ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I don't think the code is working anymore. I tried it and it says invalid or incorrect. :cry: Anyone else knows how to get discount coupons? :flowerforyou:

Bummer!! Sometimes if you just type in what you're looking for at google and coupons you can find a deal. I got mine a couple mos ago so not sure. :huh:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Well, day 2 is a rest day but I use it for my Y day. :laugh: I ran 5 miles of speedwork, then 600 yd swim. :bigsmile:

Have a good one!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I'm preparing from the all clear from my surgeon next week so that I can finally start the CX although I know that she will only increase my weight allowance to about 20 - 25 lbs and no push-ups. Has anyone done CX with the bands? I'm still considering buying the set of 3 from BeachBody before my 30 day free trial ends. We have a 2 week vacation planned for this summer and I know that I could keep up while traveling if I had the bands.

I haven't used the bands with ChaLean, but I do have the BB resistance bands and they are good! I use them for traveling also. I would recommend the super bands kit that go a little heavier. HTH!
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Has anyone done CX with the bands? I'm still considering buying the set of 3 from BeachBody before my 30 day free trial ends.

I have used bands for tons of other workouts and loved them BUT in my second week of CX I can honestly say that I do not love the bands with this workout. They take too long to switch, by the time you are all adjusted and switched they are half way through the set!

I invested in PowerBlocks instead, trying those out tonight for the first time.
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Did first day of Push today.....lots of triceps! They are my weakest area so I'm very happy that there was such a focus...

I think I am going to try the bands...at least for lower body because I don't have the room to get 20+ lb weights.....hopefully if I only use them for lowerbody I can switch faster???

Also went jogging today :happy:

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I started the push phase today. I thought it was a pretty good workout. My arms still feel pretty heavy right now. I could have gone heavier for all the leg exercises but unfortunately I only have up to 20lb dumbells. I squatted lower to make them more intense. I failed at 6 for a couple of upper body exercises. :drinker: I was dissapointed that she did the same warm up and cool down from the burn circuits. I thought she might have changed them for this phase. I get bored easily so the WU and CD are getting old. :laugh: :laugh:

Results from the first phase: Lost one pound in 4 wks. Set my calories to lose .5 lbs a week so under by 1lb, not bad. I lost a few inches all over my body. Great!! And the best measurement, according to my numbers, went from 22.8 body fat to 20.8!!!! I hope I am doing this right but I am pleased. And I am not nearly done!!!

Have a great day!! :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've been lurking for a while, I'll be starting Chalean on the 1st hope I can join the group. Just finishing up with P90X but extremely excited about doing Chalean. By the way I used the coupon Jess posted about a week ago and it worked for me, I love the bowflex weights. Bought the weights on credit, but well worth it.

Have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    I am soooooooooooo jealous. It did not work for me. Is it case sensitive? Maybe it just expired. :grumble:
    I am looking forward to you getting the program. :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    ALF163 - My daughter and grandson live in San Antonio, I try to visit regularly. I live in Texas about 8 hours away, so the drive is not that bad, but can't do it as often as I would like. My husband and I plan to retire there as soon as our other kids graduate high school. I'll start posting more when I start Chalean Extreme.
  • alf1163
    Options
    That's great!!! Hey, maybe we can run a 5k, 10K or something together!!! I am planning on running the Rock n Roll half marathon this year. I live by Sea World. Take care!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I started the push phase today. I thought it was a pretty good workout. My arms still feel pretty heavy right now. I could have gone heavier for all the leg exercises but unfortunately I only have up to 20lb dumbells. I squatted lower to make them more intense. I failed at 6 for a couple of upper body exercises. :drinker: I was dissapointed that she did the same warm up and cool down from the burn circuits. I thought she might have changed them for this phase. I get bored easily so the WU and CD are getting old. :laugh: :laugh:

Results from the first phase: Lost one pound in 4 wks. Set my calories to lose .5 lbs a week so under by 1lb, not bad. I lost a few inches all over my body. Great!! And the best measurement, according to my numbers, went from 22.8 body fat to 20.8!!!! I hope I am doing this right but I am pleased. And I am not nearly done!!!

