Chris Brown- Have you forgiven him?

Options

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    First of all I just want to say that I do not condone Violence of any kind.
    Does he deserve a second chance? Yes he does, just like all of us do. He was wrong and made a mistake, he let his anger get the best of him. With that being said it is not up to me to forgive him. That's Rihanna's deal.
    Rhingo Starr also beat up his wife and we still celebrate the music he made with the Beatles. I love the Beatles, and I've bought their discs and memorabilia. That does not mean that I condone Violence or drug use for that matter. I like Usher and have bought some of his songs, that does not mean I condone infidelity. So, buying a Chris Brown CD does not mean you are pro-violence.
    Banks rob us blind everyday, but we still use them. Bush's administration went on a killing tirade in the Middle East, all in the name of "Freedom" and he was re-elected.
    In terms of Rihanna, I think she's a total hypocrite. One day she's crying about what happened and the next she's saying that chains and whips excite her. In my opinion, she is sending the wrong message. If you are against violence, then you don't say those things. S/M does not open the door for violence in the future, but if you let your man hit you in bed, he might think it's ok to do it later. I don't think it's okay in any situation. It's like boxing and UFC, your kids see it on TV, people beating each other up for a couple of bucks and to entertain the world. They see all the blood and the cheering fans and think it's ok for them to practice that at school, just because they saw it on TV.
    Again I think he was totally wrong for what he did. There is no excuse for hitting people. Whether it is a female or a male.

I'm not going to nit pik your post, but there is one thing that caught my attention. You talking about the "but if you let your man hit you in bed, he might think it's ok to do it later." My fiancé and I are rough, but he sure as *kitten* knows that is in the bedroom, there is no way in HELL my fiancé would lay a hand on me. Only a twisted person would think they could transfer a little roughness in the bedroom to beating the *kitten* out of their girlfriend somewhere else and think it's okay.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm amazed at all the "I'm not here to judge" talk! Especially from women! Is the word 'forgiven" the wrong word, maybe? For crying out loud, he beat the *kitten* out of his girlfriend (yes, we know he did it, come on, don't give me that crap ....) then he gets a standing ovation at the Grammy's. Isn't there something just off about that?

But you're right: I guess I better not judge either. Because if he had done that to MY daughter I would go beat the *kitten* out of him myself. :explode: So you won't judge me when I do, right? wtf.... stumbling away in confusion.....
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Rhianna liking it a little rough when she's fu*&ing has absolutely NOTHING to do with being beat up.

THANK YOU!
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    And if you read my previous post, I said that you are entitled to do that, but those who choose to buy his music aren't condoning violence against women either just because they like the music he makes.

That's where we disagree.

Well his songs aren't about beating women so I really don't see how you make that connection. In the end, it is just about the fact that he is a celebrity and his life was televised for you to see. So now you know that he did something horrible, and that means that he should never be allowed to use his talents again.

I said, we as a society should stand up to people who beat their girlfriends and refuse to support them by buying their music. He can try all he wants. Supporting him supports domestic violence. It sends a pretty clear message to people that you can beat your girlfriend and for it to hit mainstream and for people to not care. Usher had to APOLOGIZE for calling Brown out. NO ONE would straight up say it was UNACCEPTABLE for it to happen, and now, 2 years later he's back at the Grammy's. How is that anything but society accepting domestic violence as something that happens and is to be ignored?

Look, we took our histories of abuse and went in different directions. Let's just be done.

how does supporting him mean supporting domestic voilence??
    does supporting the president mean i support war and innocent lives being lost??

its not the same. i do not support chris brown, i believe what he done was morally wrong and believe that he will carry this around for the rest of his life

i do believe in 2nd chances. is that not what life is about, no???
    has no poster ever made a mistake they wish they could change or didnt happen???
    for those mistakes that were made, did no-one help you, forgive you, help you??

if that was the case that no-one was ever forgiven for deeds they made, this would be a sorry, sad world to live in.

again let me re-iterate..... i do not SUPPORT chris browns actions.
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    Wow. I'm amazed at all the "I'm not here to judge" talk! Especially from women! Is the word 'forgiven" the wrong word, maybe? For crying out loud, he beat the *kitten* out of his girlfriend (yes, we know he did it, come on, don't give me that crap ....) then he gets a standing ovation at the Grammy's. Isn't there something just off about that?

But you're right: I guess I better not judge either. Because if he had done that to MY daughter I would go beat the *kitten* out of him myself. :explode: So you won't judge me when I do, right? wtf.... stumbling away in confusion.....

