ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    teachnrun, I would do the fit test, take your measurements and pictures, and get familiarized with the entire program. Then be ready to start on Monday.

Megan, Yeah!!!! :drinker: :drinker: I am not really following the meal plan exactly. I have not tried any of the recipes yet. I am trying to eat close to anywhere from 1300-1450 cals I am also running so I think 1300 cals are too low for me. I am eating healthy most of the time. I am not really looking for losing a lot of weight either maybe 5lbs at the most. I can't tell you right now if that is working for me, I just started. I will know when I weigh and measure myself at the end of the burn phase, in 3 weeks. Anyone else with suggestions??

Rest day for me today. Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm debating on when to start. Spent the evening looking thru the books and watching the initial dvd. I will be out of town this weekend and unable to follow the program. Should I wait until next Monday? ALso I'm training for a 20K at the end of May. Jess, I'm up for more hints as to how you incorporated the training. I saw your post above; sounds like I could follow that. So anxious to start :happy:

Hey girl!! If you're going to be gone over the weekend, I would start next week. But maybe try out the Burn Intervals or Burn it Off and see what you think!!

I did ChaLean's weights on Mon, Wed, and Fri, and then I ran on Tues, Thurs, and Sat (using the FIRST half marathon training plan) and also did abs 3 x a week (ChaLean and also Ab Ripper X).

It worked very well for me, I ran my half w/ a PR, never felt overtrained, and lost 8#. :drinker:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I got my package yesterday and am starting today!!! :drinker: Are any of you following the meal plan exactly? I've been maintaining my goal weight for several months now so I'm not overly concerned with losing pounds, but I do want to eat correctly while I do this to see maximum results. Any general suggestions?
    Thanks
    :flowerforyou:

Just try to keep the meals *clean*, healthy, whole foods. I love tracking here, so that is what I have done. I kept my baseline at 1,450 and would add in some exercise cals (not all). Especially with running, on longer days I would obviously eat more. I'm also 5'7" tall and wasn't looking to drop a lot of weight so it worked for me!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Jess, I noticed that Chalene only includes one ab workout a week. Did you do the abs dvd on the days you lifted? And, did you do the intervals and burn it off at all? it looks like you only ran on days you did not lift. Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Alf and Jess, thanks for the diet input. I've been eating clean for a while now, so I think I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. :smile: I did make the flank steak with cauliflower and spinach for dinner tonight...it was yummy and very filling!

I did my first Burn today and I loved it! I'm a little sore in my shoulders which I expected. I'm also planning on running or doing Turbo Jam on my off days. I'm looking forward to trying the ab DVD...I really like the Ab Jam on Turbo Jam, does anyone know how it compares?

Have a good evening everyone!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Jess, I noticed that Chalene only includes one ab workout a week. Did you do the abs dvd on the days you lifted? And, did you do the intervals and burn it off at all? it looks like you only ran on days you did not lift. Thanks!! :flowerforyou:

I did one ChaLean ab workout and 2 times of Ab Ripper X (P90X). I like working my abs 3 x a week, so it worked for me. I did the BI and BIO for the first month, then the next 2 months I just ran, and a few times would add it BIO after another workout. :bigsmile:
  • alf1163
    Options
    I started the second week of the burn phase today. I cheated by mistake and did the extreme abs workout after burn 1 instead of ab burner. :laugh: :laugh: While I was doing it I kept telling myself, "I don't remember this part when I did it last week" :noway: :laugh: I am going to add an abs segment with the weight segments. I might also omit one of the burn intervals so I can continue with my running at least 3 times a week. I do like intervals and burn it off though...

I am feeling ravenous!!! I don't think I am eating enough and I don't want to lose muscle. So I am increasing my caloric intake. Any of you feeling hungrier while doing the program?

Running tomorrow. Take care!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Where are the ChaLeaners out there??? I hope no one quit!!! I did burn 2, second round today, and ab burner. I went heavier on the weights. It felt like a pretty good workout. I might do intervals and recharge tomorrow or go for a run.

I am eating more. I cannot do what she suggests 1300-1400 cals, too low for me. I felt ravenous last week. So I will be eating 1500-1600 or more depending on how much I do. We will see what happens.

Happy Saturday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    Still burning! I've done 1 & 2 so far...love it! DH and DD have commented that my arms look more toned already! :laugh: I've been doing Turbo Jam on my off days and the Ab Burner and Extreme Abs...that was a killer! I haven't tried the intervals and recharge yet, I'm looking forward to that.

Alf, I've been hungrier as well. I never noticed it before with my cardio workouts, but I'm definitely noticing it with the weights. I've increased my calories too and as long as I maintain my weight I'll be happy.

Have a great weekend!
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hi there....new ChaLeaner here...ordered the CE DVDs today!!

I ordered the Turbo Jam DVDs too and looking forward to being fully fit and toned at 42! :smooched:
    I enjoy weights, but to this point, I've only used books and taught myself what to do, never a routine with a plan, which this seems to be.

I'm not telling anyone I'm doing CE and I cannot wait to see who may notice the difference. I look forward to transforming my upper arms, abs, legs, hell.....ALL of me! :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou:

I cannot wait to share my results. I think I am more of a focused person because of the support on this site.

THANK YOU fellow MFPers!!
  • christy559
    christy559 Posts: 105
    Options
    I officially have a herniated disc in my lower back. No more workouts for a while... I had my Dr. appt and MRI yesterday.

Please be careful when doing these exercises!
    I'm sure you guys are doing great, but make sure you have proper form. I really thought I did. I have always been a stickler about that. Freak accident I guess?
    I'm hoping to have a speedy recovery.:brokenheart:

I wish you guys the best!

