ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,398 Member
    Options
    Purple: I have never had this happen, but have heard of it. Try bandaids or glide stick (prevents chafing).

No Chalene for me today, but I did run 12 miles.

Have a great weekend! I'm going to Costco laster, think I'll look for the designer whey.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Push 2 and extreme abs today (week 2). How is everyone else doing? :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Hello ladies! I did recharge yesterday. It felt wonderful after my long run Saturday.

This morning I did Burn It Off and Recharge.

I need to re-read posts and see what everyone did as they finished the Burn Phase. I like Mondays to be my Day One and today was the end of my Burn Phase. I need to plan my schedule for this upcoming week.

I followed the workouts religiously for this phase, but not the eating plan. My goal is to improve my food choices and meal planning for this next phase. Bought string cheese, almonds, and such for snacks. Didn't get to Costco so no protein powder yet.
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Had a great workout weekend, but eating is another thing. Well start of a new week, had a great workout with Burn #1 yesterday, and did some ab workout along with a run. Today is a rest day, but I'll probably get a run in, mind you I'm a slow runner and don't run as far as some of you ladys, but I'm keeping up the rear.

Have a great workout and eat as clean as you can.
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options

Brile, I have not been sore, not even once, doing CX. At first, like you, I was concerned that I was doing something wrong. But I know I am pushing myself 100%, I feel the burn when I am doing it and afterwards. Not all bodies react the same. As long as you are using good form, lifting slow and pushing yourself to the max, you will be fine.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Whew, thanks for reassuring me, I was really starting to worry.
    I can see some differences and I am practically crying during some reps.
    So, I know I am working. Just got nervous since there was not really any "pain" after!

:flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Another Question....

Is it okay to stack additional workouts on top of ones daily ChaLEAN routine?
    I get up a crazy sweat and all... but I want to tone more.
    Is it safe/healthy to add on like a yoga routine (every couple of days), increase the times you do Ab Burner, biking/walking/running....etc?

The summer time is really the only time I DO get to exercise crazy.... and with no employment next year, I need something to keep me from driving myself insane. :noway:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I do an abs workout everytime I do a weight trng session with Chalene. If I have more time I also do the fat blaster dvd or the burn it off dvd. I think doing yoga after trng is perfectly fine, it will also help to stretch more. On non CX days I either run, do Zumba or I do burn intervals or burn it off. So I don't see anything wrong with doing more than just CX. :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I ran for 30 min. then did Burn circuit 2. Boy did I have a hard time completing this, I think I was a little ambitious with my weight, had to stop and switch out weights. Good thing I'm writing this down, hopefully next workout will do better. Had a busy day yesterday, my youngest daughter got her certificate from middle school, but they call it graduating from middle school.:huh: They also had they're end of school dance, but they call it a "prom". Trying to grow up to soon, I say. Needless to say I didn't get to workout until 8pm and finished a little after 9pm. I was completely worn out and had no problem falling asleep. Tonight Burn circuit 3 along with 30 minute run.

I try to eat about 130 grams of protien, but I weigh more. I've read in other posts your protien intake should be .9 per pound of your body weight.

Jess do you do any ARX with this workout and if so when do you do it? I feel like I need to works my abs a little more.

Hey there! I do ARX 3 days a week w/ my dh. Tues, Thurs, and Sat are the days we work abs. It works for me, I need that extra ab work! :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Another Question....

Is it okay to stack additional workouts on top of ones daily ChaLEAN routine?
    I get up a crazy sweat and all... but I want to tone more.
    Is it safe/healthy to add on like a yoga routine (every couple of days), increase the times you do Ab Burner, biking/walking/running....etc?

The summer time is really the only time I DO get to exercise crazy.... and with no employment next year, I need something to keep me from driving myself insane. :noway:

I run 3 days a week- Tues, Thurs, and Sat w/ my ChaLean workouts. Now I don't normally do Burn Intervals or Burn it Off since I am running. As mentioned above, I also work abs (Ab Ripper X) on those days. I'm also a runner and triathlete so I'm used to more working out. :bigsmile:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Okay, how did you ladies go from Burn to Push phases?

Also, I didn't follow the Burn eating plan. As I begin Push, should I start there or do the Burn plan?
    This week, I've tried to be sure to eat 6 small meals and to include more protein. I am definitely more satisfied and craving less sweets :smile:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I swear I have a tape worm!
    I am hungry all the time!
    I'm not sure if it's ChaLEAN, PMS, or stress at this point!
    :laugh:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies.

I did Burn Circuit 2 yesterday, ran and did some ab work, was a little worn out after that but all day today felt great. It's Burn internvals for me today, along with ab workout and I'll squeeze in a short run. All in all I'm enjoying this workout, I feel my clothes are loser, but will not weigh in or take measurements until my 30th day.

alf1163 - Hope you enjoyed your trip.

515TeachNRun - I was wondering the same thing too. Good Job completing the Burn Phase and going onto Push Phase, keep it up.

Brile - I know the feeling, I'm also getting hungier then usual. I mean I dont think I'm depriving myself to where I dont have a good workout, but I don't know either if it's just my mind playing games with my stomach.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Okay, how did you ladies go from Burn to Push phases?

Also, I didn't follow the Burn eating plan. As I begin Push, should I start there or do the Burn plan?
    This week, I've tried to be sure to eat 6 small meals and to include more protein. I am definitely more satisfied and craving less sweets :smile:

I didn't necessarily follow the meal plans. I think eating smaller meals w/ protein is good. Watch the refined carbs and sugars, that's the key for me. :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

HAHA at tape worm!! What are you eating? Are you refueling after your workouts? Protein w/ each mini meal? Good carbs and healthy fats?? If I eat a lot of carb, I'm starving all of the time!! :tongue:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies.

I did Burn Circuit 2 yesterday, ran and did some ab work, was a little worn out after that but all day today felt great. It's Burn internvals for me today, along with ab workout and I'll squeeze in a short run. All in all I'm enjoying this workout, I feel my clothes are loser, but will not weigh in or take measurements until my 30th day.

Brile - I know the feeling, I'm also getting hungier then usual. I mean I dont think I'm depriving myself to where I dont have a good workout, but I don't know either if it's just my mind playing games with my stomach.

Good for you!! Sounds like you are doing great!! I am sure you will be happy with the measurements!

I am always hungrier on weight training days, like Chalene's sister says in the DVD's. I find that eating w/in half an hour after workouts really helps. (plus it's good for recovery)

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Did burn 3 yesterday and a run. My HRM chest ban gave me a awful burn around my chest. I've had my HRM for about three months never had this happen before. I did run longer than usual but only a mile more so I don't know why this happened any suggestions on how to prevent this. Well off to workout catch you ladies later.

Have a great day.

Have you ever used Body Glide? It is something runners use, I use it especially for long runs. You can get it at most running stores, it looks like deodorant and works great at preventing rub spots and blisters. HTH!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options

HAHA at tape worm!! What are you eating? Are you refueling after your workouts? Protein w/ each mini meal? Good carbs and healthy fats?? If I eat a lot of carb, I'm starving all of the time!! :tongue:

Probably too many carbs.
    I also haven't gotten into the habit of mini meals, I am trying though.
    Most of my carbs are whole grain but I need to work on my food choices this summer.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Probably too many carbs.
    Most of my carbs are whole grain but I need to work on my food choices this summer.

Mini meals really work well for me. I hate eating big meals now. If I know I will be eating in 2 1/2 - 3 hrs, it's easier for me not to overeat. Whole grains are good, but try to make sure you're getting in the protein too!
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Probably too many carbs.

Mini meals really work well for me. I hate eating big meals now. If I know I will be eating in 2 1/2 - 3 hrs, it's easier for me not to overeat. Whole grains are good, but try to make sure you're getting in the protein too!

I always am low in protein.
    My big issue... I am always OVER my calories.
    I need to be stricter with that if I want to see any results. :grumble:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I always am low in protein.
    My big issue... I am always OVER my calories.
    I need to be stricter with that if I want to see any results. :grumble:

What are your settings here?? I set mine at 50% carb/ 25% protein/ 25% fat and have a baseline of 1,450. I also eat back some of my exercise cals.