I am also surprised by the number of women that back his behavior..
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Does he deserve a second chance? Yes he does, just like all of us do. He was wrong and made a mistake, he let his anger get the best of him. With that being said it is not up to me to forgive him. That's Rihanna's deal.
    Rhingo Starr also beat up his wife and we still celebrate the music he made with the Beatles. I love the Beatles, and I've bought their discs and memorabilia. That does not mean that I condone Violence or drug use for that matter. I like Usher and have bought some of his songs, that does not mean I condone infidelity. So, buying a Chris Brown CD does not mean you are pro-violence.
    Banks rob us blind everyday, but we still use them. Bush's administration went on a killing tirade in the Middle East, all in the name of "Freedom" and he was re-elected.
    In terms of Rihanna, I think she's a total hypocrite. One day she's crying about what happened and the next she's saying that chains and whips excite her. In my opinion, she is sending the wrong message. If you are against violence, then you don't say those things. S/M does not open the door for violence in the future, but if you let your man hit you in bed, he might think it's ok to do it later. I don't think it's okay in any situation. It's like boxing and UFC, your kids see it on TV, people beating each other up for a couple of bucks and to entertain the world. They see all the blood and the cheering fans and think it's ok for them to practice that at school, just because they saw it on TV.
    Again I think he was totally wrong for what he did. There is no excuse for hitting people. Whether it is a female or a male.
    My fiancé and I are rough, but he sure as *kitten* knows that is in the bedroom

Details.

I kid I kid
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    I forgave him once I found out she left the kitchen.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    He's a chump

^^^^ THIS ^^^^
  • tamerkins2
    Options

Did you just compare Chris Brown beating the crap out of Rihanna to UFC?
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    He's good... he's alright... lets leave him a lone.. he has a grammy.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This thread is so upsetting!! I should have just stayed away. Facts - Chris Brown beat his girlfriend in a bad way; he did not serve any time in jail; he continued to make music and win grammys; he goes on talk shows and throws chairs out of anger (even after claiming he had changed); teen girls all over the country are saying he can beat them anytime because he is so hot and "has moves". How are people condoning this behavior? What is there to justify? Saying "he is young", "he made a mistake", "he has moves", "he is hot", "Rihanna forgave him", etc. are NOT excuses for what he did wrong. Come on people... we should be better than this.

Agreed. All these people making excuses for his behavior is very disturbing to me.
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    He looks like a crackhead! she looks like a crackhead! a bunch of wackos
  • Southerncookin
    Options
    Who am I to judge Chris Brown? He did nothing to me. Only people who know what went down is Chris Brown and Rihanna, and quite frankly I think the truth lies somewhere between her version and his version. It's not up to me to judge, that's between the two of them.

Okay, so lets say your sister or mother or brother or father, were being abused by another family member. It doesn't matter right, because it didn't happen to you.

I didn't say it didn't matter because it didn't happen to me, YOU read that into what I said. But please don't twist my words. What I did say was it's not up to me to judge him. And ultimately it's not my judgement call.
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    For me, one of the tings that bothers me the most about Chris Brown is that he is more upset about they way he was represented in the media following his criminal abuse than he was repentant for it.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Who gives a crap about Chris Brown or that smutty,smash face Rihanna. The real world has real world problems!
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Who am I to judge Chris Brown? He did nothing to me. Only people who know what went down is Chris Brown and Rihanna, and quite frankly I think the truth lies somewhere between her version and his version. It's not up to me to judge, that's between the two of them.

Okay, so lets say your sister or mother or brother or father, were being abused by another family member. It doesn't matter right, because it didn't happen to you.

I didn't say it didn't matter because it didn't happen to me, YOU read that into what I said. But please don't twist my words. What I did say was it's not up to me to judge him. And ultimately it's not my judgement call.

I'm not twisting anything, you said it's not up to you to judge because he did nothing to you. You also said it's between them. My previous comment still stands.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options

She did. I could hear Chris now....."bit$c, if I wasnt in this truck wheelz spinnin....I'd put yo AZZ in an arm bar. I can do that, cuz I'm young and don't know no better".
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

I am also surprised by the number of women that back his behavior..

i dont back his behaviour AT ALL. its disgusting and agree it sould not be tolerated.

this isnt about what he has DONE in the past its about wither he has been forgiven, so to answer the OP question. yes. i have forgiven chris brown
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

She did. I could hear Chris now....."bit$c, if I wasnt in this truck wheelz spinnin....I'd put yo AZZ in an arm bar. I can do that, cuz I'm young and don't know no better".

You forgot to mention he's hot so it's okay.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    As a victim of abuse I dont understand how people are tying say this is rhana fault? So what she likes it kinky, that is different from getting the **** kicked out of her. It makes sick seeing people defend him. Also to all the people saying god this and god that, this has nothing to do with him. Chris brown is nothing more then a slug. He should be prison and not getting standing ovations.