30 day shred starting on Monday 20th Feb...any takers??

Options

Replies

• niightwind
    Options
    I just did my 4th day right now actually! I feel amazing.
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I started this yesterday (Feb 20th)! Anyone feel free to add me as I would love to hear how everyone else is doing that started about the same time as me. I took before pictures so i'm determined to have great results to show them off...
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS today but I really want to try the 6 Week Six-Pack! My husband and I just started lifting 5x a week, and I'm doing cardio at the gym on the other two days. I'm planning on doing 30DH on my gym cardio nights.
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've started it twice but both times I was so sore on the second day my legs would not cooperate.... so I've been going to the gym regularly and may be ready to try it again!
  • SandRsMommy
    Options
    I have it on my list to find my copy today and get my butt started!!! Does anyone change between levels or anything if they do it two or more days in a row? Last time I was doing it I did it every other day because I know it isn't good to work the same muscle groups two days in a row. I thought about either switching between levels each day or doing it every other day again....not sure which I will do.
  • abbeyl11
    Options
    OK I totally need to kick myself in the butt and make it happen tonight! I HAVE to get through the whole thing!! I wish I knew how many calories I would burn, maybe it's time to get a HRM for exercise. I don't want to wear one all day because I don't eat back my calories and don't want to track regular activity as calories burned...those are just bonus for me.

I'm so sick of being fat!!!!!!! I need to do this whether it hurts or not...I feel much better today than I did yesterday so I think a day break for me in the beginning will work. I'll try to do 30DS every other day and run on the opposite days. It's hard for me to get onto this discussion board so please friend me people!! I want to see status updates of other people doing it for motivation!!!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    just started the 30 day shred yesterday! Great, quick workout. My legs are really sore, but the rest of me is OK! I am up for the challenge again tonight after work. Good Luck all of you 30DS'ers
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    I'm starting soon, please feel free to add me! DVD should come tomorrow.
  • luvmypwds
    Options
    I'm planning on starting tomorrow!

I'm a little skeptical that in 20 minutes I can get a good workout, but I'm definitely willing to give it a go. I have a very active background, as I've done numerous half marathons and a half-ironman, so I'm used to training for up to 4 hours a day. Due to health reasons I've had to stop working out, but as my health improves, I'd like to start back on a good cardio program. I've read so many positive things about this program, which is why I bought it. I'll post tomorrow again to let you all know what I think!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    day 2 level 1 done
  • claireb12
    claireb12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well, Day 2 done along with Day 2 of Turbo Jam, I'm definately not there with the press ups just yet and can only do the press up where I'm kneeling but hopefully at the end of Level 1 I can do a proper press up - 28 days to go.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I thought it wouldn't hurt as much the second time around, but DAMN!

I'm alternating the shred with c25k - last night I was a good 10 minutes into my run before my glutes stopped complaining. This morning my quads and shoulders have something to say.

Like her or loathe her, JM knows what she is doing!
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just joined MFP and really started logging my intake and exercise a little more than a week ago. Been running on the treadmill but I decided, because of all the good I hear about it, to do the 3DSH. Did the first one yesterday. My legs were like JELLO!! Dang near fell going down the steps on the way into work last night, however, I can't wait to get off work and go do day 2. Gonna take some measurements when I get home too. Best of luck to everyone. Feel free to add me as I can use all the motivation and support I can get in my quest to lose 60lbs!!

17413056.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    did L1D1 last night... ow ow ow ow! I hadn't realised how out of shape I'd gotten since before Christmas :sad: :sad: :sad:

I am going to try and do this every day as I'm finding if I give myself days off I find it harder to stick with it.
  • kellylea87
    kellylea87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm back with day 2 today as I'm doing one day on one day off (though my day off will include either zumba or walking).

I'm feeling pretty rubbish after eating lots of pancakes yday, being about a week away from my wedding dress fitting and still the same size as when I ordered it, kicking myself for ordering the uk size 10 when my waist is an inch too big for a 10.

I just need some motivation. :(
  • dublinrose
    dublinrose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done and all I can say is ouch! Today has been the hardest day so far.

My legs were really hurting this morning and I found the first round of cardio really difficult. I hope that my muscles start to calm down soon.
  • redstilettos
    Options
    Hi I'm new :)
    I started today! Well, I started last week and then ached for three days so properly starting today LOL!!
  • gigglepiggle
    gigglepiggle Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I did day one on Monday and day two today, I really didn't think that 20mins could be so much hard work. Jumping Jacks just about kill me. No pain no gain as they say :)
  • gvsu4msu
    Options
    Day #3 this morning....and it is getting a little easier. Getting used to the rhthym, and hope to catch up to the pace. Calves are about the only real sore area today. I find that hydrating during the workout helps. A long way to go but if I get there, I know I have accomplished something.

Also doing 30 minutes on the elliptical at the evening.

Working through the thoughts of when a "break" should be to let the muscles recover....or is that not needed with this?
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday as well. It really wasn't so bad until I did day 2 yesterday. Talk about working through the pain! lol.

Feel free to add me to keep up with me!