Angry Deleted Fitness Pals?

Options
MsQt
MsQt Posts: 793 Member
Wow, isn't it something that when you delete pals that just don't have a good connection with you and they turn and send you hate messages? It's it something that they go out of their way to secretly make a hate statuses about you? Isn't it something how they are still able to follow your journey and make side way comments discounting what you have done? I only keep pals that go hard in the gym or at with at home working outs, are serious able their clean eating, and exchange mega support back and forth. If you post comments about inappropriate things, it's my right to not carry on in conversation or delete you if I see it fit. Yes we all share other things that goes on in our lives because through out this lifestyle/journey we will make friends; but some things are completely unnecessary. I use this site for what is was created for. I track my meals, greet and support my friends, log my workouts, share my success, give tips when I can, and try to lead by example. I've been on this site for a year now and have met many people and I'm thankful for that! I'm happy with how far I've come and cheer on those who are doing just as well; not try to shoot them down. I always give credit when it's due. I don't think it's right at all for you to follow me around through shared friends just so you can try to find something wrong which you won't so you compensate by make things up as you go; but I guess that's called free speech. I say put a little more effort into you and then you'll be happier with yourself. This is how you distinguish the pro's from the wanna be's! I only keep pro's and pro's in progress so that's why you're deleted. Good day!

Replies

• myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    If you feel you're being harassed, you could try messaging one of the moderators; they might be able to help.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I have done this before... not to you... however... guilty as charged... as far as I know it doesn't break the rules if you call said person out in your own status or blogs... only if you do it on the message boards.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Meh. I don't think I care enough. I know why I am on here, if you want to show support, your gone. That easy.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    It isn't the people who do that who surprise me, creeps are everywhere, it's the ones who go along. I mean REALLY??!! This isn't Jr. High. Do these people have a brain of their own and are this person's values and goals what they're willing to settle for? Because I'm not.

Edit to add: BTW go you for sticking to your goals for so long and develping standards for yourself and the people around you.
  • Cindy_Fit4Life
    Cindy_Fit4Life Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    SMH, some people never grow up!

Food for thought:
    "If people talk behind your back it's because you're ahead of them"
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    So sorry Mel you have to go through any of this! This is a place to be supportive and to help reach our goals. I think you are wonderful friend on here :) Keep being your wonderful self!
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Sorry...if you DO NOT want to show support..lol
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If someone is the type of person to do that sort of stuff, you don't want to be friends with them in the first place.

You were smart to ditch them. You don't need that type of drama.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Or when someone just tries to add you in general and you decline them? Sorry, I did not read in the MFP rules just because someone request to be your friend you have t oadd them. I personally have only females on my friends list.. except one. So when a guy tries to add me I decline. I have had 3 diffrent instances where I got a rude email back. Sorry but nothing against you, just my personal preference to have females only.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    That's just ridiculous and childish. You can chose to keep or delete whoever you want. If I were you, I would have an issue with mutual friends allowing the bashing of you or sideways comments about you on their page. Obvious, you push past the negativity and produce results. Keep on keeping on girl :)
  • MsQt
    Options
    It isn't the people who do that who surprise me, creeps are everywhere, it's the ones who go along. I mean REALLY??!! This isn't Jr. High. Do these people have a brain of their own and are this person's values and goals what they're willing to settle for? Because I'm not.

Edit to add: BTW go you for sticking to your goals for so long and develping standards for yourself and the people around you.

Agreed! I amazes me how many people reply to the messiness; which only encourages the mess starter to continue with this daily.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I never delete anyone. I happy with my MFP friends but if they feel the need to delete me for their own reasons I wouldn't let it bother me much. I am slowly getting to the right place with exercise and diet, and I repeat slowly. I am not a big rah rah guy as far as posting on everyone's update statuses but I read them all and wish them all well through their journey. I hope that makes me a good enough MFP friend for some.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Interesting dilemma. I have just recently joined and I have thought (not that it will happen) what do I do if I actually end up with so many friends that I can't keep up and give them the attention they deserve? I know on Facebook, it becomes extremely difficult (at least for me) to follow the comments of so many people at times. I am not an avid Facebooker, so maybe I just haven't figured it out. I definately wouldn't want to insult/offend/hurt anyone here by "unfriending" them. I enjoy their support. Something to ponder. talking trash and abuse belittles the person doing the talking.
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Food for thought:
    "If people talk behind your back it's because you're ahead of them"
    [/quote]

Yup, that's right.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    :noway:, people really do this?
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    This is not real life. It's not like you know them in person & tell them you won't be their friend. I don't know why people care so much & take friending sites (Facebook, MFP) so seriously. It's not life or death.
  • MsQt
    Options
    Or when someone just tries to add you in general and you decline them? Sorry, I did not read in the MFP rules just because someone request to be your friend you have t oadd them. I personally have only females on my friends list.. except one. So when a guy tries to add me I decline. I have had 3 diffrent instances where I got a rude email back. Sorry but nothing against you, just my personal preference to have females only.

I only have females pals.
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Some people just need to put a little more effort into them and then maybe they will not have so much time to spread messiness throughout:grumble: but we do live with unhappy people in the world and sometimes they like to find others and share that unhapiness:devil: they just betta not come over here with that mess:laugh: :happy: :tongue:

P.S. I think you are the best:flowerforyou:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Much easier with the approach I take. I try and get my friends to delete me.