ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    Brile and Rinalynn, I am curious about the 6 day plan. What does it consist of? Rinalynn, with you doing that much exercise 1500 cals might not even be enough and remember you are creating muscle so your metabolism is speeding up. I usually feel pretty hungry on days that I lift. No CX for me today. I am taking a Krav Maga cardio kickboxing class tonight. I have a hint of soreness on my arms today from the workout yesterday. :drinker:
    Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
    There is a couple of them I have choosen Plan 2 not sure which one Brile is doing
    it is 80 grams of carbs, 120 grams of protein and 45 grams of fat. it is supose to force your body to use its stored up body fat for fuel and also ramp up your metabolism. it tells you when to eat certain fruits and veggies and proteins. It even gives you a work out schedule. I am going to up my cals last night I was too hungry. Have a great day as well:flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Brile and Rinalynn, I am curious about the 6 day plan. What does it consist of? Rinalynn, with you doing that much exercise 1500 cals might not even be enough and remember you are creating muscle so your metabolism is speeding up. I usually feel pretty hungry on days that I lift. No CX for me today. I am taking a Krav Maga cardio kickboxing class tonight. I have a hint of soreness on my arms today from the workout yesterday. :drinker:
    Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
    There is a couple of them I have choosen Plan 2 not sure which one Brile is doing
    it is 80 grams of carbs, 120 grams of protein and 45 grams of fat. it is supose to force your body to use its stored up body fat for fuel and also ramp up your metabolism. it tells you when to eat certain fruits and veggies and proteins. It even gives you a work out schedule. I am going to up my cals last night I was too hungry. Have a great day as well:flowerforyou:

I am doing Plan 1 this round, it has grains as an option on some of the meals.
    I agree that the calories are WAY too low to keep it up. Yesterday I ate 1700 cause I was sooo hungry, but I tried to be as selective as possible. My BBC said to up it to AT LEAST 1400 (which is pretty low for me). The big thing is it's only meant to be done for 6 days at a time.
    If you want alf I can type it up and send you a copy.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Oi! I did TJ Fat Blaster yesterday and my arms are killin today (just the biceps though). I need to stretch those bad boys out better the next time.

:huh:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    So I did burn circuit 2 today I upped some of my weights and man I was shaking on some of those ! Yay I find that good!
    I had a hard time doing 20 min on the treadmill after that though. I don't know when to fit in my treadmill workouts I am doing the couch to 5K running program and I have been doing it after my burn 1 2 and 3 workouts but I have been too weak after them to go all out on the treadmill. I would hate to do the treadmill first and then not be able to lift heavy enough for the weight training
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did Kenpo X and ARX, only burned 400 cals in an hour and about twenty minutes. I'm sorta bummed on that, but hey that's how my body works I've got to work with what I have.:sad: Tonight is Push 2, and love the push phase because you concentrate on one muscle at a time, I'll ran after that.

BRILE - My curiosity is peaked, can I get the information also.

ENI129 - I learned the hard way not to do the treadmill first. After a run I wasn't giving CX 100%, and since CX is my priority I'd rather do that first. Maybe you're not eating enough and "bonking" out, your carbs might too low, not drinking enough water. But if you still can't run, walk run and then on your rest days have a good training run day. I actually burn more calories when I ran first, but it's not worth it, when I can't have a good CX workout.

Have a good workout and clean eating:heart:
  • kimgibbons
    kimgibbons Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's not really a "diet" it came with my Slim In 6 program ages ago....

They have a set list of foods and a set time frame to eat them in.
    You only want to do it for 6 days, I tried doing it longer and it was WAY too intense to maintain.
    I am adjusting it though since I am doing CX, I am consuming at least 1400 (so I have to add a bit to my snacks and I NEED my carbs (whole grain) or I am a meany).
    If you want I can email it to you and then add in some notes of what I am doing to make it workable. I am not sure if the Beachbody coaches have an easier way to do it.

This sounds like what i have been looking for. Could you possibly e-mail me a copy of the food list. my email is kim.encore@shaw.ca. Thanks!
  • rinalynn
    Options
    Brile this plan 2 is a tough one, I had to add to my snacks, I am at 1400 cals and starving and sleepy could be the lack of carbs I am used to getting from my fruit. Hopefully I will get used to it in the next couple of days. How are you doing on plan 1?
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Brile this plan 2 is a tough one, I had to add to my snacks, I am at 1400 cals and starving and sleepy could be the lack of carbs I am used to getting from my fruit. Hopefully I will get used to it in the next couple of days. How are you doing on plan 1?

Oh yeah, I could NEVER do plan 2 with ChaLEAN... I am struggling with plan 1~!
    It at least gives you more fruit options and even grains.
    I also, keep it low key at night... usually eat what everyone else is having but keep an eye on what carbs I am eating.

I'll type up the info so you guys can have it.
    It's not a bad base to "tweak" for your own needs.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Alright, I FINALLY typed it up.
    Send me a message with your email addy's if you want it.

Again, though... if your workouts are intense (as it sounds like most are here) UP THE CALORIES!
    I consume at LEAST 1400 a day. So adjust accordingly to what you are doing!
    :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    First time doing lean 2 shoulders!!!! :noway: Those are my weakest muscles. I found myself using 5lb dumbells a lot. Anyone with the same problem? If I go any heavier, even 8lbs, my forms starts to fail. I am hoping this phase makes them stronger. I do have a dilemma. I signed up for this krav maga cardio kickboxing class once a wk for 6 wks. It is on Wed evenings. Last week I did CX in the morning and took the class in the evening and I was really tired. So this wk I decided to not exercise in the am and do the class in the evening. I had a lot more energy last night, that was perfect. But this morning I had no energy for CX!!!! :grumble: I couldnt even finish ab burner. What do you guys think? How should I schedule my workouts? Should I try next wk to do lean2 the morning of the kickboxing class instead? I am leaning towards that next wk and see how it goes. And maybe I can rest the next day.

