Chris Brown- Have you forgiven him?

Options

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    rhianna has recently been seen dating a few players from the New York Mets. She says she feels safe around them, because they can't hit anything.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I think it is because he is young and you are expected to make mistakes in your youth. Those other guys are older and should know better.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Who's Chris Brown?

Just kidding. He was young. He made a mistake. I hope he has changed, learned and never makes the same mistake again.

I have never bullied another person and I have no respect for someone who does, but, since it's not my daughter he beat, he gets another chance. Hope he makes the best of it and becomes a better person.

A lot of people probably believe he got off easy because of his celebrity. Maybe he did; maybe he didn't, but his career definitely sufffered. Let him move on.

Beating your girlfriend to the point where she goes to the hospital isn't "mistake" it is a serious crime and should have been handled that way. A mistake is getting on the wrong bus, using salt instead of sugar, or misplacing a decimal point. BEATING your girlfriend until she needs to go to the hospital is NOT a mistake. He didn't "bully" her he BEAT her. He BEAT a woman, why should his career go on at all? Why can't we as a society see that behavior and get livid, and DO something, SHOW people that they can't BEAT THEIR GIRLFRIENDS and still be successful.

Did you know that girls were tweeting about letting him beat them during the grammy's? This acceptance is going to become a social norm that will end in increased domestic violence and more women dying at the hands of their abusive partners.

As for Rihana forgiving him, until you've been in an abusive relationship/or abused or at least studied the psychology of it, shut up.

Just because he didn't beat us doesn't mean that we have to/should forgive him. He BEAT another person, a human being. That is not okay and to just brush it off only says that women don't deserve to live life without getting beating. THAT is the message and lesson you teach when you say that.

I disagree and I am a victim of domestic violence. His celebrity status does not give you the right to judge him. Those who have the right to judge him already have. If you personally don't care for him, then don't buy his music. However, buying his music would not mean that you are condoning his behavior. It just means that you like his music. I don't think buying his music is going to mean that more women will get beaten. He has the right to make a living in any way that he can.

His celebrity status isn't why I'm judging him, it's because he beat a woman. That's it. I happen to wish we lived in a society where that meant something to other people. I wouldn't do business with a man who I knew abused people, I just wish that mattered to other people. If you, and your history, can accept and support an abusive man than fine, my history and my stances on women's rights prevent me from ever supporting him. I don't think that buying his music will get more women beaten, he beat one woman, that's all I need to know to decide that he shouldn't be *idolized* by society because all it says is that it's okay to beat women. It is sending that message, it's not the music, it's his acceptance in the entertainment industry, that is going to get more women abused at the hands of their partners.

As another posted stated, if this were any Joe Blow, you would never have known that he beat a woman. Am I to honestly believe that you run background checks on everyone you deal business with? What about your mail man? How do you know he didn't knock his wife around in the 70's? Does that mean that he is no longer fit to deliver your mail?

I'm not paying him money. If you read what I said, "I wouldn't do business with a man who I knew abused people" I know that I can't possibly know who has beaten their partners, but I know Brown has and so he's not getting my business, respect, or support in any way, shape, or form.

And if you read my previous post, I said that you are entitled to do that, but those who choose to buy his music aren't condoning violence against women either just because they like the music he makes.
    IMO when you support an artist you support his image. Apparently Hitler was an artist among other things. No matter how good his art was I would never buy it as to buy it supports the artist. Used to love Woody Allen movies until he married his stepdaughter; now can't stand to listen to or watch him or his movies Same as Roman Polanski. I'll never watch a film he makes b/c that's putting money in his pocket. But that's just me.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options

if you don't like my opinion don't read it and move around buddy.

But.... we don't know if we like your opinion until we read it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    And if you read my previous post, I said that you are entitled to do that, but those who choose to buy his music aren't condoning violence against women either just because they like the music he makes.

That's where we disagree.

Well his songs aren't about beating women so I really don't see how you make that connection. In the end, it is just about the fact that he is a celebrity and his life was televised for you to see. So now you know that he did something horrible, and that means that he should never be allowed to use his talents again.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    rhianna has recently been seen dating a few players from the New York Mets. She says she feels safe around them, because they can't hit anything.

:laugh:
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Nope. He should've gone to jail.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Snort. You bad. :laugh:
  • Stephaniededeyan
    Stephaniededeyan Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hate what he did sooo much! And i wish i could boycott his music, i don't buy it but i can't help but bob my head when it's on, ashamed of myself!!!! And here's a link that might depress some of you...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/horrible-reactions-to-chris-brown-at-the-grammys
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I think it is because he is young and you are expected to make mistakes in your youth. Those other guys are older and should know better.

So as long as your 'young', it's ok? What is the cut-off age?
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    if it was the other way round and rhianna had beat chris brown up...... would you all feel as strong??

i guess a lot of people wouldnt.
    No abuse is abuse. If she did that to him I would feel the same. She didnt do it, he did.

Kudos! This!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Personal opinion. I am not impressed. He is very talented, but I can't watch him with out being a bit disgusted.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    It is a big uproar about Chris Brown and being forgiven. Hell the dumb a** former governor of Mississippi pardoned murderers, and drunk drivers who killed innocent people. Talk about forgiving. Rhianna is still alive. Chris Brown can't be forgiven but, a system can free those who took lives. Some of us have our priority in the wrong place.

Are you freakin' serious? No one on here condoned the governor of Mississippi for his actions. This thread is about Chris Brown - you want to talk about ALL that is wrong in the world then open a new thread.

First of all, I don't have to open another thread. I made a point that some of you are not forgiving Chris Brown for his crime but, people are being pardon for worse things. The governor stated that crime of passion is not as serious. I think proiorities are in the wrong place. If you can compare Vick to Chris, sure as hell can compare releasing hard criminals to not forgiving Chris Brown. Now maybe you can leave the thread if you don't like my post. How about that?

Did you say something?

kstrawn78! Obviously, I did say something. You click through the post to find my reply. By the way, I did say something about the governor release of prisoners. I am a Mississippian and I stand proud with the families of the victims and I support the AG fight to have these pardons overturned. Action! :smile:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Incredibly bad joke... :laugh: but I laughed :embarassed: .
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Ok at the end of the day, we as a society can not pick and choose who deserves a second chance and who doesn't.

You **** up, you pay your fines/go to jail/whatever and then you try to go on with your life. These people KNOW what they did....chances are they carry that guilt around their whole lives. Did they do something stupid and horrible? Sure. Does that mean they should suffer their entire life over it and not have careers and families and move on? No.

If anything, get mad that there aren't tougher laws and punishments for these crimes and write to your government.

I don't really know if he paid for his crime.
    I also have no idea if he knows what he did was wrong, or that he will never do it again.
    What's sad is that no, he won't suffer his entire life for it, but the victims usually do.

I wonder what peple would think if that was their mother, sister, or daughter that this happened to.

I think this was an opportunity for someone to stand up, someone to say that domestic violence will not be tolerated. I would have liked to see a record company tell him that they won't work with him anymore, I would have liked one of his endorsements to no longer back him, etc. It's wrong, but young people do look to celebrities as role models, and it would have been nice if they saw him suffer some consequence.

Most, if not all, employers require you to complete a criminal history. I know that where I work we would not hire anyone who was found guilty of domestic violence among many other crimes including drunk driving or drug charges.

This makes me think of Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston, their deaths were tragic because they were preventable! Why are they being idolized? I don't feel sorry for them at all, they did it to themselves. My heart breaks for their families though, because there is no reason for them not have their loved ones with them still.

I just think it's time for people to stop being so damn wishy-washy, stand up for what you believe in. It just takes one person, one person to say it's wrong, and one person to hear the message.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I haven't forgiven him...not one bit.
    I'm also a little concerned about the message Rhiana (sp?) has been sending. Allegedly they're dating again, and then she had that S&M song where she said "chains and whips excite me" ......I worry what our teen girls are thinking about this and abuse....
    I think if our kids are getting all of their info from songs and celebs there is a bigger issue at hand. We need to be proactive and educate our kids on what is right and what is wrong. When she has a kid she'll do that for her kid but I don't expect her to do for mine.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    so are we saying that chris brown does not deserve another chance??

if so why do you personally feel so strongly this way???

murders and child abusers serve there punishments and are let back into society to go back to their lives so why cant chris brown???

Like I said earlier, I've seen first hand domestic abuse to my mother. I do not condone it in any sense.

Also, I do not believe murders and child abusers should be let back in the general public. I believe if they are, then who ever wants to or was the victim of these crimes be more than allowed to beat the living *kitten* out of them. Plain and simple.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    ^So true. I wonder if a camera was played back over our lives would people forgive us for some of the things we did or said. Wait I forgot we aren't celebrities so we live perfect lives, silly me!!!

There is a difference between being imperfect (which we all are) and beating your girlfriend.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    It has nothing to do with him personally. He is a talented kid. None of us were there to witness what happened between him and Rhiana..... So how do we know it was not one of Hollywoods attention getting schemes...I think that if he would have really done something that JayZ would have ended his career. Oh yes and the head of the Music mafia could have pulled that off. Also, She makes a video on how she likes things rough not long after this mess happened...Things that make you go hmmmmmm?

I tried to make this point earlier but a couple of rude posters turned my statement into an immature joke. I agree, we were not there, hitting a woman is never right but hollywood has it's ways of getting out attention with scandles. If he did it shame on him aplologize and don't do it again.
    Really???? did you guys not see the pics of her? You make it sound like it was a big consperisy. And so what she made and s/m song. If she like sort of thing ok but that is different from getting abused like that. Abusers can rot for all I care

yep I saw the pics, they were horrible no woman deserves to go through it, but I WAS NOT THERE and knowing the media things like to be twisted a whole lot. In the end I am not God i cannot hate or judge him and according to the bible that I believe in we need to forgive our brothers so God can forgive us. Chris if he did it was Wrong wrong wrong, but obviously she forgave him if they have been recently spotted at restaurants together. IN the end he makes good music that people like. point blank.com! if you don't like my opinion don't read it and move around buddy.
    and if you dont like mine you can too. Have you ever been abused? There is no if he did it. I think your just a fan trying to defend him.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Nevermind...damn