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: I am so sorry to hear that!! Did the Dr. explained to you how and what would have caused it? How long will the recuperation take? Are you returning the program? If you are within the 30 days you can get your money back minus shipping. I am not sure you want to try again once you get better. Again I am sorry to hear that. I will definitely pay attention to my form and the weight that I am lifting. I thought about you this morning because my left leg felt kinda funny while doing burn it off...:flowerforyou:

I am going to talk to the Neurosurgeon on the 30th. I'm hoping it can be fixed with physical therapy, but from what I've heard it requires surgery when your leg goes numb. I wish I could continue, but per Dr's orders, no exercising or lifting weights. I am going to try to return the program.
    I agree on pushing yourself, but don't push it too far! I'm a very strong person, but one wrong move can cause big problems. Lots of people exercise from home and have wonderful results, but I guess I'm just not one of those people. I had been doing boot camp, so I'm not sure if this gradually happened and doing the Chalene videos just added to it. I never had a problem in bootcamp though... Thanks for your support. Again, I wish you the best results with the program!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope you are better soon. I too have a jacked-up disc, L4-L5, since 2006. I have also had numbness and tingling, as well as sciatica down my left leg. I went to a surgeon who strongly advised against surgery until I had exhausted other therapies, like physical therapy. The most invasive thing I've done so far is to have 2 steroid injections into lower back. Helpful for awhile.

Physical therapy made all the difference. Talk about a work-out! It helped me strengthen my core and I've been very conscientious about weight gain. I didn't stick with the whole course of PT, but it inspired me to exercise gently and then build to toleance. I still get an occasional ache, but nothing like before.

I share all of this to encourage you. I know my situation is different from yours, and I have no idea what is true for you...I just wanted you to know you are supported.
  • alf1163
    Options
    Great Christy!!! Looking forward to working out with you!!! :drinker:

I kicked it up a notch today and did burn 3, ab burner and burn it off. On Burn 3 she says that on days you lift you do become hungrier because the metabolism speeds up. And that is sooooo true!!! I will definitely be eating more today, healthy of course...

I am changing the schedule a bit so I can accomodate running more often. I will be combining some of the cardio workouts with the burn circuits when time permits and add the ab workouts every time I lift. I will be starting my 3rd week on Wed. Rest day tomorrow but I am planning on doing the recharge dvd.

Have a great Monday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! It looks like it will be more like 6weeks before I can start CX. My nuerosurgeon is okay with me doing limited weights for curls, press, etc. Nothing over 15 lbs. The big issue is no push-ups or curls. I'm at day 4 post-op and already beyond stir crazy. I think the biggest reason is that I feel much better than I did a week ago and it is hard to not want to do something anything. Right now I'm trying my hardest to be good and just slowly increase my walking. I guess you Chaleaners will just have to carry on without me. :sad: I'll just lurk on this thread so that I have something to look forward to.
  • Sexythighz
    Sexythighz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You are scaring me :laugh: :laugh:

I am also going to skip some of the cardio workouts for some running. I want to start training for a half marathon in Nov and I need some extra time for that. But I was really looking forward to the cardio intervals :grumble: Any suggestions?

I will post tomorrow and let you know how my first workout went!!! :flowerforyou:

I just signed up for my first marathon ever! Im so excited.I am doing the NYC marathon which will take place in Novemember. They are choosing from a lottery so i hope I am selected! How are you enjoying CE so far? Im almost at the end of the lean phase and will be starting a new round around May 18th. In training for the marathon i will most likely still do CE as it is designed and will fit my running in as well. Im crazy like that.

Steph
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,386 Member
    Options
    HI there! Did my first Burn today. I enjoyed it and really looked at it as a day of learning. My DD's track meet was canceled so I think I'll get a run in tonight.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I just signed up for my first marathon ever! Im so excited.I am doing the NYC marathon which will take place in Novemember. They are choosing from a lottery so i hope I am selected! How are you enjoying CE so far? Im almost at the end of the lean phase and will be starting a new round around May 18th. In training for the marathon i will most likely still do CE as it is designed and will fit my running in as well. Im crazy like that.

Steph

Hey girl! I'm crazy like that too as you know! I got your PM and will respond here in a few!! I hope you get in to the NYC!!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    HI there! Did my first Burn today. I enjoyed it and really looked at it as a day of learning. My DD's track meet was canceled so I think I'll get a run in tonight.

Good for you! I added in a run on day 2 instead of the rest day. Worked well for me! :bigsmile:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Jess - Just sending out well wishes for Indy! Have a great run.
  • adnama
    adnama Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I was able to see the Dr. yesterday. He said surgery is basically the only way to get rid of my pain. The disc is pressing against the nerve, and the only way to have lasting results is to remove that piece, freeing up the nerve. Understandable. I also have a bulging disc right above that one. So, my L4-L5, and L5-S1 are both messed up. 8 week recovery after surgery.
    I have been going crazy too. I was already set in my routine of daily exercise, and was seeing major improvement in my body which kept me motivated. Luckily I will still be able to go on my cruise in July...even though my hopes of a perfect tummy are out the window.
    :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :sick: :brokenheart: and any other emoticon that expresses complete rage and disgust...
    I'll keep you guys posted, and thanks again for the support!
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi All

adnama - All the best...so sorry that you're going through so much :flowerforyou:

Last week I didn't finish my whole week so I'm starting where I left off....did Burn Circuit 2...shaking afterwards....muscles feel alive :happy:

On the weekend it was gorgeous so I put on a pair of capri's I wore the summer before....they were falling off! I had to put a belt on :happy: yay! Now I just have to keep with it!

Hope you're all enjoying ChaLean Extreme :heart: