Bump
  • siriusalien
    siriusalien Posts: 207
    Options
    OK, I know I must be an idiot but........I can't find it
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    This is the most confusing thing I've ever seen in my life.

Tell me ? :)
  • nheilweil
    nheilweil Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump for later! looks awesome and like I'll have to decipher how to use it!
  • ReggieGail
    ReggieGail Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Help out a newby, please? Yes, I know that my profile shows that I started in summer of 2011, but my daughter was hopeful that I would start. I couldn't seem to make it happen. Now, I want to get started out right and am confused/overwhelmed with all of the information out here. I'm not sure how much I should be eating, how MFP tracks and recommends eating net, etc. If you could make it crystal clear and custom for me, I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

My stats:

Female
    Height: 5' 2''
    Current Weight: 157
    BMR: 1240
    activity level: Sedentary to semi

Goal weight: 135
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sweiland1
    sweiland1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Help out a newby, please? Yes, I know that my profile shows that I started in summer of 2011, but my daughter was hopeful that I would start. I couldn't seem to make it happen. Now, I want to get started out right and am confused/overwhelmed with all of the information out here. I'm not sure how much I should be eating, how MFP tracks and recommends eating net, etc. If you could make it crystal clear and custom for me, I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

My stats:

Female
    Height: 5' 2''
    Current Weight: 157
    BMR: 1240
    activity level: Sedentary to semi

Goal weight: 135

Hi :-)
    Here are your stats
    BMR 1 241
    Maintenance 1 490
    Cut (@ 15%) 1 192

You could try to pu your goals to 1200 calories, for such weight loss, if you want to prevent any skin and health issues, count 4 or 5 months for achieve that goal. As for the intakes, you could try 45% carbs, 25% proteins and 30% fat :-)
  • annikk
    annikk Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks a lot for this, it is both very informative and very easy to use :)

I have a question about activity levels, however. I have a desk job, but I jog (@ 8,5kph) for 20-30 min / 4 times a week + have 1 hour of yoga/pilates classes / 3-4 times a week. Which level of activity does it correspond to?
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Thanks a lot for this, it is both very informative and very easy to use :)

I have a question about activity levels, however. I have a desk job, but I jog (@ 8,5kph) for 20-30 min / 4 times a week + have 1 hour of yoga/pilates classes / 3-4 times a week. Which level of activity does it correspond to?
    I'd shot for 1,40, 1,45.
    go for 1.45. If the weight doesn't move, go for 1.40
  • lmdou110
    lmdou110 Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    nice spreadsheet :) thanks
  • annikk
    annikk Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks again :)
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the spreadsheet, it helps with what I've been looking for!

I have a question about activity level.

I have a very sedentary desk job. However I do 1 hour of zumba, twice a week, 30 minutes of strength training, twice a week, and I lightly jog for about 20-30 minutes, around twice a week... where exactly does that fall?

Also, I'm 174 lbs and 5'6 and I've been netting around 1300 calories a day.. (which seems too little by this sheet) and I've been stuck at this weight for about 3 weeks now.. so, if I increased my calories, could it actually help me to start losing again? I'm a little afraid to up my calories if I'm not even losing as it is.
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Thanks for the spreadsheet, it helps with what I've been looking for!

I have a question about activity level.

I have a very sedentary desk job. However I do 1 hour of zumba, twice a week, 30 minutes of strength training, twice a week, and I lightly jog for about 20-30 minutes, around twice a week... where exactly does that fall?

Also, I'm 174 lbs and 5'6 and I've been netting around 1300 calories a day.. (which seems too little by this sheet) and I've been stuck at this weight for about 3 weeks now.. so, if I increased my calories, could it actually help me to start losing again? I'm a little afraid to up my calories if I'm not even losing as it is.

Try 1,5, 1,55 that should give you around 2400-2500 calories.

It is "scary" at first, but when you switch the mindset and see only food as a way to sustain your activities, you'll feel better
  • ReggieGail
    ReggieGail Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for helping me out! What does "cut" mean?
  • PercivalHackworth
    Options
    Thanks for helping me out! What does "cut" mean?

It's simply a deficit aimed to get of rid of fat - and preserving lean mass ^^
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    How do I find the spreadsheet? Would love to use it.

Thanks.