. If you, and your history, can accept and support an abusive man than fine, my history and my stances on women's rights prevent me from ever supporting him. I don't think that buying his music will get more women beaten, he beat one woman, that's all I need to know to decide that he shouldn't be *idolized* by society because all it says is that it's okay to beat women. It is sending that message, it's not the music, it's his acceptance in the entertainment industry, that is going to get more women abused at the hands of their partners.

As another posted stated, if this were any Joe Blow, you would never have known that he beat a woman. Am I to honestly believe that you run background checks on everyone you deal business with? What about your mail man? How do you know he didn't knock his wife around in the 70's? Does that mean that he is no longer fit to deliver your mail?

I'm not paying him money. If you read what I said, "I wouldn't do business with a man who I knew abused people" I know that I can't possibly know who has beaten their partners, but I know Brown has and so he's not getting my business, respect, or support in any way, shape, or form.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Who's Chris Brown?

But we do know. And when we know something then we can have an opinion about the behaviour.
    For those of who who say "he didn't beat me so it doesn't matter to me" really? As far as you're concerned then you'd be fine with all child abusers, rapists, etc being free and unpunished as long as they didn't violate you?
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I forgive and believe everyone deserves second chances, and deserves help for whatever problem they have, whether they get the help in or out of jail (if it's severe enough)

What I don't forgive is his awful lip singing, that's not talent.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I could really care less, his music is good and the boy can dance. People spend way too much time being involved in celeb's personal life. If you didn't know that he beat her up, no one would have an issue with him, unless you just really didnt like his music. So maybe people people should stop caring so much about people they will never have to deal with in real life anyway and focus on the reason he was/is famous in the first place and that is music. If you don't like his music then dont listen to it. I do think the girls on twitter are just ridiculous but that is their own issues.
    I knew of a catholic priest who could give a wonderful, meaningful sermon.
    And tell a joke? He was one funny guy. Kept us laughing.
    Very talented....
    And once you get past the fact that he molested 4 boys, it's no big deal.....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Who's Chris Brown?

I'm not paying him money. If you read what I said, "I wouldn't do business with a man who I knew abused people" I know that I can't possibly know who has beaten their partners, but I know Brown has and so he's not getting my business, respect, or support in any way, shape, or form.

And if you read my previous post, I said that you are entitled to do that, but those who choose to buy his music aren't condoning violence against women either just because they like the music he makes.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I love Mel Gibson and I never cared about Chris Brown one way or the other.
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    so are we saying that chris brown does not deserve another chance??

if so why do you personally feel so strongly this way???

murders and child abusers serve there punishments and are let back into society to go back to their lives so why cant chris brown???