Chris Brown- Have you forgiven him?

Options

Replies

• Sexynvoluptuous
    Options
    Its never okay to hit a woman,

but honeslty, I'm sure we can find some dirt about lots of celebs and things they have done, horrible ones in their past and you will find many supporters.heck there are some abusers on this web site I am sure. None of us are perfect and lots regret things we have done to hurt others.

I'm not going to say it's okay to to every hit a woman b/c it's not but I do believe that people can change and if you don't want to support them you don't have to but kudos to him for asking for forgiveness and trying to better himeself w/ anger management... Most of all kudos to Rhianna for forgiving him so she can move on with her life and I hope that maybe she can be a positive role model to young or older women who have been through the same situation and can help them learn to forgive and try to move on and live a life full of joy! (some will have an issue with my response but it's mine..)
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    ^ who are you to judge those that are judging?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Domestic violence is a deal breaker for me. I have written off a lot of faves because of it. I was neutral on Chris Brown, so I decided I won't be purchasing any of his music. (I did buy about 2-4 mp3s before the incident)
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have not forgotten. I am so happy Rihanna was able to put her life back together after that, she is at top form, absolutely love her. I still blame Bobbi Brown for Whitney Houston's downfall, she was never able to get out of the place that Bobbi took her to in my opinion.

So Bobby Brown put a gun to her head and forced her to do drugs? She made bad decisions on her own.

I did not say that, I said she was not able to pull herself out of the Bobbi took her to and I am happy Rihanna was able to pull herself back from what Chris did to her.

Pull herself out of what? As a grown woman, she made her own decisions in this life.
  • Sexynvoluptuous
    Options
    VICK paid for his crime....y'all just mad because he's getting paid and you're not hahahaha

*FACE PALM*

I was saddened when I heard about Vick but he did his time and has made positive changes and yes, still getting paid
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Who gives a crap about Chris Brown or that smutty,smash face Rihanna. The real world has real world problems!

news flash: domestic violence is a "real world problem"

News flash: Rihanna and Chris Brown could care less about you or your personal life. Get a clue!!!

I never claimed that they did care, I'm just saying that domestic violence is a real world problem and it's not something to be taken lightly. I don't care that it was a celebrity, I care that people are acting like it's not a big deal. Abuse is wong. Period! The way that Chris Brown is able to continue with his life as if nothing every happened is not giving the proper message that this stuff is unacceptible no matter how you are!

As someone who was in a physically abusive relationship for years, let me say this. Most times, it is fueled by both parties in the relationship. I was stuck in it for a little bit because I had no place to go and I was clouded by "love", but I pulled my senses together and got out. I would say the circumstances for Rihanna where ridiculous because, A) This is NOT a relationship she was trapped in. She's a celebrity with tons of income and sources to get her away from things like that. B) I believe she had her hand in it too, its not like she crouched in a corner and was beat down. It's not like Rihanna is some mild mannered, proper woman. They hit each other. It went public. There is his rep down the porcelain pee-hole. She's over it. They both make decent music, she's forgiven him, so what’s the hype. Every has their views on domestic violence. No one should be THIS involved in it. These are two singers that no one would normally care if they exploded in mid air and showered a city with their entrails. I personally have other opinions on why people feel so strongly about this particular relationship, but thats a whole other topic

The moral of the story is two angry people should not be in a relationship with each other. I know that ME PERSONALLY, I am a very, very strong woman, and if I was angry enough to swing at a man, I am doing some damage. It's only natural for him to want to defend himself. That relationship should be dismissed immediately, and I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me after because I learned a valuable lesson.
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I have not forgotten. I am so happy Rihanna was able to put her life back together after that, she is at top form, absolutely love her. I still blame Bobbi Brown for Whitney Houston's downfall, she was never able to get out of the place that Bobbi took her to in my opinion.

So Bobby Brown put a gun to her head and forced her to do drugs? She made bad decisions on her own.