Have a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    This may be TMI but I was just so excited!
    Last week I was 189LBS! Today 186.5lbs, just a few days before I end up dealing with PMS!
    Granted, I have my birthday and family reunion next week, so I'm gonna try to hold onto that loss.
    Really though, the only thing I changed was my eating habits, I was eating WAY too many carbs and processed things. So, I am thinking there was some serious water retention going on there!

Thanks for letting me share!

Alf- I need your email to send that 6-Day thingy.... I can try to copy and paste it here though if you want me too. Just let me know.
  • rinalynn
    Options
    Yeah for you BRILE!!! I am trying to stay away from the scale a couple of days on this 6 Plan, fingers crossed I loose.

Off to do Burn 1 week 3. Have a great day all!!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Yeah, I have been trying to shift my mentality from obsessing about the numbers to how I look/feel.
    I've been pretty good this week, I am actually enjoying the workouts cause I am getting stronger (even though some days I am too tired to even open a pickle jar) and i am starting to see the definition better.

Oi, those bowler lunges...killin me!
    Have a great day everyone!

:flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I did push 2 yesterday, love the heavy lifting and glad it's only one muscle at a time. I don't think I could do two muscle combinations. I also ran, but my HRM went phsyco all the way up to 200, that's not possible, because my resting heart rate is 50. So I readjusted the strap made sure it was secure and it took about 10 minutes to get back to 160, which is still off. By the time I was done with my run, I know my calorie burn was off. What a cruel joke to play with my mind like that, I need to know my calorie burn. :grumble: Well there is alway tonight.

Alf1163 - Are you using your rest day to do your new kickboxing workout? If you are not, try using one of your rest days to do this workout, you might have to change your schedule around a bit. I do the Kenpo X (P90X kickboxing) on one my rest days, there's no way I could combine it with another workout, at least not right now. This is just my opinion I hope you're able to work it out.

I still want to add a weight vest to my workouts, asked my DH and he wasn't for it, told me I need to use some sort of strap around my forearms to help me. I dont agree, so I'll get the weighted vest. :wink:

Have a great workout:flowerforyou:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Burn intervals today! I like that work out the only think I can't do is the ones where you do the squat thrusts. Burn it off is way worse than this!

Thanks for the advice on running before CE you are right CE is my priority and I am just trying to improve my running at the same time.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Sorry I just skimmed through the posts....I'm in the last minute push before we leave for our long trip and in-laws are headed here to celebrate Father's Day this weekend. My Burn Circuits are still mainly low weights as the push-ups are still giving my neck fits (not sure if my running training is part of the problem as well). The 10 miler is in late August and the Half is in October. I am getting all my runs in but the time off for surgery is really showing in my tempo runs. Good Luck Jess with your Tri - I have some friends doing ones this weekend. Brile: Congrats on your success.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hello gang! Sorry, been very busy lately. Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Duffy, have fun on your trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brile, thank you for the meal plan. I will look at it. Not so sure I want to do anything that will make me lose more weight. I went down another pound, actually one pound below my goal, 124lbs this morning. I also lost 2.5 inches overall. Eating clean really works and combined with ChaLean and cardio is the perfect combination!!! :drinker:

Enin, like your picture!!! Glad you are enjoying CE. I like burn intervals and burn it off. I just cant find the time to do them when I want to run and also do my kickboxing class and Zumba on Saturdays. Not enough daysin the week to fit it all in. :laugh: :noway:

rinalynn, how are you liking the burn phase? You will see major changes during the push phase, especially in your strength. How is the meal plan going?

Have a great evening!! My grandbaby is here this weekend. She is a handful!!!! :noway: but I love her!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options

Brile, thank you for the meal plan. I will look at it. Not so sure I want to do anything that will make me lose more weight. I went down another pound, actually one pound below my goal, 124lbs this morning. I also lost 2.5 inches overall. Eating clean really works and combined with ChaLean and cardio is the perfect combination!!! :drinker:

Yeah, the plan is pretty restrictive. It's helping me mostly cause I am a carb junkie and so it's kinda forcing the cleaner eating habit.

My meals were ALL off today. Worked out longer then planned...missed breakfast...and afternoon snack and TOTALLY blew dinner out of the water. :sick: Now my stomach hurts.

Definitely need to up the meal plan a bit... been a little too... :indifferent:... this week.
    Especially with my second workouts.

I do have a question.... when you complete the LEAN phase and plan on doing either another round or another program.... do you do the "maintain" month?
  • alf1163
    Options
    Brile, that is a great question for Jess. I believe there is a "4th" phase where you combine the three phases every week for 4 wks. It is in the calendar in the guidebook. I am planning on doing that. After that, I think I want to try another program, P90X or Cathe STS, or workout on my own, not sure. It is not that I dont like CE, I love it and I am seeing results. But I get bored easily so I need to change things around. I like these programs because for however long they are they change every 4 wks and that works out well for me.

I did lean 3 this morning. I love it!!!!! I love the combinations where you also work the abs/core. So no abs dvd for me today. I am also going to take a Zumba class soon so that is my additional workout for the day.

Have a wonderful Saturday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Where are my ChaLeaners????? Well, "rest" day today. Tomorrow I start week 2 of the lean phase. I really loved lean 3!!! My chest is a little sore from it. :drinker: How is everyone doing? Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou: