ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,401 Member
    Options
    Jess: It was warm but not THAT warm! There were lines at all the potties. I thought I could "outrun" the urge, but no go! I am still so mad. Last year I didn't stop, but I think I overhydrated or something. I thought I read they would post the 10K split times, because I was doing well up to then.

Trying to decide if I'll do the half marathon that will be near us in October. I'm so disappointed in yesterday.

In the meantime, I am going to start training with my 9 yo. She really wants to do a 5K this summer. And I also want to work on improving speed.

Push One tomorrow. I'm READY!
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to the ChaLean Extreme workout, and did Burn Level 1 today. I must be missing something from my set, as I have nothing telling me how often I'm supposed to do each level DVD. Can someone help me with that? Do I do it every other day for a week and switch to Burn Level 2? Thanks for your help!

You didn't get the manual with it?? Then you need to contact Customer Service!

But day 2 is a rest day, day 3 is Burn #2, day 4 is Burn Intervals, day 5 is Burn #3, and day 6 is Burn it Off and Recharge. HTH!

Thanks Jess! I bought the set off of ebay (new), and it came with the Muscle Burns Fat Guidebook, but no calendar inside. I'm contacting the seller to see if he might have one he can send me. I'm lost without it! I loved Burn #1 though.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    ftizfour, the calendar is in the guidebook. It starts on page 34-37. Those pages are not on the guidebook? That would be strange. :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Jess: It was warm but not THAT warm! There were lines at all the potties. I thought I could "outrun" the urge, but no go! I am still so mad. Last year I didn't stop, but I think I overhydrated or something. I thought I read they would post the 10K split times, because I was doing well up to then.

Trying to decide if I'll do the half marathon that will be near us in October. I'm so disappointed in yesterday.

In the meantime, I am going to start training with my 9 yo. She really wants to do a 5K this summer. And I also want to work on improving speed.

Push One tomorrow. I'm READY!

I understand your dissapointment, I do. But try to let it go. You should be very proud of yourself for even doing it. And for being fit and healthy. And best of all for inspiring your 9 yr old daughter to want to train for a 5K. You are obviously an inspiration to her. She is looking up to you. :flowerforyou:
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    Hi everyone I am a current p90x user and I have had great changes with it my problem is I am bottom heavy Yep big in the hips and butt area I find I am not seeing many changes in those areas so I purchased CE to mix things up a bit I have also started running 3x per week I am new at that as well and I am doing cross country trail running. I have large leg muscles but need to loose weight there too, my question is do you ladies see great changes in you lower half? I need my bottom have to catch up to my upper half. If you have any suggestions for me I would love to hear them. I keep my calories inbetween 1300 and 1700 depending on my day. I eat more protein then carbs also. Glad to meet you all. Have a great day.
  • fitzfour
    Options
    ftizfour, the calendar is in the guidebook. It starts on page 34-37. Those pages are not on the guidebook? That would be strange. :flowerforyou:

No, my guidebook is maybe 20 pages at best. Looks like was made to be a shortened version??? I found the calendar online and just printed one off until I get a new guidebook.
  • fitzfour
    Options

No, my guidebook is maybe 20 pages at best. Looks like was made to be a shortened version??? I found the calendar online and just printed one off until I get a new guidebook.
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good morning great ladies. I'm back, my husband had a great time, we went to Phoenix AZ and checked out the City.

Fitzfour - Welcome, Fantastic job on starting Chalean, I love the program and know you will enjoy it.

Rinalynn - I also just finished P90X, I did see some changes, but not as much as I would like. I do like this program better, because I the workouts are shorter and that gives me some time to get runs in before my workout. Thus I have a higher calorie burn, something I never saw with P90X. Although, I will go back to P90X just to change things up.

Brile - I totally understand about the weight scale not moving. I have declared the scale as my enemy and fear it when the day comes that I have to weigh myself. I also struggle with the nutrition portion and add extra runs to my workout to burn extra calories. Don't judge yourself by what the scale says, value the inches lost and how your clothes fit. Enjoy life, eat as healthy as you can, have great workouts, stay active and stay motivated, this is a life long committment. Believe me in a couple of weeks I might need the encouragement. My husband even hates when I weigh myself because he sees how down I get with the results, :cry: but then I just jump back into it. It seems like you're on the right track, with counting calories and everyone else is giving you some great advise. So lets put that nasty scale away and not think of it until next month.

Jessmomof3 - Thanks for motivating, great avatar

515TeachnRun - WOW you need to give yourself credit for doing it, finishing the run itself is a great accomplishment. You defenitely did better than I would ever think of doing, so I say great job. Thank God for the potties, there is just something about running that always makes me go.:laugh:

Alf1163 - How exciting doing a half marathon relay. I'm sure you'll do great, you've been working out hard and you are in great shape.

It's Burn Circuit 1 and a run for me today. Didn't eat all that clean this weekend, but didn't completely fall off the wagon, was holding on by a string. Hitting it hard today, with my clean eating and workouts

Great day to workout, I hope everyone enjoys your workout.:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hi everyone I am a current p90x user and I have had great changes with it my problem is I am bottom heavy Yep big in the hips and butt area I find I am not seeing many changes in those areas so I purchased CE to mix things up a bit I have also started running 3x per week I am new at that as well and I am doing cross country trail running. I have large leg muscles but need to loose weight there too, my question is do you ladies see great changes in you lower half? I need my bottom have to catch up to my upper half. If you have any suggestions for me I would love to hear them. I keep my calories inbetween 1300 and 1700 depending on my day. I eat more protein then carbs also. Glad to meet you all. Have a great day.