I did not say that, I said she was not able to pull herself out of the Bobbi took her to and I am happy Rihanna was able to pull herself back from what Chris did to her.

Pull herself out of what? As a grown woman, she made her own decisions in this life.

what are you getting at here? Are you trying to say that a grown person should never experience depression and a grown person should never find themselves in addiction?
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Vick plays for the eagles so i hate him naturally... but i still hate him because of dog killing...he is remorse and has done alot to help educate on it..

Chris Sleezy is showing how much more of a dirtbag he is... a POS almost like doing the ... "ha ha... i got a grammy and got away with crime... look at me now... look at me now"...
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    sKsjx.jpg
    Here is was brown did. Yeah looks like a real mistake....
    Dude...seriously get a life.

He stated in a previous comment that he was a victim of abuse. So, obviously, this topic is much more important to him than the average person. Just because you're overly flippant about the topic (yet you've posted how many times in this thread?) doesn't mean everyone else should be affected equally.

Gotta agree with you here. I've wondered if some of these folks here who say he gets a second chance (really??) have seen these photos.
  • Sexynvoluptuous
    Options

Look for the news story where her mother actually had to go and get her from out of Bobby's craziness. I do believe she was trying to get out of that relationship b/c of abuse and could not. In the end it was her decision to continue to use but I feel bad and sad she was exposed to that jerk who treated her like crap. Look at Tina turner, she was in an abusive marriage but she eventually go out and is living her life happily. Sometimes it's hard, but it can be done. some can heal faster than others while some never heal
  • AmberMagdalena
    Options
    A fan, not really I don't listen to that kind of music but I know he has talent, Abuse, lots of us have been abused. it's tragic but at the end of the day you forgive and don't forget and live your own life.

Pretty much.
  • Sexynvoluptuous
    Options
    ^ who are you to judge those that are judging?

she's quoting scripture
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Forgive him or not is not my goal in life. I want to go to heaven so, I will forgive him and anyone else. Plus, it is not for me to forgive him. Furthermore, how can you forgive someone for something they didn't do to you. The definition of forgive: 1. to grant pardon for or to. 2. to cancel ( a debt or payment). 3. to cease to feel resentment against. 4. to grant pardon.n May be it is just me!
  • mmgomez28
    mmgomez28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    First of all I just want to say that I do not condone Violence of any kind.
    Does he deserve a second chance? Yes he does, just like all of us do. He was wrong and made a mistake, he let his anger get the best of him. With that being said it is not up to me to forgive him. That's Rihanna's deal.
    Rhingo Starr also beat up his wife and we still celebrate the music he made with the Beatles. I love the Beatles, and I've bought their discs and memorabilia. That does not mean that I condone Violence or drug use for that matter. I like Usher and have bought some of his songs, that does not mean I condone infidelity. So, buying a Chris Brown CD does not mean you are pro-violence.
    Banks rob us blind everyday, but we still use them. Bush's administration went on a killing tirade in the Middle East, all in the name of "Freedom" and he was re-elected.
    In terms of Rihanna, I think she's a total hypocrite. One day she's crying about what happened and the next she's saying that chains and whips excite her. In my opinion, she is sending the wrong message. If you are against violence, then you don't say those things. S/M does not open the door for violence in the future, but if you let your man hit you in bed, he might think it's ok to do it later. I don't think it's okay in any situation. It's like boxing and UFC, your kids see it on TV, people beating each other up for a couple of bucks and to entertain the world. They see all the blood and the cheering fans and think it's ok for them to practice that at school, just because they saw it on TV.
    Again I think he was totally wrong for what he did. There is no excuse for hitting people. Whether it is a female or a male.

I'm sorry, since when S/M has to do anything with domestic violence? I know PLENTYYYYYYYYY of people into S/M and one of the best things about them is the mutual respect in and out of their privacy. So please, unless you're very familiar with S/M don't make comparisons you have no knowledge on. So calling her a hypocrite because of her inclination towards S/M makes absolutely no sense when talking about what that piece of trash did to her.

