Chris Brown- Have you forgiven him?

Options

Replies

• sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I could really care less, his music is good and the boy can dance. People spend way too much time being involved in celeb's personal life. If you didn't know that he beat her up, no one would have an issue with him, unless you just really didnt like his music. So maybe people people should stop caring so much about people they will never have to deal with in real life anyway and focus on the reason he was/is famous in the first place and that is music. If you don't like his music then dont listen to it. I do think the girls on twitter are just ridiculous but that is their own issues.
    I knew of a catholic priest who could give a wonderful, meaningful sermon.
    And tell a joke? He was one funny guy. Kept us laughing.
    Very talented....
    And once you get past the fact that he molested 4 boys, it's no big deal.....

and did you know this priest? did he touch your life personally? if so then it's different than a celeb who you don't know so why do we care so much about what he or any celeb did? unless it affects you personally, people should learn to deal with their own realities and worry less about other people who they will never meet is all i'm saying.
    As a society don't you think we should worry about and protect those that are not able to protect themselves?
  • Southerncookin
    Options
    Who am I to judge Chris Brown? He did nothing to me. Only people who know what went down is Chris Brown and Rihanna, and quite frankly I think the truth lies somewhere between her version and his version. It's not up to me to judge, that's between the two of them.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Who am I to judge Chris Brown? He did nothing to me. Only people who know what went down is Chris Brown and Rihanna, and quite frankly I think the truth lies somewhere between her version and his version. It's not up to me to judge, that's between the two of them.

Okay, so lets say your sister or mother or brother or father, were being abused by another family member. It doesn't matter right, because it didn't happen to you.
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    Have you heard rhiannas songs? Girl likes it rough...lol ok that was bad but seriously ppl make mistakes and browns got moves...

Mistake? Beating the snot out of your girlfriend is not a mistake.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    It is a big uproar about Chris Brown and being forgiven. Hell the dumb a** former governor of Mississippi pardoned murderers, and drunk drivers who killed innocent people. Talk about forgiving. Rhianna is still alive. Chris Brown can't be forgiven but, a system can free those who took lives. Some of us have our priority in the wrong place.

Are you freakin' serious? No one on here condoned the governor of Mississippi for his actions. This thread is about Chris Brown - you want to talk about ALL that is wrong in the world then open a new thread.

First of all, I don't have to open another thread. I made a point that some of you are not forgiving Chris Brown for his crime but, people are being pardon for worse things. The governor stated that crime of passion is not as serious. I think proiorities are in the wrong place. If you can compare Vick to Chris, sure as hell can compare releasing hard criminals to not forgiving Chris Brown. Now maybe you can leave the thread if you don't like my post. How about that?

Did you say something?

kstrawn78! Obviously, I did say something. You click through the post to find my reply. By the way, I did say something about the governor release of prisoners. I am a Mississippian and I stand proud with the families of the victims and I support the AG fight to have these pardons overturned. Action! :smile:

Well, that's great news. Seriously.
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I could really care less, his music is good and the boy can dance. People spend way too much time being involved in celeb's personal life. If you didn't know that he beat her up, no one would have an issue with him, unless you just really didnt like his music. So maybe people people should stop caring so much about people they will never have to deal with in real life anyway and focus on the reason he was/is famous in the first place and that is music. If you don't like his music then dont listen to it. I do think the girls on twitter are just ridiculous but that is their own issues.
    Very talented....

and did you know this priest? did he touch your life personally? if so then it's different than a celeb who you don't know so why do we care so much about what he or any celeb did? unless it affects you personally, people should learn to deal with their own realities and worry less about other people who they will never meet is all i'm saying.
    As a society don't you think we should worry about and protect those that are not able to protect themselves?

Do you know Rihanna? were you going to protect her? NO!!! that is all I'm saying, Not once did I say what he did was right or wrong, obviously it was wrong. I just want to know that why we all care so much about this one instance? it's over, it's done with, move on with life? who cares if people want to forgive him or not, that is on them.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Have you heard rhiannas songs? Girl likes it rough...lol ok that was bad but seriously ppl make mistakes and browns got moves...

gross
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    And if you read my previous post, I said that you are entitled to do that, but those who choose to buy his music aren't condoning violence against women either just because they like the music he makes.

That's where we disagree.

Well his songs aren't about beating women so I really don't see how you make that connection. In the end, it is just about the fact that he is a celebrity and his life was televised for you to see. So now you know that he did something horrible, and that means that he should never be allowed to use his talents again.

I said, we as a society should stand up to people who beat their girlfriends and refuse to support them by buying their music. He can try all he wants. Supporting him supports domestic violence. It sends a pretty clear message to people that you can beat your girlfriend and for it to hit mainstream and for people to not care. Usher had to APOLOGIZE for calling Brown out. NO ONE would straight up say it was UNACCEPTABLE for it to happen, and now, 2 years later he's back at the Grammy's. How is that anything but society accepting domestic violence as something that happens and is to be ignored?

Look, we took our histories of abuse and went in different directions. Let's just be done.
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Geez louise......some of you are killing me. lol

He beat up a woman, is it okay with you? His story versus her story????? What could she have done to deserve a beating? It's not about forgiveness.....that's none of our places. But can you really sit there and say "well gosh darn it, I wasn't there.....how can I know the situation.....he's ok by me....plus he's got moves." Amazing. lol
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I think it is because he is young and you are expected to make mistakes in your youth. Those other guys are older and should know better.

