Chris Brown- Have you forgiven him?

Options

Replies

• Anathama
    Anathama Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I looked this up after a co-worker said how much she loves his music a while ago. I couldn't believe that any woman would give this man their money after what he's done.

I have zero-tolerance for domestic abuse, and I thought that most of society did to. I'm really surprised to see so many women ok with listening to and supporting (buying CD's etc) of someone that is an abuser of this magnitude.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the man, don't buy his music.

This part I do not agree with. Separate the man from his art. He is still a scumbag who beats women like a BOSS. But by all means if you like his music buy it.

I still watch Mel, I still watch Woody Allen and Morgan Freeman. If you don't know, Woody and Morgan did the same thing marrying their stepdaughters which is pretty damn reprehensible.

As far as Robyn 'Rhianna' forgiving the sod, who cares. When she finds herself with a mouth full of blood over the next time he is plowing another woman behind her back, she will remember why she left the first time.
  • newata
    newata Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    While I understand the psychology of being an abused woman and I don't think Rihanna deserved what happened to her (and I don't see that Brown is all that sorry about it, either), I want to make this point, since others compared this to Michael Vick:

Rihanna was an ADULT woman with a LOT of money and resources who could have left that relationship any time she wanted to (does anyone believe the day he got caught was the first time it happened?). The dogs Vick victimized were truly helpless and at his mercy, tied up, kept in cages and had no resources or anyone to help them.

Brown, while wrong on so many levels, lashed out in anger. Vick and his pals enjoyed to pain they inflicted.

Vick and his pals were running a business (albeit an illegal one), you can't really say they took pleasure from what they did unless you were there. All I am saying is that they fulfilled the terms of their sentencing. Life should carry on. Of course, no one should ever trust Mike Vick with a dog again, and any woman considering getting involved with Chris Brown should be careful, but their careers are completely separate from their personal lives.

CAN'T say he didn't enjoy it? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Someone with so much money doesn't run that kind of schummy business and not enjoy it. It wasn't his only source of income, I can guarantee he doesn't feel bad about it, in fact he never would have apologized except for the public finding out and his career going to ****. I think it's awful what Chris Brown did, no person deserves to be treated like he treated Rihanna,(unless your name is michael vick), but unless your with some serious psycho you can always escape a bad situation unlike a defenseless animal who is by nature sweet and loyal and lives it's life being torn to shreds.
  • dictations
    Options
    If you were constantly being harassed with questions over something you did years ago, you'd get pissed too. Sure, he should've known better, but come ON, time to leave him the **** alone.
    His crime has nothing to do with his music, so good for him to earning a grammy.
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    Absolutely blows my mind that a woman beater was awarded with a grammy and allowed to perform TWICE. Beyond words.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I can't say that it affected me much since I didn't care for him to begin with.

However, I will say that when I turn on the TV and he's on, all I can see is a person that beats women.

I agree with what you posted. Since I don't know him personally, nothing to forgive personally...but I don't respect him and don't watch if he comes on the TV, or listen to his music. Although I didn't listen to his music before, I didn't think he was talented before either.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    It is funny how many people say they dislike the guy yet he performs twice at the grammy's and does what he did and gets an ovation? That is on us as a society. We created this monster and keep feeding him by accepting the behavior and allowing it to continue...

I have heard a lot of stuff ... like his new pick up line is "Hey I won't beat you" and thinks it is hilarious.

We have allowed it to happen... If his name was not Chris Brown he would have been in jail for a while... But we as a people put celebrities on a different pedestal, one of which I have never understood and is a good display of the general decline of our moral's as a society.

The end of the world as we know it....
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    funny-facebook-fails-chris-browns-grammy.png
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Nope. He's a pathetic douche bag, and I'm extremely disappointed in the music industry for allowing him to continue the way he is. It's bull**** and they're basically saying, "Hey, if you make us a lot of money, we'll forgive the fact that you beat the **** out of your then girlfriend." It pisses me off.

This!!
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    If you're interested, there's a good article on Slate about not forgiving Chris Brown. In the comments though, someone said this - that Glen Campbell had been accused of physical abuse by Tanya Tucker - she said at one point he knocked out some of her teeth. Should he have not been allowed to perform because of that?

Alec Baldwin has said horrible things to his teenage daughter, and an airline flight attendant who asked him to turn off his iPad - and he just won his sixth Emmy in a row. Michael Vick financed dog fights and he's now back in the NFL. Plaxico Burress brought a gun into a nightclub and shot himself in the leg (could've injured others) and is back in the NFL. Roman Polanksi was accused of raping a girl and we still watch his movies. Michael Jackson was accused of molestation by two separate boys (never proven guilty though) and yet was very wealthy and loved. We still watch these people. But we don't forgive Mel Gibson for going on an Anti-Semitic rant? Our judgement system is a little messed up.

I think a lot of the publicity has a lot to do with our time. We see everything instantly on the internet and TV. If this had happened years ago, we would've never heard about it. But now days our policy is to invade celebrity lives and report everything. If the Glen Campbell thing had happened this year instead of many years ago, believe me, we would know more. Would we be as outraged? I don't know.
    [/quote

I am not part of the "we" forgeting or forgiving any of these dirtbags. It makes me sick people think because mel gibson made a movie about jesus he should be able to behave like an *kitten* with no consequences. People should at least stop throwing money at the self absorbed morons.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i have forgotten him lol
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I dont care what Chris Brown has done in the past, I personally still love him and he is still and always will be one of my favourite solo artists. He is amazing.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Bringing this up again because I'm sure you've all heard the latest about this - that Chris Brown and Rihanna have done two songs together. One is Chris Brown's Turn Up The Music. The other is Birthday Cake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCWk-RH-tkI&list=FL15NH2CV-SmfkZqjkaKeN6w&index=3&feature=plpp_video

The lyrics are pretty vulgar...what do you all think?
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    No..he is an abuser there is no forgiveness.
    Rihanna ..is not too smart either. I heard they may get back together.
  • mrskotz8
    Options
    Ive forgiven him, not that its mine or any of our place to. Rihanna obviously does as she just released a track with him. Its funny how we are quick to judge him but look at Charlie Sheen. Same situation but most of America still loves him. We still hate him because we have a visual of what he actually did and we got that when the picture was released. She hit him first and I fully believe, if you have the balls to hit a man dead in his face, be prepared for the consequences.
  • joconnor09
    Options
    definitely not forgiving him. he's done nothing to show that he has any remorse for what he's done. in fact, he's shown continued anger management problems and turned his beating into a joke to try to hit on women!! Rihanna might have forgiven him- that's her business- but i'll never forget that. being good at your job doesn't automatically make you a good person. how rihanna can be friends with him and record a song with him- i have no idea. i think it's irresponsible- it's making it seem like what he did was ok. like there are no consequences to what he did. and all those girls on twitter asking him to beat them?? ridiculous!!!
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    There is DEFINITELY something wrong with him getting a standing ovation.
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I enjoy his music...but NO!
  • Srdking
    Srdking Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Seriously it's makes me sick he was even at the grammys. For one I think he sucks, and what he did to get is not forgivable. But hey whatever floats her boat. I lose all respect for her as well, if she is going to be back with him.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Not my play to forgive him, but he could use some humble pie and a boot to the head.