30 day shred starting on Monday 20th Feb...any takers??

Options

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done and all I can say is ouch! Today has been the hardest day so far.

My legs were really hurting this morning and I found the first round of cardio really difficult. I hope that my muscles start to calm down soon.

Day 4 is def better!!! Day 3 was pure hell for me
  • lisali01
    lisali01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OK day2 level 1 done. So good so far. So nice to read updates to keep me motivated to stay with the program this time. Looking forward to day 3:smile:
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    L1D2 done today... ow ow ow hurt before I started but worked through the pain and feeling proud of myself now.

L1D3 tomorrow lol
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just done day 5 and feeling awesome! She's totally right when she says you notice the endurance go up. I worked out so much harder today than the other days, especially on the cardio :)
  • luvmypwds
    Options
    Did day 1 level 1 today. I found it quite easy. When are we suppose to go to level 2?
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Most people seem to be doing 10 days on each level, but just whenever you feel ready really
    I'm going to try switching it up on day 11 but will see how it goes
  • ekball
    ekball Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 3 for me hoping I can do it since my leg muscles are killing me. Feel free to add me, its a great work out!

Yes! The sides of my legs are killing me too - especially when I try to do the side lunges. Everything else is fine, but jus the sides. Do you have that pain as well?
  • __Jackie__
    __Jackie__ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Second round of the 30DS, day 2

Still pretty hard. My armpits hurt??
  • luvmypwds
    Options
    Thanks, maybe I will try level 2 sooner.
  • igibson2012
    Options
    can someone plz tell me the name of the dvd and where you buy it at?
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    It's called "30 Day Shred" by Jillian Michaels. It's for sale everywhere! Online; in stores; everywhere!

Go back through the thread to see where people have bought it - store names vary from country to country.
  • lisali01
    lisali01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 3 L1 done...Yayyy!!!!
  • gvsu4msu
    Options
    Today is supposed to be Day #4 of Level 1....I slept past the 6AM alarm. Debating if I should give it a go tonight or let my body rest and do a 45 elliptical workout instead? (So far this week I have been doing 30DS in the AM, and 30 minutes elliptical in the PM).
  • GloriaPenguin
    Options
    Started the 30 Day Shred today! Gonna do it every morning alongside some cardio - swimming once a week and an aerobics class four/five times a week, each for 45 mins! Very excited for 23rd of March when I can see the results! I will NOT skip a day :D
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4.

I don't know if it's me, but I feel more energized for the jump ropes on the third cycle than I do earlier in the workout.
  • luvmypwds
    Options
    What poundage are you guys using for dumbbells? I started with two each which was way easy, but the next size up I have re 7 lb and I found that too hard for certain exercises. I find the strength most difficult. The cardio is too easy for me, and so are the abs, but I'm on,y on level 1. So we'll see. I feel good after he workout though.
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Did day 3 today. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be considering how sore I am. It's killing my thighs though and those jump rope and butt kicks are HARD!! I did notice a difference in my balance today and it was just a little easier to get through than yesterday. Hoping for smooth sailing by Saturday!! Go Us!!
  • millikenhomeschool
    Options
    I have been using 5 pound weights. Those are ok for me most of the time. They are more difficult with the lateral arm raises. Somehow I really hurt one shoulder. I think if i'm sore tomorrow, I may need to use my 2 pounders just for that exercise. I just hiccupped and I could feel it in the shoulder. Strange.
  • kellylea87
    kellylea87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Day 3 on Level 1 for me today. I'm finding it so much easier to stick to one day on one day off. Yesterday I went for a good walk got nice and sweaty pushing the double pram as fast as I could, I was almost tempted to do the shred then thought save it for tomorrow.

When I did Day 2 I muted the TV and put the running trax cd on instead and for some reason I found it so much easier, especially the cardio.

My waist is also one inch down from drinking plenty of water, eating less junk and doing atleast 30 mins of exercise a day.

I'm avoiding the scales at all cost as from experience I go up when doing the shred.

:)
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done last night... am currently doing it first thing when I walk in after work... if I let myself sit down that'll be it... I'll make a like a lump and not get anything done LOL