Have a great day!! :flowerforyou:

YAY! That is awesome about the bf drop!! Just wait... I saw the biggest changes in the Push and Lean phases!! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I am soooooooooooo jealous. It did not work for me. Is it case sensitive? Maybe it just expired. :grumble:
    I am looking forward to you getting the program. :flowerforyou:

I don't know, I used it all caps HAPPYBIRTHDAY20 when I bought them and it worked for me. I am LOVING them for my 2nd round of ChaLean!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Well, Burn Circuit #2 done for me this morning. YAY!! Wow, feel the burn. I LOVE the bowler's lunges, those are one of my fav Chalene moves!! :bigsmile: I was really feelin' it in the back and biceps today!

Ab Ripper X w/ my dh tonight and we took a 2 mile walk power walk after dinner. I also did a little bicep work with him, I couldn't resist once he started working out. :laugh:

Have a good one!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Did first day of Push today.....lots of triceps! They are my weakest area so I'm very happy that there was such a focus...

I think I am going to try the bands...at least for lower body because I don't have the room to get 20+ lb weights.....hopefully if I only use them for lowerbody I can switch faster???

Also went jogging today :happy:

I love the tricep work! The Burn Intervals triceps gets me EVERY time!! Ouch!!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    8 mile run this morning and just finished Burn #2 and Ab Burner. I agree, Jess, I love the bowler's lunges!!!

ANyone else feel tight or sore in the lower back when doing the dead lift/row? I'm wondering if it's my form or just the muscles.

Can't wait to work the triceps. Mine definitely need some tightening and definition!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    ps: just tried the code for the select techs. Said it was expired.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on the bands - Since I have all the weights I need at home and would only use the bands while traveling I think I'll be okay with what I already own. It is a band that came with my Power 90 many years ago.
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    Question....

I am in my second week of ChaLEAN Extreme, I haven't been able to follow the diet plan with my crazy schedule, but with summer rapidly approaching I am hoping to add that element.

My question is... I am ALWAYS hungry now! Is that normal?
    I am set at 1500 cals on this site and usually eat back a bit of my exercise calories...
    However, I have noticed that even on days I don't work out I am incredibly munchy!
    Also, I need some tips on healthy, easy to store in my office type snaks. I have almonds and a few other (overly processed) snacks.... but I usually skip snacks.... which isnt' good.
  • alf1163
    Options
    I did push 2 this morning, SHOULDERS!!!! I liked it!!

Brile, I have become hungrier since doing CE. She mentions that in one of the videos. It is your metabolism speeding up from all the trng. There was no way I could eat 1300 cals as she suggests. I have not been following her food recommendations. I just try to stick to clean eating as much as possible and eat my most of my exercise calories depending on how I feel. I have my settings to lose about 1/2 a pound a week. I am pretty close to my goal anyways, 3 more pounds to go...if I lose more great!! If not, that is ok, I lost more inches this past month than lbs. :drinker:

Is there a refrigerator at work? I pack my lunch and snacks everyday. My usual snacks are yogurt with almonds, cheese stick with a piece of fruit, or cottage cheese with fruit, or a slice of high fiber whole wheat bread with 1 tbs of natural peanut butter, healthy crackers with hummus, that's pretty much it. I am pretty content with that. I have a mid morning snack and a mid afternoon snack about 5-6 days a week. Usually on weekends I skip snacks since I tend to have larger meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I hope this helps.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FluffnStuff
    Options
    I did push 2 this morning, SHOULDERS!!!! I liked it!!

Is there a refrigerator at work? I pack my lunch and snacks everyday. My usual snacks are yogurt with almonds, cheese stick with a piece of fruit, or cottage cheese with fruit, or a slice of high fiber whole wheat bread with 1 tbs of natural peanut butter, healthy crackers with hummus, that's pretty much it. I am pretty content with that. I have a mid morning snack and a mid afternoon snack about 5-6 days a week. Usually on weekends I skip snacks since I tend to have larger meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner. I hope this helps.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I do have access to a fridge, but... sometimes I forget to snack (if that makes sense). I keep my almonds in the file cabinet next to my desk. I do keep hummus and crackers on hand. On occasion I try to gag down yogurt and cottage cheese (they aren't my favorite). I am HORRIBLE when it comes to protein, fruits and veggies though. I forget to snack and by the time I get around to the fruits and veggies I keep at school... they are all nasty.
    I too skip snacks on the weekend for the most part, but that's the norm it seems for me, but I am trying to improve.

Thanks for the tips. I will try to wedge more in and clean it up... can't live on carbs alone! :laugh: