ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 50, 30, 20. Dont ask me why. I know I was following somebody's guidelines. But I am always over on fat and under on carb and protein. It is so hard to have the perfect balance. Since I started here, Jan 08, I only recall being on target no more than 5 times. And my settings have not been like that all the time. At first I just used the recommended settings. As I did more research I started playing with changing the settings. Jess, I think I am going to change mine like yours and see what happens. I do try 90% of the time to eat clean. Sometimes I feel I am eating all day long which is good. :laugh: Jess, can you share how a day looks for you in terms of your nutrition? I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks a day but I tend to eat no more than 200 cals per snack, usually no more than 150, and my meals are close to 400 or more.

I also feel hungrier on the days I lift but I stick to my calorie intake. I rarely go over anymore. What helps me is to log in my foods before I eat them so I can see where I am at and I can change it so I meet my requirements.

teachnrun, I did not get your question about how to get from burn to phase...:flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options

I am really a raunch if I get too low in carbs, but I am going to streamline it a bit more once I am out of school.
    My baseline is 1610... and I've been so hungry I've been eating back ALL of my exercise calories, sometimes a few more(which is bad). I just barely started using my HRM during my workouts, so now I have a better gauge on how much "extra" I am burning.

I am focusing more on toning, but some weightloss would be cool too.
    I am hoping that will come more with the next phase and cleaning up my foods... as well as staying in the calorie range. :huh:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    I just switched my settings to 50/30/20. I used the P90X as a guide. I'm struggling to get that much protein in. I've done a much better job at eating 5-6 small meals/snacks. I am already finding I have less cravings and it's easier to pass up the chocolate that is out at school :wink: :laugh:

Alf, I wasn't very clear. :blushing: My question was meant to be: burn phase ended on Mon for me (I think-it's been THAT kind of week:grumble: ) Did you immediately start the push phase? I like my day one to be on Monday, so I was struggling with when to start push. Here's what I've done: Monday: Burn it off/recharge, Tuesday: 3 mile run, Wed. 6.25 mile run, Thursday 3 mile run. Tomorrow I'll do burn intervals and abs. Saturday is my 20K. I guess I start push next Monday.

I would like to have been working out more this week, but I am crunched for time. I haven't done any strength training at all. The end of a school year has me way busy and this year my building is closing, so I'm having to pack up my entire classroom.

The discussion on nutrition is very helpful. I have been one to limit calories and make healthy meal choices, but allow many calories to be wasted on junk...chocolate and sweets, usually.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I just switched my settings to 50/30/20. I used the P90X as a guide. I'm struggling to get that much protein in. I've done a much better job at eating 5-6 small meals/snacks. I am already finding I have less cravings and it's easier to pass up the chocolate that is out at school :wink: :laugh:

The discussion on nutrition is very helpful. I have been one to limit calories and make healthy meal choices, but allow many calories to be wasted on junk...chocolate and sweets, usually.

I find that the 50/25/25 is just a guideline for me. That is what I shoot for, but there are times I go over in carbs, other times in fat, etc. I don't stress over every little detail. Just keeping track and thinking about my choices helps.

I'm not a fancy eater, I'm very basic but have found what I love.

Almost every morning I have oatmeal (1/2 c. cooked) w/ 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 Tablespoon Naturally More PB, and 1/4 c. cottage cheese. I usually eat a banana first thing when I wake up before working out.

Lunches can be as simple as Greek or plain yogurt w/ 1 T. NM PB (I'm obsessed with it!) and high fiber cereal (Kashi GoLean, Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax, Trader Joe's honey almond flax cereals).
    I also cook ahead chicken breasts and make an easy sandwich, salad, or stir fry (lots of veggies!).

I snack on almonds, cottage cheese, yogurt, strawberries, apples or other fruit, etc.

Dinner I eat what I make for the family- I use whole grain pastas, brown rice, baked sweet potatoes, and chicken breast, salmon, lean beef, lean pork, etc w/ veggies. I use balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil as dressings instead of creamy dressings.

Hope that gives you some ideas!!

Jess
  • alf1163
    Options
    Push 1/ab burner start of week 3 today!!!! :drinker: As you can see, teachnrun, my workouts are a little off. But I do like to do the circuits on Mon, Wed and Fri as well. I am going to keep it this way until mid June when I start lean and then I will schedule them on my preferred days. I will be out of town to New York for 4 days so that will be my break between phases.

I will see how the day goes today as far as nutrition. I have logged in my midmorning/afternoon snacks and lunch already. I have 620 cals left for dinner and evening snack if needed. I have not been eating all my exercise calories lately. My baseline is 1290. I set it up to lose 1/2lb a week. I weigh 128. What do you guys think? Too low? Lately I have been feeling pretty satisfied with my meals. The only concern was going over on fat, not really saturated, mostly good fats. Under on carbs and protein but not by too much. :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    This is how it looks like so far:

Designer Whey Protien - 100% Whey Protein Chocolate, 0.5 level scoop 50 2 9 1 0 38 remove
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 5 cup (8 fl oz) 12 0 1 0 0 24 remove
    Ralston Foods - Old Fashioned Oats 100% Whole Grain, 0.34 cup dry 102 18 3 2 3 0 remove
    Generic - Eggs - Hard Boiled, Whites Only, 2 large 34 0 7 0 0 110 remove
    Great Value - Amaretto Creamer, 3 tsp 50 8 0 3 0 10 remove
    Great Value - Frozen Blueberries, 0.25 cup 18 4 0 0 1 0 remove
    Heb - Low Fat Milk-1%, 0.5 cup 50 6 4 1 0 53 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 316 38 24 7 4 235
    AM Snacks
    Melons - Cantaloupe, raw, 0.5 cup, cubes 27 7 1 0 1 13 remove
    Weight Watchers - String Cheese - Light (Mozarella), 1 stick (24 g) 50 1 6 3 0 150 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 77 8 7 3 1 163
    Lunch
    Bumble Bee - Chunk White Albacore In Water (Can Net Wt. 5 oz.), 4 oz drained 120 0 24 2 0 360 remove
    Kraft - Mayo With Olive Oil, 1 tbsp 45 2 0 4 0 95 remove
    Celery - Raw, 0.25 cup chopped 4 1 0 0 0 20 remove
    Mrs.Baird's - 100% Whole Wheat (Tam), 2 Slice 120 24 6 2 4 220 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 289 27 30 8 4 695
    PM Snacks
    Annette's - Trail Mix Mixed Fruit, Kashi, Planters Nut Trition, 1/2 cup 243 25 8 15 5 96 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal

The only thing I am not proud of is the coffee creamer, PROCESSED!!!! I know...when I finish this bottle (a small one) I am not getting another one. :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I forgot my lunch at home!
    I am worse then some of my kiddos at school.

Luckily, I stocked my fridge with a few staples to get me through the last bit of school.
    Salad greens, chicken tenders (not the best, but they work), light dressings.... whew... and I complained about "wasting" the money! :noway:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    WOW had a late workout yesterday. I had to take my 14 year-old to urgent care. Turns out she had a sinus infection which was giving her a fever. She feel better, but I didn't start my workout until almost 9:00 pm, I almost thought of not doing it, but so glad that I did. I did my 3 mile run, burn intervals and ab burner, had 728 calorie burn. I've never burn so many calories :laugh: This may not be alot for some, but I struggle to get a good calorie burn. After that I had my own recovery drink, got my husband and my clothes ready for today's workday, showered and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Who said people have trouble falling asleep after a workout, not me.

Today is Burn circuit 3, but I'm doing that as soon as a I get home, and try to go to bed early.

This weekend is our anniversary and we're planning for a weekend get-away (just my husband and I, don't know how long it's been since we did this:blushing: ) so I'll probably switch my rest day for Saturday and do Burn and Recharge when we get home on Sunday.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    728 calories burned!!! Wow, that is a lot of calories!!!!! :noway: I don't burn that many calories either. I have to work really hard to burn tons of calories. But that is a good sign of fitness and not weighing too much...the smaller and fitter I get the less calories I burn unless I do some mega workout, oh, and the worst part, the less I get to eat. :laugh: Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    :sad:

I am kind of devastated!
    I've just made it through my first month of ChaLEAN... so I decided to weigh myself....
    I'm UP to 188!!!! Since starting the workout I've GAINED 4lbs!
    Don't get me wrong I am slimmer, but dang.... just the thought of the scale going higher is depressing.
    Even though my goal is more looking good, reguardless of weight, it's still a bummer.

I am hoping with summer, things a bit calmer, more time to work out... able to make better food choices... things will start to go the right direction.

Gotta go put in do Burn It Off and Recharge.
    :smokin:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Brile, I understand your pain but don't despair. Have you had a lot of sodium lately? Are you on your cycle? Anything can show an increase of 2-5lbs. The most important thing is how you feel and how your clothes fit. Did you take measurements? How are those? Make sure you are making healthy choices when you eat. Jess said she saw noticeable results with the push and lean phases. I only lost one pound in the 4 wks of the burn phase. I am not following the calorie suggestion and the "diet" either but I am making healthy choices most of the time (90%). Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I think my diet is what is killing me.
    I mean, a lot of my choices are healthy, but i eat some junk. :grumble:
    The weight gain has been gradual, not all at once... hence why it's a bummer.
    If it had been a 4lb gain in a week, that could be sodium related.

I only have a few weeks left of school and then I can hopefully really lock down on food (getting in my 5-6 meals) and increase my workouts (I've only been doing the minimum ChaLEAN). I'd like to add in some HIIT, ball workouts, pilates, etc on top....

I just barely started monitoring exercise calories, which vary greatly depending on the day. I'm still torn on whether I should eat them or not. I've been sooo hungry this last week that I wolfed anything down... but it's tapered off now. :ohwell:

It's just a bummer mentally.... I am still focusing on overall look... not so much overall weight.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I think my diet is what is killing me.
    I mean, a lot of my choices are healthy, but i eat some junk. :grumble:
    The weight gain has been gradual, not all at once... hence why it's a bummer.
    If it had been a 4lb gain in a week, that could be sodium related.

I only have a few weeks left of school and then I can hopefully really lock down on food (getting in my 5-6 meals) and increase my workouts (I've only been doing the minimum ChaLEAN). I'd like to add in some HIIT, ball workouts, pilates, etc on top....

I just barely started monitoring exercise calories, which vary greatly depending on the day. I'm still torn on whether I should eat them or not. I've been sooo hungry this last week that I wolfed anything down... but it's tapered off now. :ohwell:

It's just a bummer mentally.... I am still focusing on overall look... not so much overall weight.

You said it... your diet is killing you. Why work so hard and not see results?? I would say really watch the food intake, eat back some of your exercise cals but keep it clean.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Y'day morning I did Get Lean Intervals...

Then in the afternoon I did a 24 mile hilly bike and 1 mile run. Getting ready for a triathlon next Sat!!

Today was a 6 mile early run. :bigsmile: Have a super weekend!
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    HI all. Had my 20K today. Great day for a run, disappointed in my time. 10 minute wait at the potty added to my time. So, my official time was 2:22:05 :grumble:

Ready to start Push on Monday :happy:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I am brand new to the ChaLean Extreme workout, and did Burn Level 1 today. I must be missing something from my set, as I have nothing telling me how often I'm supposed to do each level DVD. Can someone help me with that? Do I do it every other day for a week and switch to Burn Level 2? Thanks for your help!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I am brand new to the ChaLean Extreme workout, and did Burn Level 1 today. I must be missing something from my set, as I have nothing telling me how often I'm supposed to do each level DVD. Can someone help me with that? Do I do it every other day for a week and switch to Burn Level 2? Thanks for your help!

You didn't get the manual with it?? Then you need to contact Customer Service!

But day 2 is a rest day, day 3 is Burn #2, day 4 is Burn Intervals, day 5 is Burn #3, and day 6 is Burn it Off and Recharge. HTH!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    HI all. Had my 20K today. Great day for a run, disappointed in my time. 10 minute wait at the potty added to my time. So, my official time was 2:22:05 :grumble:

Ready to start Push on Monday :happy:

That's still a good time! 10 min wait... wow!! Must have been a hot day. :wink:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hello all!! I ran/walked 6.63miles today, 703 cals burned!! :drinker: My son's recreational therapist invited me to do a half marathon relay on Jun 20. I am so excited. I had seen it advertised but it is a 4 member team relay and none of my friends are runners :grumble: We are signing up this week. It is sponsored by a nice italian restaurant and lunch will be provided after the run.

Welcome fitzfour!!! :drinker: :drinker: As Jess said you might be missing the guidebook. Call CS. How did you like burn 1?

teacnrun, I did not know people stopped to use the restroom when they do a 20K :laugh: Good job on completing it!!! That is almost a half marathon, right?

Push 2 wk 3, extreme abs and burn it off tomorrow morning...well, that is my plan :laugh:

Have a great evening! :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    Alf: A 20K is 12.4 miles, so just short of a half.

The relay is a great event. I did a marathon relay style last fall and it was so much fun! Think Amazing Race on a much smaller scale. :tongue: