Foods i'm Proud I've Never Eaten

Options

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Just want to say this real fast: being proud of yourself isn't the same as feeling superior.
    That's all well and good, but then why would you be 'proud' to have never eaten something? I could see if you had a problem overeating some of these things and managed to quit...sure that's a proud moment...but to feel proud for something you've never even had? That's pretty much acting holier than thou.

You're damn right I'm smug...proud...whatever you want to call it. But this thread was taken wrong. Maybe I should of called it "Popular food I've never eaten" and then you wouldn't be so rude. Geesh guy, get off your high horse.
    Have a Whopper. :flowerforyou: I'd probably be rude anyhow, so don't go changing for me.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Sure go through my posts and find them. I bet you can't.

If your profile were not locked and I could go through your posts, I most certainly could find them. I've been around here for a while and have seen it happen on many occasions.
    Click the number under his profile picture...then be awed by my hacker skills to know such things.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Just want to say this real fast: being proud of yourself isn't the same as feeling superior.
    That's all well and good, but then why would you be 'proud' to have never eaten something? I could see if you had a problem overeating some of these things and managed to quit...sure that's a proud moment...but to feel proud for something you've never even had? That's pretty much acting holier than thou.

You're damn right I'm smug...proud...whatever you want to call it. But this thread was taken wrong. Maybe I should of called it "Popular food I've never eaten" and then you wouldn't be so rude. Geesh guy, get off your high horse.

You go on and be smug! :drinker: I would be DAMN proud of myself if I could say that I've never eaten any of those foods. Kudos to you!!!
  • RemDogzMa
    RemDogzMa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1. Lunchables
    2. Kung Pao Chicken
    3. Deep Fried "County Fair" Food - (i.e. deep fried twinkies, etc.)
    4. Taco Bell
    5. Anything that you can "steam" in a bag. The plastic and the heat mixed together makes me nervous.
    6. Splenda, Truvia, Sweet N Low. (However I did use the blue packets of Equal back in the late 80's) :embarassed:
  • Eva_H
    Eva_H Posts: 15
    Options
    1. Hamburger Helper
    2. Big Mac and/or Whopper
    3. Double Down Chicken Sandwich from KFC
    4. Big n Tasty from DD
    5. A McDonalds breakfast
    6. Stouffer's frozen meals (other than lasagna but that was a mistake on my part)
    7. Spam

I've only eaten 3 of those items listed, although I don't see why I should feel pride over that.
    I eat tripe on a regular basis (mmm...menudo). Iv'e also tried cow tongue, pigs feet and cow brains and various organ meats. The cow brains were disgusting, but I liked everything else. I'll try most foods at least once.
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    1. Hamburger Helper
    2. Big Mac and/or Whopper
    3. Double Down Chicken Sandwich from KFC
    4. Big n Tasty from DD
    5. A McDonalds breakfast
    6. Stouffer's frozen meals (other than lasagna but that was a mistake on my part)
    7. Spam

1. My family used to serve this when I was living at home. I remember it being very salty.
    2. You aren't missing anything. Big Mac = gross. Whopper = not so great, either.
    3. What is that? *Googles* Oh my...oh my god, what the...that is scary!!
    4. Had to Google this one, too. Looks like it would be pretty dry. :P
    5. I used to get these as a treat before swim meets when I was younger, and they always made me sick. Not sure why I kept getting them. :P
    6. I used to get Lean Cuisine stuff during my lunch break when I worked at the mall, on days when I was too rushed to hit up the sandwich place. Generally did not like them, but they did the trick.
    7. You aren't missing anything. Blerchhhhh.

My list:

1. a Filet-o'-Fish
    2. Luncheon Holiday Meat -- the name grosses me out!

At my job, a popular cultural food is Spam and Tomatoes. It grosses me out every time. It's fried spam with stewed tomatoes. *shiver*

I must google Luncheon Holiday Meat....Ooh it's similar to spam. Icks
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I've eaten dog treats. Some are pretty good. Some are butt nasty. I've eaten horse treats too. They suck. I tasted the chicken toothpaste I use on my dogs' teeth. It doesn't taste like chicken. It's nasty.

There are lots of things I haven't tried but pretty much only because the opportunity has not presented itself. There are many many foods that sound hideous that I would love to try. I've heard that mountain lion is damn tasty and if ever given the opportunity I will try it. If I ever see one while I'm deer hunting I'll shoot it and eat it. Nothing wrong with ANY kind of cougar hunting.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

You go on and be smug! :drinker: I would be DAMN proud of myself if I could say that I've never eaten any of those foods. Kudos to you!!!

I wouldn't be proud if I hadn't eaten any of these foods, I'd feel awkward & left out.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    would you people listen to yourselves?

not stop arguing on a bloody message board that is intended for support.

you sound like total *kitten* hats.

good god.:huh: :grumble:
  • _Shelley_
    Options

Have a Whopper. :flowerforyou: I'd probably be rude anyhow, so don't go changing for me.

I only make changes for myself, not others. But your attitude isn't exactly welcoming to people who are posting here for support and guidance.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Wow. I thought teenagers were bad. This thread is like a train wreck. I just can't stop myself from peeking again and again. I need to do something more productive, like poke myself in the eye. :noway:
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options

Most of us are just professional forum trolls. :smokin:
  • tcdawley78
    tcdawley78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Human flesh. I guess....I mean, not that I wouldn't, if I was hungry....or really bored...and the guy next to me was asleep....or a slower runner than I am....you know, things happen....
    Lmao... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

Okay, just in the past week, from 02/10/12 to the present, not counting this one, there have been 10 seperate instances of you acting like the opposition to YOUR ideals is inferior. And I am not counting ones where you engaged in this between one other person for multiple entries, 10 SEPERATE instances. I will be more than happy to message you the list if you feel it will do you any good towards becoming a nicer person. You probably shouldnt bet on things where the odds are stacked against you.
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

^^^THIS
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Okay, just in the past week, from 02/10/12 to the present, not counting this one, there have been 10 seperate instances of you acting like the opposition to YOUR ideals is inferior. And I am not counting ones where you engaged in this between one other person for multiple entries, 10 SEPERATE instances. I will be more than happy to message you the list if you feel it will do you any good towards becoming a nicer person. You probably shouldnt bet on things where the odds are stacked against you.

Sure lets see your definition.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options

I gotta admit I was nosey and looked through his posts. I didn't see anything like you are describing. But I DO see you here telling someone to STFU and arguing with multiple people. Im not friends with either of you just throwing out an objective observation. Do what you will with it.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I"m proud of the things that have eaten me, but i'm even more proud of what hasn't eaten me..

But, i've never been too proud to take a lick or two.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options

I only make changes for myself, not others. But your attitude isn't exactly welcoming to people who are posting here for support and guidance.

^^ neither is your attitude.. like, who cares what you have or haven't eaten? It doesn't change the person you are, regardless of what you might think.. .get over yourself.. There, said it..
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options

You seem to know so much about him.... this is not grade school, if you have a crush, just say it. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.