ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hijabiflygirl - Welcome aboard the more the merrier.

Fitzfour - WOW! Great job, your hard work is paying off that's is such a motivator. It's always good to hear when one of us gets those type of compliments.

I switched my rest day from tomorrow for today because I got my hair done, and had to go to a graduation, just not enough time in the day. Blah, blah, blah. But I'll hit it hard tomorrow and I will even add a run.

Have a great workout, but even better watch your eating :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I am planning on adding TJ too! I just need some more cardio to burn off the fat covering the muscle.

Purple: Me too! Gotta psych myself up though... I am at my last day of work (teacher... been cleaning for 3 days and I think the Cloroz has soaked into my blood! ).

Any of you guys use Beachbody's virtual gym WOWY? It's taking me forever to figure it out and re-vamp my workouts!

Of course I am! I'm Jessmomof3 there if anyone wants to add me as a buddy!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm going to ask the same question here that I asked the TJ board (as many are doing CE on there too). I am having issues with being exhausted after workouts, typically for majority of the day. I'm thinking I need to up my calories again, but wondering how far I should stray from what MFP suggests? I have set my activity level at one level above sedentary as I have a desk job and sit all day. But, being that I'm doing CE, I think my resting calorie burn is much higher, so maybe I should up that. Either way, MFP has me between 1500-1600 cals, depending on what I set it at. With exercise cals, it's around 1800-2000. I think I might need more than that, as I'm still exhausted all day even with 2000 cals. So, how closely do you follow the MFP recommended cals for the day?

I did order a new HRM that has a chest strap, as I think my current one may be underestimating my calorie burn, which might be why I'm feeling sluggish...I'm not getting enough fuel?

I would definitely listen to your body. I can't survive on the 1,400 cal level. I've done some research and with my activity level/ height/ weight, I should never go less than 1,500 base cals. Then I have a HRM (Polar F6) and add in my exercise cals (but don't eat *all* of them on huge training days). It works for me. If you feel sluggish and crummy, definitely eat but eat GOOD fuel. Make sure you're drinking enough water. HTH!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi ChaLeaners! I have been scarce around here lately, sorry! Busy training for an Olympic tri I signed up for next month! That and having my kids home for the summer means cutting WAY back on my extra internet time! :tongue:

We did a 5K/ 1 mile/ fun run y'day. My hubby and I ran the 5K. I came in 1st in my AG w/ a time of 24:26!! I was really happy. My hubby finished in under 30 min, which is awesome for his first race EVER! :flowerforyou: My 10yo came in 2nd in her AG for the 1 mile race, and my 8 and 5yo's had fun w/ the 1 mile and fun run too! (I added a pic of me w/ my 10yo and our medals)

I'll be squeezing in ChaLean and P90X workouts as some strength training but am doing a lot of swimming/ biking/ running right now!

Feel free to send me a msg if anyone has any questions!

Jess
  • purple120
    Options
    Today is my first day of Push Phase, and I'll add a run just to burn a little more calories. I'll be adding different workouts on my rest days for the extra calorie burn. So far I love this program, the lifting has greatly improved the appearance of my arms and back muscles. I am top heavy so I've always had a wide back and big arms and didn't like lifting for fear of getting bigger. So far I have not gotten bigger arms but they are more defined and I love it, before my arms were just big because they were fat, not anymore.

Have a great workout and better eating.:flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    Push 1 for me today. Upped some of my weights and I failed at 6 for a couple of sets.

Hope everyone had a good day.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Hi ChaLeaners! I have been scarce around here lately, sorry! Busy training for an Olympic tri I signed up for next month! That and having my kids home for the summer means cutting WAY back on my extra internet time! :tongue:

Jess

I know exactly what you mean - I feel like I'm having to get up twice as early as during the school year to accomplish half as much. Still working in the Burn but will repeat with more intention after we get back from our long trip West. Also training for a 10 miler and half so I haven't started doing any of ChaLeane's cardio yet just the weight training for now.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! Back from my trip to NYC and ready to go... I did Lean circuit 1 and ab burner this morning. OMG! My arms are still shaking. I can't wait to try the other 2 circuits. I weighed myself last Thu after the push round and reached my weight goal of 125lbs. So let's see what the lean phase does for me. What I really want is to lose some inches preferrably on my waist.

Duffy, have fun on your trip!! A 10 miler, wow! I havent been running as much as I would like to.
    Jess, congrats on all your fitness achievements!! And your family's as well!!! What a healthy family you've created! :drinker:

Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Today is my first day of Push Phase, and I'll add a run just to burn a little more calories. I'll be adding different workouts on my rest days for the extra calorie burn. So far I love this program, the lifting has greatly improved the appearance of my arms and back muscles. I am top heavy so I've always had a wide back and big arms and didn't like lifting for fear of getting bigger. So far I have not gotten bigger arms but they are more defined and I love it, before my arms were just big because they were fat, not anymore.

Have a great workout and better eating.:flowerforyou:

YAY! I found ChaLean really defined and *cut* my arms. Especially in the shoulders... yay!! Love wearing tank tops this summer! :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Jess

I know exactly what you mean - I feel like I'm having to get up twice as early as during the school year to accomplish half as much. Still working in the Burn but will repeat with more intention after we get back from our long trip West. Also training for a 10 miler and half so I haven't started doing any of ChaLeane's cardio yet just the weight training for now.

Yep, I love having my kiddos home but that just means I have to be more creative at getting in the workouts!! I was out at 5AM for a 5 mile run today. :bigsmile: When is the 10 miler?? Good for you!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! Back from my trip to NYC and ready to go... I did Lean circuit 1 and ab burner this morning. OMG! My arms are still shaking. I can't wait to try the other 2 circuits. I weighed myself last Thu after the push round and reached my weight goal of 125lbs. So let's see what the lean phase does for me. What I really want is to lose some inches preferrably on my waist.

Duffy, have fun on your trip!! A 10 miler, wow! I havent been running as much as I would like to.
    Jess, congrats on all your fitness achievements!! And your family's as well!!! What a healthy family you've created! :drinker:

You are just the traveling woman!! I love the Lean workouts! Tehy are awesome! And reaching your goal... AWESOME! :drinker:
  • purple120
    Options
    Yesterday's push circuit 1 was awesome. I think the push phase is going to be my favorite phase. Today is my rest day, but I'm doing Kenpo and ARX. They were not my favorite programs during my P90X round but for some strange reason I miss them, go figure.

Alf1163 - Missed you glad to have you back.

Jessmomof3 - You're very motivating, you accomplish so much and with three girls. I think it's the best gift you get give your girls, teaching them a healthy lifestyle.

Duffy - Have a great time, we'll be here when you get back.

I was thinking of adding a weighted vest to my leg workout during the push phase, because I can't lift heavy enough with my arms to really push myself during the leg workout, what do you think should I do it?

Have a great workout :heart:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Update on me...

Alright, so I changed my workouts to include SI6- Ramp It Up on Push days (it's still doable without bonking) AND I am following a carb controlled diet plan (not low carb per say, but more aware of WHAT carbs I'm eating... technically it's only supposed to be done for 6 days cause it's 1200.... BUT I am eating 1400 at least). Get this, I had to have dropped 4 inches overnight (insane... I know). I am leaning more on it being the FOOD intake... but the extra cardio felt good too.

So, for the next 6 days I am doing this eating plan then for 2 weeks the "Ab Diet" (recommended by my BBC), which isn't really a diet... more just a list of foods found in EVERY Beachbody eating plan. Then back to my 6 days. I do not love controlled carb, BUT my family has insulin issues... and in the past this has done great things.

Just wanted to update since I was whinning so much before. Diet really does play a HUGE role.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3 or CE and did Burn 1 yesteray and then 20 min on the treadmill. Then I worked all day and I was EXHAUSTED last night! I am taking the rest day today and back to it tomorrow. I watched teh Push circuit 1 DVD just to see what I am in for and it looks a lot harder than Burn circuits! I am excited though to keep seeing results!
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    Update on me...

Alright, so I changed my workouts to include SI6- Ramp It Up on Push days (it's still doable without bonking) AND I am following a carb controlled diet plan (not low carb per say, but more aware of WHAT carbs I'm eating... technically it's only supposed to be done for 6 days cause it's 1200.... BUT I am eating 1400 at least). Get this, I had to have dropped 4 inches overnight (insane... I know). I am leaning more on it being the FOOD intake... but the extra cardio felt good too.

So, for the next 6 days I am doing this eating plan then for 2 weeks the "Ab Diet" (recommended by my BBC), which isn't really a diet... more just a list of foods found in EVERY Beachbody eating plan. Then back to my 6 days. I do not love controlled carb, BUT my family has insulin issues... and in the past this has done great things.

Just wanted to update since I was whinning so much before. Diet really does play a HUGE role.

what is the 6 day controled carb diet?
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    It's not really a "diet" it came with my Slim In 6 program ages ago....

They have a set list of foods and a set time frame to eat them in.
    You only want to do it for 6 days, I tried doing it longer and it was WAY too intense to maintain.
    I am adjusting it though since I am doing CX, I am consuming at least 1400 (so I have to add a bit to my snacks and I NEED my carbs (whole grain) or I am a meany).
    If you want I can email it to you and then add in some notes of what I am doing to make it workable. I am not sure if the Beachbody coaches have an easier way to do it.
  • rinalynn
    Options
    My mom has slim in 6 I will ask her if I can copy it. I do Chalean as well and I run and bike so I would need more the 1200 cals myself. thanks so much. :happy:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    My mom has slim in 6 I will ask her if I can copy it. I do Chalean as well and I run and bike so I would need more the 1200 cals myself. thanks so much. :happy:

Awesome, if she doesn't have it let me know and I'll type it up.
    Yeah, 1200 is sooo not cutting it...:laugh:
    It's pretty much just keeping my eating pretty clean though and limited refined carbs.
  • rinalynn
    Options
    thanks I have it all copied I am going to start tomorrow. I may have to up it to 1400 - 1500 per day. Today I did Chalean and turbo jam then I went for a walk and I don't know what it is I end up jogging or running the trail so I burned another bunch or cals. I ate 1500 cals and I am getting hungry again. So I am going to go to bed so I don't eat. thanks again :smile:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Brile and Rinalynn, I am curious about the 6 day plan. What does it consist of? Rinalynn, with you doing that much exercise 1500 cals might not even be enough and remember you are creating muscle so your metabolism is speeding up. I usually feel pretty hungry on days that I lift. No CX for me today. I am taking a Krav Maga cardio kickboxing class tonight. I have a hint of soreness on my arms today from the workout yesterday. :drinker: