Chris Brown- Have you forgiven him?

Options

Replies

• mmgomez28
    mmgomez28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    First of all I just want to say that I do not condone Violence of any kind.
    Does he deserve a second chance? Yes he does, just like all of us do. He was wrong and made a mistake, he let his anger get the best of him. With that being said it is not up to me to forgive him. That's Rihanna's deal.
    Rhingo Starr also beat up his wife and we still celebrate the music he made with the Beatles. I love the Beatles, and I've bought their discs and memorabilia. That does not mean that I condone Violence or drug use for that matter. I like Usher and have bought some of his songs, that does not mean I condone infidelity. So, buying a Chris Brown CD does not mean you are pro-violence.
    Banks rob us blind everyday, but we still use them. Bush's administration went on a killing tirade in the Middle East, all in the name of "Freedom" and he was re-elected.
    In terms of Rihanna, I think she's a total hypocrite. One day she's crying about what happened and the next she's saying that chains and whips excite her. In my opinion, she is sending the wrong message. If you are against violence, then you don't say those things. S/M does not open the door for violence in the future, but if you let your man hit you in bed, he might think it's ok to do it later. I don't think it's okay in any situation. It's like boxing and UFC, your kids see it on TV, people beating each other up for a couple of bucks and to entertain the world. They see all the blood and the cheering fans and think it's ok for them to practice that at school, just because they saw it on TV.
    Again I think he was totally wrong for what he did. There is no excuse for hitting people. Whether it is a female or a male.

Did you just compare Chris Brown beating the crap out of Rihanna to UFC?

No I did not! Two different paragraphs. One has nothing to do with the other. What I was referring to was: In my opinion, she is sending the wrong message. If you are against violence, then you don't say those things. S/M does not open the door for violence in the future, but if you let your man hit you in bed, he might think it's ok to do it later. I don't think it's okay in any situation. It's like boxing and UFC, your kids see it on TV, people beating each other up for a couple of bucks and to entertain the world. They see all the blood and the cheering fans and think it's ok for them to practice that at school, just because they saw it on TV.
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Never cared about him, and I care even less after beating up a woman. To me the male who puts a hand on a woman in any form of abusive or aggressive way is trash and doesn't deserve any kind of respect.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Who gives a crap about Chris Brown or that smutty,smash face Rihanna. The real world has real world problems!

news flash: domestic violence is a "real world problem"

News flash: Rihanna and Chris Brown could care less about you or your personal life. Get a clue!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I honestly could care less....
    A little bit of this, but I guess maybe I care a little, because I was secretely hoping he'd trip and fall off those steps at the Grammys. I can't say I'd be a fan of his music even if he was a great guy (just not my thing), but its hard to have any respect for a guy who hits a woman.

For the record, I bought my pit bull a Michael Vick chew-toy too! They're all idiots, and its sad that people idolize "famous" people who have no character!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I really could give a Faerie *kitten*...
    I do not know this person, nor do I know Rianna.... they have no impact on my life what so ever, there are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of women that are beaten every day by someone, maybe even someone you share this earth with....do you know about it? Probably not....does it effect your life? no.....
    If you are in that situation..then it impacts your life more than anyone will ever know.....then you can choose if you forgive or not....but total strangers that I will never know....there is nothing to forgive

My stance is, this set the idea into many people's lives that IT'S OKAY. Like a strong woman posted before about her ex husband, why is it that he was able to go right back there, make more money, keep his job and such and it was okay?

I really do not think this one instance set an idea in others lives....this kind of abuse has been happening since humans began....I really do not think someone as small as Chris Brown set the standards for abusers everywhere....I myself have been in a very abusive relationship....did the guy get fired from his job? No....did his employer care that he was this way? No...once he got another job, did they ask him if he was an abuser? No.....Did his mother disown him, did his friends cut ties with him, did society condemn him to a life of solitude so that he would one day be remorseful? No....Life went on, and I finally chose to move on as well....
    Just because this guy is in the public eye, and the girl he abused is in the public eye, does not mean he will be treated any different than any other abuser....humans look the other way for the most part....and I really have not read many of the other post, but I just know that he is being treated no different than any other abuser that has walked this earth.....
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. This isn't locked yet?
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I really could give a Faerie *kitten*...
    I do not know this person, nor do I know Rianna.... they have no impact on my life what so ever, there are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of women that are beaten every day by someone, maybe even someone you share this earth with....do you know about it? Probably not....does it effect your life? no.....
    If you are in that situation..then it impacts your life more than anyone will ever know.....then you can choose if you forgive or not....but total strangers that I will never know....there is nothing to forgive

My stance is, this set the idea into many people's lives that IT'S OKAY. Like a strong woman posted before about her ex husband, why is it that he was able to go right back there, make more money, keep his job and such and it was okay?

I really do not think this one instance set an idea in others lives....this kind of abuse has been happening since humans began....I really do not think someone as small as Chris Brown set the standards for abusers everywhere....I myself have been in a very abusive relationship....did the guy get fired from his job? No....did his employer care that he was this way? No...once he got another job, did they ask him if he was an abuser? No.....Did his mother disown him, did his friends cut ties with him, did society condemn him to a life of solitude so that he would one day be remorseful? No....Life went on, and I finally chose to move on as well....
    Just because this guy is in the public eye, and the girl he abused is in the public eye, does not mean he will be treated any different than any other abuser....humans look the other way for the most part....and I really have not read many of the other post, but I just know that he is being treated no different than any other abuser that has walked this earth.....

Hey fae. I bighugepuffyheart you!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Forgive him? What did he do to me? He didn't beat me! If he was Chris Brown from around theway, we would have never heard about the case. He probably would have gone to jail for a night or two and the woman would probably have posted his bail. It was a big deal because he was Chris Brown the entertainer. Obviously, Rhianna has forgiven him or moved on. If you don't like the man, don't buy his music.

