30 day shred starting on Monday 20th Feb...any takers??

Options

Replies

• ourhennhouse
    ourhennhouse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Due to flu - just started day L1D1 on Thursday 2/23.

LOVE it, but I'm seriously lacking in jumping jack aerodynamics & push up abilities :)

Can't wait to try it again tonight.

I bought digital copy from Amazon so I can stream it via kindle fire, laptop or Roku
  • Barracuda365
    Options
    i really dont mean to sound sexist but is this video just for women.
    Also is it worth me doing this as i have been dieting and exercise for last 3 months and dropped 20lbs

thansk
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred on Feb 20th as well. I have completed it every day this week so far. Not sure if I am getting stronger or not. I had no idea my arms were so weak. I am using 3 lb weights and the front shoulder raise really does me in ever time. I am not able to get the weight up to eye level as she instructs! The first 3 days I was sore, but this is coming from someone who's only form of exercise over the last several years has been walking 2 miles 4-5 days per week. So I've got a long way to go.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Don't see any reason guys can't do this video too. And yes, it will benefit you. I have been doing Zumba 2x per week and Water Aerobics 2 x per week, plus walking every day and this video still kicked my butt!

I did D3L1 last night. I am less sore today than yesterday so looking forward to D4L1

Connie
  • JacksonMomto3
    Options
    Good Luck guys, I started on the 15th, getting ready to start Level 2 next week.
  • gvsu4msu
    Options
    Completed Day #4 Level one this AM. Unable to do D4L1 last night as we had to visit some friends in the hospital out of town. Got home around 10pm and that is a bit late to start working out.

So this AM I forced myself to get up and get the workout in. Body feel better after the day off and was able to get through this without too much stopping along the way. I can sense that my muscles are getting used to the moves. Now to keep going so I can be able to "proficiently" do all of the Level 1 exercises within the 10 day window.
  • gvsu4msu
    Options
    i really dont mean to sound sexist but is this video just for women.
    Also is it worth me doing this as i have been dieting and exercise for last 3 months and dropped 20lbs

thansk

First let me say congrats on your 20lbs lost.

Secondly let me say that weight loss, fitness, and strength is NOT just for women. It is up to you to decide to how you want your body to look. I do not see anywhere in this video that it says that these exercises are JUST for women.
  • Barracuda365
    Options
    Thank you.

I am going to start it tomorrow as i am about to hit the weights in 30 mins

I apologise if it didnt sound sexist

Thanks
  • Barracuda365
    Options
    I am getting a loan of this tomorrow morning.
    So do you just do level 1 dvd for 10 days every night
    then level 2 dvd for the next ten days etc
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4.

I don't know if it's me, but I feel more energized for the jump ropes on the third cycle than I do earlier in the workout.

I am the same. I struggle through those first set of jump ropes, but on the last set, I can keep up with Natalie. I think I'm just so excited to be done!! Just finished day 5 last night.
  • Melodypharmon
    Options
    I am planning on starting it on the 1st. Would you consider holding off until then?
  • DawnLosing
    Options
    Bump
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4.

I don't know if it's me, but I feel more energized for the jump ropes on the third cycle than I do earlier in the workout.

I am the same. I struggle through those first set of jump ropes, but on the last set, I can keep up with Natalie. I think I'm just so excited to be done!! Just finished day 5 last night.

I'm the same with the butt kicks, they're so much easier on circuit three,. Just done day 6 and it's definitely getting easier.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    So I've had this 30 day shred thing for a while but didn't start it till February. My sister had it and didn't do anything with it so I got it. I've been doing it since the 7th, started out on level 1 and now I'm up to level 3. I do it everyday and I add belly dancing to it afterwords in order to keep me motivated and get an hour a day of exercise. I have lost a total of 4 inches off my hips and half an inch around my neck. I'm going to start keeping track of my inches around my arms. Unfortunately I haven't seen any inches off my stomach but it is getting more tone.
  • micha1984
    Options
    I have been do it every other day for the last 2 weeks now and will be starting the second workout on the dvd! I am ready... I think :indifferent:
  • Barracuda365
    Options
    so how do the dvds work then with Day 1 etc and levels
  • lisali01
    lisali01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ALRIGHT I HAVE COMPLETED DAY 4 LEVEL 1 . STAYING ON TRACK WITH THE EXERCISE AND TRYING TO STAY ON TRACK WITH THE FOOD. VERY HARD BUT IM TRYING TO STICK WITH IT
  • Arrica
    Arrica Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4.

I'm the same with the butt kicks, they're so much easier on circuit three,. Just done day 6 and it's definitely getting easier.

I just did day 4 as well. I agree with you all. It's getting easier and I could do the cardio stuff much easier than yesterday, especially the jumping jacks.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Hope to be able to do this tomorrow ended up screwing up my knee again.
  • cdnkitty
    cdnkitty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in? :smile:

L1 D1 done today and then I came across this thread. I've been on MFP for 6 months or so but rededicated myself to being healthy on Jan 1. I've also done some bodyrock.tv workouts but I was looking for something a bit easier for a bit - I managed to injure myself falling on ice and so I've been taking it easy for the last month. No more - it's time to sweat.