What do you put in your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• shellgirl144
    Options
    I put cinnamon and some raisins...no sugar. Then I put a small amount of almond milk in it.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I LOVE oatmeal! I always only cook it with water because I don't like milk, but here's the different ways I've done it.

Mixed with canned pumpkin, brown sugar, ground cinnamon & pumpkin pie spice
    Mixed with chocolate protein powder & peanut butter
    Mixed with ground cinnamon & a mashed up banana
    Mixed with chocolate chips/Reeses baking chips (for a sweet treat)

That's all that I can think of at the moment, but I'm always trying to think of new things to mix with my oatmeal.
  • BexRex0
    Options
    I usually don't put anything in my oatmeal but once in a while I put honey and raisins. Yumm
  • scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    blueberries
    cinnamon
    flax seed
    molasses
    almonds
    yummmmmmmmm
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    just a spoon.....

yeah..^this^ :laugh:
  • sarahhammons
    Options
    steal cut oats cinnamon frozen blueberries cherries and peaches.heat in microwave top off with stevea and vanilla almond milk.
  • bethieannie
    bethieannie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    apples and cinnamon, or ground flax seed and honey. My hubby and kids do Peanut Butter and honey
  • RedSheSaid
    RedSheSaid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have to watch my sugar, so I always make plain oatmeal.
    Then I stir in some Polanders cherry jelly
    or
    drizzle on some Cary's sugar free maple syrup
    or
    mix in a Tbsp of Sunspire vegan carob chips!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood, and time of day....

Blueberries, Protein powder, Peanutbutter, PB2, nuts, flax...
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I microwave 1/3 cup of frozen strawberries (from my garden) for 1 minute. Mash them with a potato masher, add 1/3 quick cooking oats and 2/3 cup water and a little bit of splenda. I microwave it for 1 minute 20 secs and it is yummy!:smooched:
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    cook it with raisins.

Then cream and brown sugar on top.
  • blueham5
    blueham5 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Fried in 1tsp of olive oil, topped with scrambled egg, parmesan, salt and pepper.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    1 TSP peanut butter and half a banana.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    1 tsp of brown sugar and 1 Tbsp of peanut butter in it and then sprinkle 1/2 Tbsp of mini chocolate chips on top
  • Ashraz
    Ashraz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with raisins,flaxseed,bluberries ( i keep changing the fruits )
  • Cross_fitter
    Options
    organic oats are a great start to the day especially if you are off to the gym or going for a run or exercising somehow...blueberries are great for antioxidants...it's a great idea not to add sugar! sugar leads to wanting more sugar and it really inhibits weight loss. Cinnamon is a great natural metabolism burner.:)
  • mjmlodge
    Options
    raisins and almonds, a splash of cool soymilk over the top. always and forever. i love you, oatmeal breakfast.
  • jadedsoul
    Options
    For those of us who have very little time to cook/prep in the mornings.....what about Quaker's "Lower Sugar" Instant Oatmeal. Apples & Cinnamon, heated with WATER ONLY = 110 calories.

I'm curious then, what's the calorie count for those of you who do NOT use the instant and are adding other ingredients (fruits, flax, etc)?
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump - great ideas I am going to try! Thanks
  • momuv3princesses
    momuv3princesses Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Apple (I cook the apple with the oatmeal), cottage cheese, a little brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and a little milk! It is delicious and I don't even like cottage cheese!! My mom said it is an old Diet Workshop recipe and she has always made it this way for us. It is soooo yummy! My kids love it too! Fruit can be substituted for your favorite.