Replies

• O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Maple syrup,flaxseed,almonds and sometimes yogurt and blueberries
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    flaxseed, chia seed or hemp seed, almonds, honey, raisins.
  • speedmuffin
    Options
    Bananas!

But I like all the other ideas, I'm going to have to try them sometime
  • mjmlodge
    Options
    my goal is a breakfast that's about 300 calories. so i get about 130 cals in my oatmeal, 100 in my raw almonds, 50/50 in my raisins and soymilk splash. i like to add the almonds to the oatmeal during the last bit of cooking so it kind of softens the almond. i dunno, i love cooked nuts for some reason, it seems almost buttery. also, i used to do an instant, organic, blueberry oatmeal that was DELICIOUS but finally read the label and the sugar content is too high for a meal for me. so i had to give it up. that being said, i firmly believe oatmeal, period, is a wonderful food, however you can get it.
  • mjmlodge
    Options
    darn, sorry, this was supposed to be a reply to lady who asked about the calorie content compared to her instant 110 cal oatmeal. still learning the tools. let's see where this post ends up :P
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. Mmmm...so good.
  • hennaqueen1
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of oatmeal, but when I do eat it I like blueberries and about a tablespoon of maple syrup w/ a splash of low fat milk.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    In my oatmeal (plain old steel-cut, rolled oats), I put a tsp of flaxseed, a tsp of millet, 4 blueberries, 4 raspberries, 4 blackberries (I don't know why 4 lol), a half a banana, a tsp of honey and quite a bit of cinnamon... cooked in hot water.

I also have a half cup of scrambled egg whites on the side.
  • yag1630
    Options
    Oatmeal - always a breakfast meal for me
    - sometimes I put ;
    1. Banana
    2. Hershey cocoa
    3. Cinnamon
    4. Hard Boiled Egg
    5. Milo
    6. Apple
    7. Marsh mallow
    8. Wheat bread
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    2 Tbsp Peanut Butter and 1 Tbsp Grape Jam. Thank me later.
  • Reen456
    Options
    I make a large batch of steel cut oatmeal every weekend and store it in individual containers. Then I "mix it up" every morning with a variety of toppings. Right now, my favorite is 2 ounces of craisins with 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts and 1/2 cup of milk. Delicious and nutritious!!
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I had no idea there was this whole oatmeal subculture out there.. good ideas guys. :)
  • dancin2011
    dancin2011 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I eat this every single day...sometimes twice! I like it with blueberries or sometimes half a banana, splenda, and a little skim milk. Love it!
  • kateblue72
    Options
    I don't like to add the sugar ... since I really don't need it, but one way it seems sweet, is when I add one of those peaches packed in water cups - yummy sweet and makes the oatmeal not so thick :)
  • LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump (I know, the thread has pretty much died but I just had to remember this)
  • tcrotsley
    tcrotsley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Learned this trick from Weight Watchers, I add 1/4c of unsweetened applesauce, splenda and cinnamon to taste...my daughter loves it that way too.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    this morning i did half a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and a tablespoon of peanut butter <3
    my kids like cinnamon or grape jelly in theirs.
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, soy milk, banana, raisins, apples, honey. I don't add all this at once but a variation of those.
  • KristenLynn87
    KristenLynn87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I cut up pieces of banana with blueberries!
  • RachCVT
    Options
    cranberries, allspice, nutmeg cinnamon, pecans, little bit o' brown sugar