Unfortunately there is no spot reduction exercises. I am sure you know that. I am sure your body shape is more attributed to genetics. Is that correct? Embrace your body shape. it does not mean you cannot alter it some so you are more satisfied. I think the running will help you a lot. Also eating a clean diet as much as possible. I believe Jess said that CX helped her re-shape her bottom half. I am in the push phase right now, 3rd wk. I have seen more changes in my upper body but I also lost a couple on inches off my waist, legs and hips after the burn phase. I will re-measure when I finish the push phase. :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    I started the Push phase today-well, I accidently did the warm up and first set of exercises of Lean and then I realized the exercises weren't matching the guide book :noway: :laugh:

I definitely noticed the difference in the workouts. YAY!

I am looking for improvement on my bottom half too. Definite pear shape here. This phase I'm working on cleaning up my diet and adding more lean protein. We'll see what that does :flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I'm in my first week of the Burn Phase...did #2 today. Holy Cow, I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow! I thought I had a lot more strength in my legs than I really did, so that's where I'm feeling it. I think my arms will be mildly sore, but I have more strength there than I thought! I can't wait to see the results as I work through the program. I LOVE that this is only 1/2 hour...let's me still get in my cardio and I think an hour would really cause burnout for me.
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I'm in my first week of the Burn Phase...did #2 today. Holy Cow, I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow! I thought I had a lot more strength in my legs than I really did, so that's where I'm feeling it. I think my arms will be mildly sore, but I have more strength there than I thought! I can't wait to see the results as I work through the program. I LOVE that this is only 1/2 hour...let's me still get in my cardio and I think an hour would really cause burnout for me.
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Easy 5K for me today. I am mildly sore in my arms today. I love that feeling!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey gals!! Just checking in, had a crazy weekend and this week is going crazy already!!

Y'day I did Burn Intervals followed by Ab Burner, then Extreme Abs. Just felt the need to work abs more y'day! :laugh:

Today was a 4 mile run. Getting ready for my triathlon this weekend!!!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Good for you! You will see great results if you are consistent with it!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I started the Push phase today-well, I accidently did the warm up and first set of exercises of Lean and then I realized the exercises weren't matching the guide book :noway: :laugh:

I definitely noticed the difference in the workouts. YAY!

I am looking for improvement on my bottom half too. Definite pear shape here. This phase I'm working on cleaning up my diet and adding more lean protein. We'll see what that does :flowerforyou:

Funny!! Glad you noticed you started the wrong workout! At least the warmups are all pretty much the same!

You will definitely see changes in the lower half, I sure did!!! (and still am! :bigsmile: )
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good morning great ladies. I'm back, my husband had a great time, we went to Phoenix AZ and checked out the City.

Brile - I totally understand about the weight scale not moving. I have declared the scale as my enemy and fear it when the day comes that I have to weigh myself. I also struggle with the nutrition portion and add extra runs to my workout to burn extra calories. Don't judge yourself by what the scale says, value the inches lost and how your clothes fit. Enjoy life, eat as healthy as you can, have great workouts, stay active and stay motivated, this is a life long committment. Believe me in a couple of weeks I might need the encouragement. My husband even hates when I weigh myself because he sees how down I get with the results, :cry: but then I just jump back into it. It seems like you're on the right track, with counting calories and everyone else is giving you some great advise. So lets put that nasty scale away and not think of it until next month.

Jessmomof3 - Thanks for motivating, great avatar

It's Burn Circuit 1 and a run for me today. Didn't eat all that clean this weekend, but didn't completely fall off the wagon, was holding on by a string. Hitting it hard today, with my clean eating and workouts

Great day to workout, I hope everyone enjoys your workout.:flowerforyou:

I'm jealous! I love Phoenix!!! Definitely keep at it and don't get down with the scale. I hate the scale at times too!! :devil: and thanks, that was at the playground w/ the kids. I can never resist the pullup bar!! :laugh:
  • rinalynn
    rinalynn Posts: 87
    Options
    Today was day 1 in the burn phase (CX), Wow my arms are sore, I need to get heavier weights for my bottom half. I eat clean all the way, fresh is the best, I have RA and I am a Gluten Free Baker in our home it is all fresh and good for you. My weight problem picked up when I found out I had RA they put me on so many medications & steriods etc, with diet and exercise I am almost pain free and totally off my meds. ( with doctors supervision) I am the picture perfect pear shape. LOL and I have noticed big results in my upper half but would love to see more of a change in my lower half. I know Rome wasn't built in a day. I also like that these dvd are shorter so I can get my cardio in. Have a great day all!!
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Did Push 1.... Not sore... which still is freaking me out, but I really enjoyed the work out.
    Starting to see definition, especially in my legs (which is one of my fiances fav parts). :happy:
    I need to go significantly heavier on lower body.

This month I am focusing on cleaning up my diet (can't WAIT til school is done... it will help sooo much). Also, I played around with my calories (keeping it in healthy levels) but I feel a lot better now.
    Also wanting to add in a few extra workouts on top of ChaLEAN.
    Wish me luck, I have a BBQ lunchen, my birthday, and a family reunion all this month! :noway:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Had a great workout yesterday. My arms dont get sore, but my upper back and my core are a little sore. I also tried my on HITT runs, more recovery then anything, but I'm pushing myself. Today is a rest day from CX but I'll do a longer run than what I usually do. My eating was very good yesterday had a small T-bone with quinoa on the side.:love: for diner.

I hope everyone has a great day.