About UFC, whether the reason why those ATHLETES do what they do what they do, it is not to promote violence, and it is the parents job to be aware their kids are watching it. Let's stop blaming martial arts and movies for the lack of responsibility of the parents. Besides, those MMA fighters in the majority are people like you and me, some are even work protecting others.

In regards of Chris Brown, you are free to forgive, give second chances, I don't, and most definitely he is not a man. If he has anger issues he should try that with another man not with a woman. And about your comparisons, I didn't vote for Bush, I don't even listen to the Beatles.

Anyway, my main point is the whole violence thing, I think you got it wrong.

Sometimes I think people read what they want to read and ignore the rest. But I will ignore all you said, because you totally missed the point and I'm going to focus on the statement about comparisons. Just like everybody seems to do here, take little bits and pieces but not the whole. FYI, I have no problem with athletes and UFC. I personally don't like it, but the point I was trying to make about it is how kids see it on TV and mimic it in real life due to lack of education. You just read what you wanted to and missed the whole point of it. I haven't blamed a Martial Art for this. Unless I misread my own post and said "I blame this and this." It's not there, so please don't put words in my mouth.

Comparisons:
    Good Job not voting for Bush, too bad you were in the minority. Truth is the majority voted for him. That was the point of it.
    Too bad you don't listen to the Beatles, I could care less if you do or not. I am not creating a poll on who does and who doesn't. Reality is that they are the most influential band in history, and they opened the doors for many many many of today's artists. The point of the "comparison" totally flew over your head. The point was that I buy Beatles merchandise, but that does not mean I agree with Violence or Drug Use.

I think you got my whole point wrong.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Apparently Rihanna has forgiven him......

This^^ They are totally back together and hiding it.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options

Most of all kudos to Rhianna for forgiving him so she can move on with her life and I hope that maybe she can be a positive role model to young or older women who have been through the same situation and can help them learn to forgive and try to move on and live a life full of joy! (some will have an issue with my response but it's mine..)

Wow! Wow! If my daughter sees Rhianna as a positive role model I would be incredibly concerned! I'm so glad for Rhianna that she has forgiven the thug so she can move on her life. Good for her. I'd be a impressed if she was actually moving on, though. Going back to him is acting like a positive role model? (Maybe she needs to see a picture of her face again as a little reminder of his 'mistake' ??)
  • AmberMagdalena
    Options
    Sometimes I think people read what they want to read and ignore the rest.

This is what this entire post is based on.
  • AmberMagdalena
    Options

Most of all kudos to Rhianna for forgiving him so she can move on with her life and I hope that maybe she can be a positive role model to young or older women who have been through the same situation and can help them learn to forgive and try to move on and live a life full of joy! (some will have an issue with my response but it's mine..)

Wow! Wow! If my daughter sees Rhianna as a positive role model I would be incredibly concerned! I'm so glad for Rhianna that she has forgiven the thug so she can move on her life. Good for her. I'd be a impressed if she was actually moving on, though. Going back to him is acting like a positive role model? (Maybe she needs to see a picture of her face again as a little reminder of his 'mistake' ??)

Rhianna isn't a positive role model for young girls be she dresses like a loosey and sings about disgusting things! Thats Why she's not a good role model. Forget that she got pummled on top of that!!!!
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    rhianna has recently been seen dating a few players from the New York Mets. She says she feels safe around them, because they can't hit anything.

HILARIOUS.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I was shocked that him and Rihanna were in the same building, I would assume she would have some sort of restraining order.

I think that Rihanna should have done more to reach out to women in abusive relationships and helped them find the strength to get out.

I honestly doubt that she would have left the relationship if the news hadn't gotten out to the public. I am sure it wasn't the first time he did that in their relationship.

Edit: Also, Chris Browns music is horrible. I wouldn't listen to it if I was given the CD for free. I would never even think to buy his crap.