Bump
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Thanks man. This a great tool. I will definitely be using it
  • paigeting
    paigeting Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can't get my numbers to work right. I don't know what I am doing wrong. If someone could help I would appreciate it.

weight 183
    height 64 inches
    activity level 1.6
    bmr 1414
    age 42
    tdee 2401
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    What can i say, i'm not very smart and at a complete loss as to how to do this and read it. If someone whom is smarter than i could explain it like i'm a first grader it would be much appreciated. I don't know what my body fat is and i don't know what the column about IF and off days is about either. And just understanding how to read it is beyond me, sorry, please help;)

This...I am a lil confused as well.. :(
  • Jgen62
    Jgen62 Posts: 66
    Options
    bump for later
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I'll reply later guys
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Here is the usage :

Ya I have noo idea what to do with this??? Super dumb question :(

Just fill the red fiels, you'll have your maintenance, your TDEE, a calculated deficit and exceed (for gaining)

QUOTE:

Ok, I've read all 15 pages on the thread, downloaded the spreadsheet and plugged in my number:

Weight 73.94 (163lbs)
    Height 167.65 (66 inches)
    Age 51 (old by both systems)
    Activity Level 1.5
    Body Fat 31.4% (high, but that's what my scale says)
    Current (average) calorie intake: 1400-1500
    IF only: OFF days diff (10: 10% under ON days) - I honestly have no idea what that means

History: Lost 75# over 8 years ago. Trying since June 2011 to lose last 20#. Lost whopping 5# in 8 months on Lose It. Switched to MFP 2 weeks ago. Want to lose the last 15#. I'm constantly gaining and losing the same 3#.

Activity: 6-7 hours working out a week - every week for years. Mostly interval work with HIIT and weight lifting
    Burn 3800-5000 calories every week based on HRM
    Desk job 40 hours a week

MFP sets me at 1230 a day to lose 1# a week.

Katch-McArdle:
    BMR 1466
    Maintenance 2198
    Cut 15%: 1869

I could seriously lose weight eating 450 more calories day!?!?!?!? Surely I did something wrong. This scares the #$%@ out of me.

If I find the courage to try this and it works, you will be my hero!!!

Let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I'm spreadsheet phobic.

Thanks so much for this tool and your patience over 15 pages of questions.

Here are the figures you'd be interested by :
    "Mifflin-St Jeor (FOR WOMEN)"
    BMR 1 375
    Maintenance 2 062
    Cut (@ 15%) 1 753
    Build (@ 15%) 2 371

Meaning : If you'd like to lose weight - set your goals with 1750 calories/ day, that would ensure around a lose of 1 lb/ week.
    - If you'd like to maintain your weight, eat around 2000 calories
    - If you'd like to gain weight (lean mass), eat around 2350 calories.

Use the chart called "Weight evolution (M-Stj formula) (FOR WOMEN)" in order to have a rough estimation of how your weight should evolve based on your current intakes.
    Weight yourself every week, same condition, first thing in the morning.
    #1 - If you are losing faster, I advide you to increase your intakes
    #2 - If you are losing slower/ not at all, you can safely decrease your intakes

Use the chart "My weight evolution" that you'd fill up every week - the "Deviance" column showw you the difference between your weight and the "expected" one

The "Weight gain/ loss factor (0,45 kg = 1 lb = 3500 calories)" is a chart which allows you to see how big is your difference based on the ideal values - eating 1500 calories for you is a 51% deficit. (- 0,51)
    definitely too big ;) ---> EAT MORE! (a safe, and long-term deficit is around 15-20%). For the record I maintained way too long a 60% deficit, my body is filling charges against me.

The "Macros repartition per day" chart is used for properly setting yout MFP goals (or goals in nutrient simply).
    I created three plans "Ideal" one : the one you'd tend to.
    For it I based the calculation on fat (non-compressible value, 20-30% of the instake)
    Completed with proteins (depending on your goals)
    Completed with carbs (less "usefull" nutrient since body can synthesize it)

Realistic plans : mine :)
    Alternative macros : suits for overweight people I think or some cases where there are important gaps betweens weight/ height/ activity level/ age)

IF : Usefull only for people who do Intermittent Fasting, the "IF only : OFF days diff (10 : 10% under ON days intakes) " allows IFers to specify how much their deficit should be during OFF days
    For IFers, also two simulators :

- One ON day - in accordance to Leangains regarding the nutrients repartition
    - Two OFF days - one in accordance to Leangains, one alternate where the dinner is the biggest intake (eg family dinner)
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I plugged my numbers in (hopefully right) and got BMR 1759 TDEE 2639 and to lose 2243. Is that right? Sounds like an awful lot. I am 5 foot 7, and weigh 231.4. I am 39, and used 1.5 for the activity level. I am on disability, so am mostly sedentary except for planned exercise that is usually 30 minutes to an hour of walking 3.0-3.5 mph with our dog daily. It looks like I did it right, but the numbers are higher than I expected...

Can someone check for me?
  • GlorytoGodalone400
    Options
    Bump! Super helpful! Thank you! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    bump
  • blturner1
    blturner1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Downloaded it so I could play around with it later :)
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    sure let me know - so I could maybe update the formulas - the first part being the load - in calories - 1 lb of pure fat represent - and how it goes across the weight loss

I suppose the difficulty is, I don't eat exactly the same calories every day, so it's never going to be perfect, but I will try to enter the weekly average as the calories consumed, and work out a way to check the results.

Forgot to update you on this.

I have tracked this since the 9th March - 7 weeks.

I originally put my activity level at 1.3, as I am at a computer all day and just exercise 3 days a week - and then only a little.
    (run 30 minutes 3 times a week, plus do a bit of strength training)

Putting my activity level at 1.3, it gives me an allowance of 1499 for the 15% cut using Katch McArdle.

I've been eating at 1600, and my loss compared to the evolution is -2.3%. I've lost 4lb more than the evolution thinks I should have lost.

to get the deviance to zero (well, -0.1%) I have to change my activity factor to 1.5, at which stage it tells me I have a 21% defict eating 1600.

So, I am happy with the results, and have accepted that I am more active than I thought I was.

Question - your BMR and bodyfat changes as you lose weight, so how often would you re-calculate this?

EDIT : I've now reset it, with my current weight and BF%, and the new activity levelof 1.5, and we'll see how it tracks this time. :)
  • sal82
    sal82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    With this method we DON"T eat back our exercise calories do we? They are already factored in right? I'm trying to sort out my activity level properly. I'm a mum who works part time at an animal pound and when i work out I use my heart rate monitor and come in at between 2000-3500 calories burned from exercise per week. Any thoughts anyone?
  • josol1971
    josol1971 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mollyquewl
    Options
    Thank you!

bump
  • mylildeva
    mylildeva Posts: 11
    Options
    bump....um how do i find the spreadsheet?
  • Package02
    Package02 Posts: 97
    Options
    bump....um how do i find the spreadsheet?

One page one here you can see where it says this thread is continued from a previous thread. Click that link there and it'll take you back to the previous thread in which the spreadsheet is included