Exactly, Amen sista!

^This^^^^

Back this 100%. Worry about more important people. Like people you actually know!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Removed because it is ridiculous
    Here is was brown did. Yeah looks like a real mistake....
    Dude...seriously get a life.

So, HE'S the one you tell to get a life for showing the immensity of the situation that so many are making light of and blaming HER for? Really?!? Wow.... Here, you might need this. :heart:
    First...common sense will tell you that a pic like that will get this thread either locked or disappeared. Second, that was obviously post for shock value. Third, I post because it it threads like these that tell people HOW they should feel about a subject crack me up. if he thinks posting that picture will change ONE mind, well he can go hunting for snipes and unicorns next.

then, how about instead of the one who posted the pic, how about you make your comment to the OP, instead?
    I addressed the OP also.
  • zebraspots2069
    zebraspots2069 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    How is this any different than Mike Vick returning to the NFL after prison?

My take on it is... if they did the crime, and they did the time, then they should be able to recover the life they had before. Mel Gibson hasn't recovered from his transgressions for two reasons... a) he hasn't hit rock-bottom yet... b) he is a lot older than Chris Brown and Mike Vick so bouncing back is not as easy.

I agree, people make bad decisions in life, you hopefully learn from them (both sides) and should be able to move on....AND there are TWO sides to every story.....have you even taken the time to listen to his? or just go on what the MEDIA has put out there?
    Probation, jail time or fines...either way he has paid his debt
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    just real quick, those of you making excuses for his "MISTAKE" how many of you have had such a "MISTAKE" happen to you? And I sure as Hell don't expect anyone to answer this one, but how many of you have made the same "MISTAKE" yourself?

I'll start, I've had it happen, more than I care to admit and its in no way, shape or form funny, my fault or excusable, though can be forgiveable from the one it happened to.

Sorry that you have had to go thru that, I do hope you were able to get yourself out of the situation and are that much of a stronger person for it.

There is no excuse and I don't think that saying it was a mistake is making excuses for him. Being that it is a one time thing, at least of what we know of, then it was a moment of anger in which he made the mistake of not controlling himself and someone became a victim of that anger.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    :explode: Hell no! hes a woman beater no matter how great he sings! He is an *kitten* :angry:
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I can't say that it affected me much since I didn't care for him to begin with.

However, I will say that when I turn on the TV and he's on, all I can see is a person that beats women.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Who gives a crap about Chris Brown or that smutty,smash face Rihanna. The real world has real world problems!

news flash: domestic violence is a "real world problem"

News flash: Rihanna and Chris Brown could care less about you or your personal life. Get a clue!!!

I never claimed that they did care, I'm just saying that domestic violence is a real world problem and it's not something to be taken lightly. I don't care that it was a celebrity, I care that people are acting like it's not a big deal. Abuse is wong. Period! The way that Chris Brown is able to continue with his life as if nothing every happened is not giving the proper message that this stuff is unacceptible no matter how you are!
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I have worked with both the victims of DV and the perpetrators. Luckily, Rhianna was able to get out of this relationship with the help of her family and friends. She has moved on and is no longer in the abusive relationship. If Chris Brown took his 52 week mandated classes, I hope he has learned that he cannot control another person.

Beyond that, I hope that national cases like this bring the attention to this ongoing problem in our country. For women, know that there are free counseling centers out there that can provide you with the support you need to get out of an abusive relationship.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    He's a douche but she's an idiot for having stayed after the first time it happened. That's my thought in all this.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Forgive him for what? He did do anything to me. Who needs to forgive him is Rhianna and if somebody ever did that to me I would forgive them but I will never take them back and I will never forget.
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    I have not forgotten. I am so happy Rihanna was able to put her life back together after that, she is at top form, absolutely love her. I still blame Bobbi Brown for Whitney Houston's downfall, she was never able to get out of the place that Bobbi took her to in my opinion.
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    Chris Brown doesnt deserve the fame he has
    but its hypercritical for me to judge him as Im a huge fan of eminem who has had his own problems in the past as have many other famous people
  • Sexynvoluptuous
    Options
    It has nothing to do with him personally. He is a talented kid. None of us were there to witness what happened between him and Rhiana..... So how do we know it was not one of Hollywoods attention getting schemes...I think that if he would have really done something that JayZ would have ended his career. Oh yes and the head of the Music mafia could have pulled that off. Also, She makes a video on how she likes things rough not long after this mess happened...Things that make you go hmmmmmm?

I tried to make this point earlier but a couple of rude posters turned my statement into an immature joke. I agree, we were not there, hitting a woman is never right but hollywood has it's ways of getting out attention with scandles. If he did it shame on him aplologize and don't do it again.
    Really???? did you guys not see the pics of her? You make it sound like it was a big consperisy. And so what she made and s/m song. If she like sort of thing ok but that is different from getting abused like that. Abusers can rot for all I care

yep I saw the pics, they were horrible no woman deserves to go through it, but I WAS NOT THERE and knowing the media things like to be twisted a whole lot. In the end I am not God i cannot hate or judge him and according to the bible that I believe in we need to forgive our brothers so God can forgive us. Chris if he did it was Wrong wrong wrong, but obviously she forgave him if they have been recently spotted at restaurants together. IN the end he makes good music that people like. point blank.com! if you don't like my opinion don't read it and move around buddy.
    and if you dont like mine you can too. Have you ever been abused? There is no if he did it. I think your just a fan trying to defend him.

A fan, not really I don't listen to that kind of music but I know he has talent, Abuse, lots of us have been abused. it's tragic but at the end of the day you forgive and don't forget and live your own life.