Angry Deleted Fitness Pals?

Options

Replies

• mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It's like junior high all over again, huh? For some people, the internet is their life. They take it all waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously, IMHO.
  • whit1108
    Options
    I had the same problem once. I had a friend that posted something about her and her losing weight and i gave her good remarks back and also I shared my success and something i was going through and instead of that person being supportive and maybe concerned and helping me and talk to me between me and her she thought it was a good idea to tell me i had an eating disorder so like 15 ppl could read it and then tell me the only reason i share my weight loss is to get attention and make her feel like ****. When that is not what i was doing at all. The convo got way out of hand and it ended us being not on good terms right now and her unfriended me. This website is suppose to use for tracking good and sharing things no matter if they things you need help with and being there for your friends through there ups and downs with weight loss cause it is a huge mind game. Hopefully one day we can talk it out and explain each side of the eachothers storys.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    SMH, some people never grow up!

Food for thought:
    "If people talk behind your back it's because you're ahead of them"

Love it!
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    My month and a half experience has been drama free thankfully. I have deleted people along the way, but they hadn't logged on in weeks. I could probably trim a lot of folks I don't interact with.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    That's just ridiculous and childish. You can chose to keep or delete whoever you want. If I were you, I would have an issue with mutual friends allowing the bashing of you or sideways comments about you on their page. Obvious, you push past the negativity and produce results. Keep on keeping on girl :)

^^^^
    This too!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I had someone delete me -- but before doing so, post on my wall, "Im deleting you because I don't like your eating habits and think you are anorexic. bye"

First I was like: :indifferent: and then I was like :mad:

I called the person out on my wall.

If you did something similar, then I think you got what you asked for.

If you simply deleted the people without feeling the need to say why they weren't good enough to be your friends, then...yeah...good for you. You don't want those kinds of friends anyway! :smile:

ps: I'm not anorexic just to clarify. I was eating less than 1,200 calories because I'm a legal midget and have never been *that* large.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I deleted one of my "best friends of 16 years" because she was never on here and I got tired of the "So and So hasn't logged in for blah days, she may need some encouragement". She never mentioned that she knew I deleted her, but apparently stalked my blogs in secret and then used my words of "being so damn tired of the BS excuses people make in their lives" as all about her... People can be crazy... it is what it is :blushing:
  • mrstotal180
    mrstotal180 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WOW, people take this deleting thing way too seriously!! I have been deleted by a couple of pals who for some reason or another feel that I am not good enough to be their pal...Those are just the folks that I wish to no longer associate with anyway, so no rejection feelings here. I never message them, look for them or anything else again. There are too many awesome pals with awesome results that have the desire to motivate others without having their ego stroked on every post! I love MFP and would still log on if I had no pals on my profile, my schedule is unusual so I don't get the chance to participate on the site as much as I would like, but I joined for a reason and it's definitely not to be someones fan or apart of the in crowd. I want to send a BIG thanks to all my pals that hang in there with me that motivate and support me! I would rather you send me a personal message (one did) than QUIT me. For those that deleted me because I was good enough to Pal but not good enough to keep...THANKS...for QUITTING me....I don't need ya...because you have something I don't...There is no QUIT in me!!!!!!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    “Oh well, you smell” That’s what I tell people that get cranky after I’ve deleted them.

I actually do feel bad sometimes but as a wise friend once told, it’s your journey do what works for you….true story.

Nothing personal.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I had someone delete me -- but before doing so, post on my wall, "Im deleting you because I don't like your eating habits and think you are anorexic. bye"

If you simply deleted the people without feeling the need to say why they weren't good enough to be your friends, then...yeah...good for you. You don't want those kinds of friends anyway! :smile:

ps: I'm not anorexic just to clarify. I was eating less than 1,200 calories because I'm a legal midget and have never been *that* large.
    Ive never heard of that term 'legal midget', what does it mean?

thanks
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    People really get cranky when you delete them? Wow, kudos to my friends for being drama-free, I guess! I might notice if my number of friends dropped, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to find out who. I figure if someone deletes me they have their reasons, no big deal. I'm not a heavy hitter at the gym or a big cheerleader, but I try to give kudos for a job well done and comment on a status that strikes me.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    I never delete anyone. I happy with my MFP friends but if they feel the need to delete me for their own reasons I wouldn't let it bother me much. I am slowly getting to the right place with exercise and diet, and I repeat slowly. I am not a big rah rah guy as far as posting on everyone's update statuses but I read them all and wish them all well through their journey. I hope that makes me a good enough MFP friend for some.

Ditto! I think I just wrote your post in different words :laugh:
  • pinuplove
    Options
    Much easier with the approach I take. I try and get my friends to delete me.

Is It bad that that statement makes me want to add you? :devil:
  • Angela_Freeborn
    Options
    Mehh it happends to the best of us;) Im sure your a great person, just shrug it away and move on, honestly it just makes room for one more great supporter right :):)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    They're obviously jealous of your hard work.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Ive never heard of that term 'legal midget', what does it mean?

thanks

That's not the politically correct term anymore, but basically she means she is a little person or a dwarf. She is probably 4'11" or shorter. In which case, eating below 1200 would not be considered out of the ordinary.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Much easier with the approach I take. I try and get my friends to delete me.

LOL..I love your posts!
  • samandlucysmum
    Options
    When I joined, I accepted every female friend request, but along the way, I have knocked off some, not maliciously, just because, I could not relate to them and I found the news feeds too long to keep up with, I now only have friends of a similar weight to mine, who are in it for the long haul.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I have done this before... not to you... however... guilty as charged... as far as I know it doesn't break the rules if you call said person out in your own status or blogs... only if you do it on the message boards.

I guess since it doesn't break the rules then it's ok for you to talk badly about people and harass them?
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    How do you know someone deleted you and who it was? Sorry if this is a stupid question. :ohwell: