Chris Brown- Have you forgiven him?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Who's Chris Brown?

Just kidding. He was young. He made a mistake. I hope he has changed, learned and never makes the same mistake again.

I have never bullied another person and I have no respect for someone who does, but, since it's not my daughter he beat, he gets another chance. Hope he makes the best of it and becomes a better person.

A lot of people probably believe he got off easy because of his celebrity. Maybe he did; maybe he didn't, but his career definitely sufffered. Let him move on.

Beating your girlfriend to the point where she goes to the hospital isn't "mistake" it is a serious crime and should have been handled that way. A mistake is getting on the wrong bus, using salt instead of sugar, or misplacing a decimal point. BEATING your girlfriend until she needs to go to the hospital is NOT a mistake. He didn't "bully" her he BEAT her. He BEAT a woman, why should his career go on at all? Why can't we as a society see that behavior and get livid, and DO something, SHOW people that they can't BEAT THEIR GIRLFRIENDS and still be successful.

Did you know that girls were tweeting about letting him beat them during the grammy's? This acceptance is going to become a social norm that will end in increased domestic violence and more women dying at the hands of their abusive partners.

As for Rihana forgiving him, until you've been in an abusive relationship/or abused or at least studied the psychology of it, shut up.

Just because he didn't beat us doesn't mean that we have to/should forgive him. He BEAT another person, a human being. That is not okay and to just brush it off only says that women don't deserve to live life without getting beating. THAT is the message and lesson you teach when you say that.

I disagree and I am a victim of domestic violence. His celebrity status does not give you the right to judge him. Those who have the right to judge him already have. If you personally don't care for him, then don't buy his music. However, buying his music would not mean that you are condoning his behavior. It just means that you like his music. I don't think buying his music is going to mean that more women will get beaten. He has the right to make a living in any way that he can.

His celebrity status isn't why I'm judging him, it's because he beat a woman. That's it. I happen to wish we lived in a society where that meant something to other people. I wouldn't do business with a man who I knew abused people, I just wish that mattered to other people. If you, and your history, can accept and support an abusive man than fine, my history and my stances on women's rights prevent me from ever supporting him. I don't think that buying his music will get more women beaten, he beat one woman, that's all I need to know to decide that he shouldn't be *idolized* by society because all it says is that it's okay to beat women. It is sending that message, it's not the music, it's his acceptance in the entertainment industry, that is going to get more women abused at the hands of their partners.

As another posted stated, if this were any Joe Blow, you would never have known that he beat a woman. Am I to honestly believe that you run background checks on everyone you deal business with? What about your mail man? How do you know he didn't knock his wife around in the 70's? Does that mean that he is no longer fit to deliver your mail?

But we do know. And when we know something then we can have an opinion about the behaviour.
    For those of who who say "he didn't beat me so it doesn't matter to me" really? As far as you're concerned then you'd be fine with all child abusers, rapists, etc being free and unpunished as long as they didn't violate you?

But Chris Brown was punished. This goes back to the lack of severity in the legal system.
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Seriously why are people all up in arms over this stuff? You want to know why any one of these people get attention? Go look in the mirror. Stop talking about it. You make it sound like we should lynch mob everyone that has ever committed a crime. You question the judge that slammed the gavel down. It's done. She's over it, why can't everyone else be over it? The little girls on twitter don't know what they are talking about, and hopefully they grow up! How about we worry about the people that know what it is like to stand at the other end of an abuser?

When you see an injustice like this how about you do something productive? Go support the cause! Volunteer your time, make a donation, maybe hold an event to raise awareness. If every time I heard or seen some one complain about Michael Vick, or Chris brown they had to drop a dollar in a donation jar the domestic and animal shelters would be in a much better place!

Assumptions and ignorance of the issues is a lot of what helps these abusers get away with things! I do a lot of work (Volunteer) for a state and local chapter of a domestic abuse and rape shelter and hotline. You say "stop talking about it", yet when/if you are trained in this area you would know that talking about it brings attention to it and thereby lets people know that it is intolerable and outraging. If just one person stops abusing another or just one person is able to escape their abuser because of talking about it...then it is worth it!

Do you realize how serious the issue is? Do you have any idea how many women die every year because of this? They don't even have to set out to kill them....just one good hit to the wrong place...just one grab to the throat....is all it takes! Chris Brown still angers me...and it also angers me that people stick up for him and say things like "She's over it, why can't everyone else be over it?" - That is a classic victims response to abuse. It also gets people killed!

I personally know what it is like to "stand at the other end of the abuser" and almost lost my life....many times. We need to not just worry about those who have survived abuse or are in current abusive situations. We also need to educate others so that more people are not affected by abuse to begin with!

(sorry about the rant...just an issue near and dear to me!)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I... kinda... don't care.

I think the public will forgive him until Rihanna beats him with a bat. He's never gonna let that happen so discussion is squashed. He's the poster child for domestic abuse. And he shouldn't be a baby when people bring it up. It might help with his image problem if he confronts it instead of throwing a chair into a window.