So as long as your 'young', it's ok? What is the cut-off age?

I'm not saying it's right I'm just saying people see it that way. I can't stand to look at him and I hate that he was on the grammy show. I turned it on when he was singing and promptly changes the channel. If he had been my son there would have been hell to pay. And FYI I left my first husband after he threw me up against a wall and threw dishes, a jar of sauce and dishes at me since we were in the kitchen. He passed out drunk and I was able to get my 6 mth old out of his hands and leave, with no money in my pocket and just the clothes on my back so no domestic violence of any kind is not acceptable.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I haven't forgiven him. I haven't forgiven Sean Penn for beating up Madonna either. Or Mike Tyson.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    And if you read my previous post, I said that you are entitled to do that, but those who choose to buy his music aren't condoning violence against women either just because they like the music he makes.

That's where we disagree.

Well his songs aren't about beating women so I really don't see how you make that connection. In the end, it is just about the fact that he is a celebrity and his life was televised for you to see. So now you know that he did something horrible, and that means that he should never be allowed to use his talents again.

I said, we as a society should stand up to people who beat their girlfriends and refuse to support them by buying their music. He can try all he wants. Supporting him supports domestic violence. It sends a pretty clear message to people that you can beat your girlfriend and for it to hit mainstream and for people to not care. Usher had to APOLOGIZE for calling Brown out. NO ONE would straight up say it was UNACCEPTABLE for it to happen, and now, 2 years later he's back at the Grammy's. How is that anything but society accepting domestic violence as something that happens and is to be ignored?

Look, we took our histories of abuse and went in different directions. Let's just be done.

I agree that society should treat it more seriously. But it is not as if Brown has had multiple arrests for this issue. One moment in a person's life should not define the rest of it. That is all that I am trying to say.
  • Jipples
    Options
    Very talented....

Do you know Rihanna? were you going to protect her? NO!!! that is all I'm saying, Not once did I say what he did was right or wrong, obviously it was wrong. I just want to know that why we all care so much about this one instance? it's over, it's done with, move on with life? who cares if people want to forgive him or not, that is on them.

I dont think any of us are having trouble sleeping at night over chris brown existing. The question was asked as to how we felt about him, and we answered.
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I think it's sick. We are basically telling young girls it's okay if your boyfriend does this to you. So why even report him it won't even affect his life. Gross. I was so mad when I watched that. My mom and I were watching appalled, and my dad asked why. We explained it to him, and he was disgusted, and asked why people buy his music. I sat there thinking: "Exactly!?" He chose to be in the public eye and is now an example. Of course his actions would be public.
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    This thread is so upsetting!! I should have just stayed away. Facts - Chris Brown beat his girlfriend in a bad way; he did not serve any time in jail; he continued to make music and win grammys; he goes on talk shows and throws chairs out of anger (even after claiming he had changed); teen girls all over the country are saying he can beat them anytime because he is so hot and "has moves". How are people condoning this behavior? What is there to justify? Saying "he is young", "he made a mistake", "he has moves", "he is hot", "Rihanna forgave him", etc. are NOT excuses for what he did wrong. Come on people... we should be better than this.
  • mmgomez28
    mmgomez28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    First of all I just want to say that I do not condone Violence of any kind.
    Does he deserve a second chance? Yes he does, just like all of us do. He was wrong and made a mistake, he let his anger get the best of him. With that being said it is not up to me to forgive him. That's Rihanna's deal.
    Rhingo Starr also beat up his wife and we still celebrate the music he made with the Beatles. I love the Beatles, and I've bought their discs and memorabilia. That does not mean that I condone Violence or drug use for that matter. I like Usher and have bought some of his songs, that does not mean I condone infidelity. So, buying a Chris Brown CD does not mean you are pro-violence.
    Banks rob us blind everyday, but we still use them. Bush's administration went on a killing tirade in the Middle East, all in the name of "Freedom" and he was re-elected.
    In terms of Rihanna, I think she's a total hypocrite. One day she's crying about what happened and the next she's saying that chains and whips excite her. In my opinion, she is sending the wrong message. If you are against violence, then you don't say those things. S/M does not open the door for violence in the future, but if you let your man hit you in bed, he might think it's ok to do it later. I don't think it's okay in any situation. It's like boxing and UFC, your kids see it on TV, people beating each other up for a couple of bucks and to entertain the world. They see all the blood and the cheering fans and think it's ok for them to practice that at school, just because they saw it on TV.
    Again I think he was totally wrong for what he did. There is no excuse for hitting people. Whether it is a female or a male.
  • Jipples
    Options
    Rhianna liking it a little rough when she's fu*&ing has absolutely NOTHING to do with being beat up.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    It not up to us to forgive him. Did he hit you?

Bush's dumb *kitten* sent many to die in an unforgettable war but people still have his back.

Oh wow...seriously...you went there?

How ignorant.
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    Oh and if anyone ever puts a hand on my little girl and people try to say it is okay because he was young, hot, etc.... you don't even want to know what will happen! To the people that defend him - how would you feel if that was your little girl?
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Trust me as a kid growing up with domestic violence I can tell you there is no excuse BUT women also know who and what kinda of guy they are with and how to push them...also she hit him but this country has a double standard...there are just as many male abuse victims and no one ever speaks up for them. Was it right NO should the guys be forever punished NO...hopefully this changed him and rhianna shouldn't promote violence in her music because she is sending mixed messages to young girls....also...look up sarcasm ppl