Foods i'm Proud I've Never Eaten

Options

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    My niece & nephew have never had the food you listed....and guess what...they don't like it b/c they've never had it and they're far from deprived.

"How do you know you don't like it if you've neverrr evennnn trieddddd ittttt?" - George Carlin, Carlin at Carnegie

US+Comedy+Arts+Festival.JPG
  • johnnythrash
    johnnythrash Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've never eaten magic mushrooms or LSD

But I have had everything on that list at least once and am proud to say that I'm still alive and those things are not the reason I'm here and needing to lose weight.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My first question is are you human?

Now I will list foods I'm proud I've never eaten:

Eyeballs
    Cow Balls
    Cow Tongue
    Cats
    Dogs

I stand with OneDay! I cannot imagine never having experienced a Big Mac or Beef Stroganoff Hamburger Helper. Granted, I may have one or the other like every 6 months, but still. A Big Mac is a tiny little slice of heaven

.... I'll pass on the eyeballs, cow balls and spam, though.

Now, Vienna Sausage: oh, yeah, baby. :drinker:
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I don't eat seafood of any kind, I've had a shrimp or two forced on me in my life but I hate it! Not "proud" of it, but living in Florida not liking seafood is the exception.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    1. Hamburger Helper - some are pretty good
    2. Big Mac and/or Whopper - Big Macs suck...never having a Whopper is kind of sad :(
    3. Double Down Chicken Sandwich from KFC - meh...me either
    4. Big n Tasty from DD - not had this either
    5. A McDonalds breakfast - the biscuits and gravy is really good
    6. Stouffer's frozen meals (other than lasagna but that was a mistake on my part) - I'm sure I've had some of the them at some point
    7. Spam - fried spam sandwich...mmm :)

I've had about everything as I'm not that picky (although I am much more health oriented now). But never had pickled pigs feet and never will....eww....
  • SuziQ89
    Options
    Steak
    Big Mac
    Haggis
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am kinda more proud that I can have some of these things from time to time and still lose weight and kick *kitten* in the gym.

Egg-zactly. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    -=Hangs head in shame=-

I have eaten every single one of those at least once...
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    1. Hamburger Helper
    2. Big Mac and/or Whopper
    3. Double Down Chicken Sandwich from KFC
    4. Big n Tasty from DD
    5. A McDonalds breakfast
    6. Stouffer's frozen meals (other than lasagna but that was a mistake on my part)
    7. Spam

Me too and I am 60.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Chitterlings (Chit'lins)
    Pigs Feet, ear, tail, whatever
    Tongue
    Chicken Feet
    Tripe
    Rocky Mountain Oysters
    Etc.
    Etc.
    Etc.
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburger. I am a foodie and have eaten so many different foods, and I've never had a cheeseburger. I had my first hot dog a couple months ago...Never again!

WHAT?? HOLLY COW!! (No pun intended :laugh: ) I love me a good cheeseburger! I can go without cow any other way, but cheeseburger, especially on a grill..........YUM
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm now craving some Menudo (tripe) and tacos de lengua (cow tongue). It's a Mexican thing I know.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome you've never eaten those things and as usual for a "diet & fitness" site, you're being criticized for it.
    Besides, spam I have had everything on that list...wait, never KFC....either way, I refuse to eat any of that garbage now lol

My niece & nephew have never had the food you listed....and guess what...they don't like it b/c they've never had it and they're far from deprived.
    She's not being criticized for eating more healthy....she's being criticized for feeling smug because of her food choices. It is kind of like enjoying the smell of your own farts.
    Why you have to get all serious on us? Everyone knows the smell of your own farts is a personal thing.

He's just jealous because my farts smell better.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    PECAN PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know that if i try it, there is a good chance i will

LOVE IT

and that would be BAD.

hahahah

i have avoided this pie for years.... and i will continue to do so,
    it may be the downfall of me one day
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'm now craving some Menudo (tripe) and tacos de lengua (cow tongue). It's a Mexican thing I know.

I am SAD that I have never tried lengua. My mom has made it a few times and I always am out of town when she does. :sad:
    I have never liked menudo, but I LOVE pozole. :love:
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Having been a starving college student not living with the parental units, I've eaten every cheap food you could imagine.
    Hamburger Helper ...hells yea bring it on! HH was livin large back then.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    1. Hamburger Helper
    2. Big Mac and/or Whopper
    3. Double Down Chicken Sandwich from KFC
    4. Big n Tasty from DD
    5. A McDonalds breakfast
    6. Stouffer's frozen meals (other than lasagna but that was a mistake on my part)
    7. Spam

I've never eaten 2, 3, 4 or 7, but not because I was too busy eating skinless chicken breast, kale and protein shakes. At KFC, I will always pick an extra-crispy chicken breast. YUM! At McD's - a QPC and fries. Also, YUM! I have no idea what Big n Tasty or DD are. I don't think we have that where I live. And Spam... no one has ever offered it to me, ever.

In college, we lived on frozen Stouffer's meals and Hamburger Helper. It was cheap and easy. I didn't have a weight problem at all then, either.
  • NegativeX
    Options
    I've ate every nasty food on the face of the planet... do I regret it? **** no.

I'm in the best shape of my life and learned those foods are not cohesive to my current life style.

I don't think I'd be able to be as well rounded with my nutrition unless I experienced what it is like to eat like crap.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    5 Guys anything . . . hubby won't even let me experience it :tongue:

OMG...the cajun fries are to die for and I don't eat fries!!! What do you mean he wont let you? Are you being held captive? I just don't understand it when people say that.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome you've never eaten those things and as usual for a "diet & fitness" site, you're being criticized for it.
    Besides, spam I have had everything on that list...wait, never KFC....either way, I refuse to eat any of that garbage now lol

She's not being criticized for eating more healthy....she's being criticized for feeling smug because of her food choices. It is kind of like enjoying the smell of your own farts.

How is she being smug? She's proud and that makes her smug?
    Now if she had posted "I'm proud I ate a Big Mac and still lost weight" everyone would be cheering her on
This discussion has been closed.