Meh.
  • When you guys are talking about twitter...are you referring to this?

chris-brown-tweet-640-e1329261441414.jpg
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I am not one to judge (not that I have some anything remotely close to what he did). In my opinion he is a douche bag. However it is funny how everyone has forgotten about what he did, and demonizes others. In the entertainment industry allot of these types of things are racially motivated.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    so are we saying that chris brown does not deserve another chance??

if so why do you personally feel so strongly this way???

murders and child abusers serve there punishments and are let back into society to go back to their lives so why cant chris brown???

Other than time passing by, what has he done to deserve it? I mean yeah, he can make more records and whatever, but for my part, I'll never look at him the same cuz he's a punk abuser. That's the stance I have at the moment.....he's done nothing to change that.
  • JBrown9538
    JBrown9538 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    He is a giant douche bag. If he beat your Mom or sister, would you still think it's OK to forgive him?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    And if you read my previous post, I said that you are entitled to do that, but those who choose to buy his music aren't condoning violence against women either just because they like the music he makes.

That's where we disagree.
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    if it was the other way round and rhianna had beat chris brown up...... would you all feel as strong??

i guess a lot of people wouldnt.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    i was only hoping he would have fallen off the stage and broke his legs.... then i would have forgiven him
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Rihanna is SOMEONE's daughter, just because she's not yours doesn't make it ok and beating someone within an inch of their life and leaving them there, also NOT ok. Just because she found it in her heart to forgive him (love can make us do STUPID *kitten* things), doesn't make it right to allow him to just move on with his life with no repercussions.

It is ridiculous the things they allow celebrities to get away with. If anything, they should receive harsher punishments to set examples, in my opinion...
  • Sexynvoluptuous
    Options
    It has nothing to do with him personally. He is a talented kid. None of us were there to witness what happened between him and Rhiana..... So how do we know it was not one of Hollywoods attention getting schemes...I think that if he would have really done something that JayZ would have ended his career. Oh yes and the head of the Music mafia could have pulled that off. Also, She makes a video on how she likes things rough not long after this mess happened...Things that make you go hmmmmmm?

I tried to make this point earlier but a couple of rude posters turned my statement into an immature joke. I agree, we were not there, hitting a woman is never right but hollywood has it's ways of getting out attention with scandles. If he did it shame on him aplologize and don't do it again.
    Really???? did you guys not see the pics of her? You make it sound like it was a big consperisy. And so what she made and s/m song. If she like sort of thing ok but that is different from getting abused like that. Abusers can rot for all I care

yep I saw the pics, they were horrible no woman deserves to go through it, but I WAS NOT THERE and knowing the media things like to be twisted a whole lot. In the end I am not God i cannot hate or judge him and according to the bible that I believe in we need to forgive our brothers so God can forgive us. Chris if he did it was Wrong wrong wrong, but obviously she forgave him if they have been recently spotted at restaurants together. IN the end he makes good music that people like. point blank.com! if you don't like my opinion don't read it and move around buddy.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    so are we saying that chris brown does not deserve another chance??

if so why do you personally feel so strongly this way???

murders and child abusers serve there punishments and are let back into society to go back to their lives so why cant chris brown???

Murderers and child abusers shouldn't be let back into society. Did someone say they should?
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    He's a chump
  • swycoff17
    swycoff17 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I haven't forgiven him...not one bit.
    I'm also a little concerned about the message Rhiana (sp?) has been sending. Allegedly they're dating again, and then she had that S&M song where she said "chains and whips excite me" ......I worry what our teen girls are thinking about this and abuse....
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I could really care less, his music is good and the boy can dance. People spend way too much time being involved in celeb's personal life. If you didn't know that he beat her up, no one would have an issue with him, unless you just really didnt like his music. So maybe people people should stop caring so much about people they will never have to deal with in real life anyway and focus on the reason he was/is famous in the first place and that is music. If you don't like his music then dont listen to it. I do think the girls on twitter are just ridiculous but that is their own issues.
    I knew of a catholic priest who could give a wonderful, meaningful sermon.
    And tell a joke? He was one funny guy. Kept us laughing.
    Very talented....
    And once you get past the fact that he molested 4 boys, it's no big deal.....

and did you know this priest? did he touch your life personally? if so then it's different than a celeb who you don't know so why do we care so much about what he or any celeb did? unless it affects you personally, people should learn to deal with their own realities and worry less about other people who they will never meet is all i'm saying.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    i was only hoping he would have fallen off the stage and broke his legs.... then i would have forgiven him

That would've been good Karma!
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    if it was the other way round and rhianna had beat chris brown up...... would you all feel as strong??

i guess a lot of people wouldnt.
    No abuse is abuse. If she did that to him I would feel the same. She didnt do it, he did.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I do forgive him one reason is because of the songs Rhianna has released since the incidient....some of them actually promoting violent and unhealthy relationships....
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Before I became a SAHM, I worked as a guardian ad litem for abused and battered women and children. I cooperated with the courts and the network of safehouses to ensure that these survivors received physical protection, counseling, and legal assistance as needed. I have NOTHING for someone who assaults their partner, be they male/female, or a child.

Domestic violence is a non-negotiable dealbreaker. Period.