ChaLeaners Unite!!

Options

Replies

• Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Megan
    Well look who's here!! It was really good to see your post - maybe we can share this too!!:flowerforyou:
    Now I've got to budget : reinvest in drainage solution or Chalean

Maybe both ? hmmmmm we'll see:wink:

Have a great nite :heart:

Janet

I'm not one to give advice on that! :laugh: If I couldn't do both, I'd definitely get Chalean and then pray for a drought!!
    :heart:

Oh Mehan,
    I cracked up when I read your post ~ I'm with you I'm praying for a drought... and got the shovel out and worked on the trench... does that count as exercise???:laugh:

Janet:heart:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! ALF: I can't remember where my husband bought his weights - We were living in PA at the time but I think he ordered from a catalog or something. I looked at a set at Costco today - they were priced at about $180. I'm starting to think about the band set. If I start this program in a month we have a 2 week trip in July scheduled I'm trying to figure out how to do it on a long cross country road trip. I'm thinking I could take the bands and the little DVD player.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    It's great to see everyone get started. I'm debating about what to do for weights too. My DH lost his job shortly after the first of the year, so hundreds on weights aren't an option right now. Hmmm. I'll have to get creative for awhile. I'm itching for my DVDs to show up!!
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    My boyfriend bought me a set of Gold's Gym adjustable weights at Wal-Mart. They were only $50 each. They go up to 25 lbs each, so they will do for now. They are a little bulky and the weight is a little difficult to change sometimes, but with a little WD-40 they work just fine. I would love to have to bowflex weights, but I'm just not willing to pay that price right now. Have a good day everyone!
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    I wondered about the weights at WalMart. I have noticed those. Keep checking my email to see if my DVDs have shipped yet. Nothing so far :grumble:
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Plans are to do the Fit Test today. I may also do a little more research on the bands. TeachNRun sorry no news on your set. Mine arrived so quickly but we live really close to the distribution center.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Yeah Duffy!! Did you have your appt with your Dr? Are you then starting CX?

One week of burn completed today!!! I did not get sore but I did underestimate the weights for most exercises. I will be increasing the weights this time around. My muscles did feel like they got a pretty good workout though. I did not burn a lot of calories even doing the intervals and burn it off but that is ok. I am eating my exercise calories so I am eating anywhere from 1300-1500 cals, mostly clean eating. I am not following the meals she recommends but my nutrition is pretty well balanced, I think. I am resting tomorrow. I am only taking one day rest. I want to run about 3 times a week. I am using one day of rest to run. When do you suggest I run the other two days?

How is everyone doing? Please give me some feedback. Adnama, how do you feel? I hope your leg feels better.

Annette :flowerforyou:
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Started day 1 of week 2 yesterday...it was easier this time around...last week I was shaking like crazy.....today I feel great though! I've been doing my own stretching...I think it helps....I spend at least 5 extra minutes....I feel like Chalean doesn't take enough time to stretch afterwards....

I've also been running every other day.....last week I ran twice...in between the circuits...then on the third cardio day I did the burn intervals.....wow. I was dripping with sweat...gross but made me feel like I got a great workout. today I was supposed to go for a run but its raining where i live...so I'll do the interval dvds today instead.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :flowerforyou:

31345.png

Summer 2009 WILL Be Different!

[/url]
  • jamie77
    jamie77 Posts: 101
    Options
    Good morning!

I started over with week 1 of the Push phase yesterday. I totally got off track last Thursday through Sunday, so I'm just going to do the entire week again.
    My arms are really sore today. I went for the 20 lb bicep curls and I'm not quite strong enough yet to pull that off.
    I generally do 3 days of cardio and one day of rest every week. I do one day with a Power 90 work out, then one with Burn Intervals and one with Burn it off (that one kicks my butt!!).
    I was wondering if anyone else was following her eating plan. I'm staying pretty high protein/lower carb, but not following her plan. I'm starting to wonder if maybe that's why I only lost one lb last month, even though I do stay within the calorie range she recommends.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Everyone looks like they are doing awesome ;)

I started the Lean week over ( missed 2 workout's last week and had 2 rest days ) I am feeling awesome and from starting I am down 12 lbs so that's pretty good ( I had lost 130 prior to this )

I just wanted to add in about the bowflex weights... if you can get them GET them ! They are awesome !!! I found a link to the bowflex website and got free shipping and then used a coupon code that I have that still works ( just got my brother a set ) and got another 20 % off. I used the bowflex credit card and paid them off in 3 months ;) I LOVE Them and I am sure that is why I have had just good progress. I started using them 10 days into the push phase and WOW ! If anyone is interested in the link and code just email me here and I'll get it to you. ( I am not sure if I am allowed to post that kind of stuff here )

Ok off to do burn intervals :) Time to rock !!!

:happy:
  • duffyzmom
    Options

My surgery is Thursday but I didn't want to do the fit test in my post surgery weakened state. Plus, I wanted a better idea of what CX included so that I can be informed when I talk to her about how long I have to take off. My guess is it will be at least a month before I can start CX. But I'm hoping she'll let me do simple curls, squats, lunges before then just to maintain all the strength I've built on Power 90.
  • adnama
    adnama Posts: 34
    Options
    I officially have a herniated disc in my lower back. No more workouts for a while... I had my Dr. appt and MRI yesterday.

Please be careful when doing these exercises!
    I'm sure you guys are doing great, but make sure you have proper form. I really thought I did. I have always been a stickler about that. Freak accident I guess?
    I'm hoping to have a speedy recovery.:brokenheart:

I wish you guys the best!
  • alf1163
    Options
    I officially have a herniated disc in my lower back. No more workouts for a while... I had my Dr. appt and MRI yesterday.

I'm sure you guys are doing great, but make sure you have proper form. I really thought I did. I have always been a stickler about that. Freak accident I guess?

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: I am so sorry to hear that!! Did the Dr. explained to you how and what would have caused it? How long will the recuperation take? Are you returning the program? If you are within the 30 days you can get your money back minus shipping. I am not sure you want to try again once you get better. Again I am sorry to hear that. I will definitely pay attention to my form and the weight that I am lifting. I thought about you this morning because my left leg felt kinda funny while doing burn it off...:flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options

One week of burn completed today!!! I did not get sore but I did underestimate the weights for most exercises. I will be increasing the weights this time around. My muscles did feel like they got a pretty good workout though. I did not burn a lot of calories even doing the intervals and burn it off but that is ok. I am eating my exercise calories so I am eating anywhere from 1300-1500 cals, mostly clean eating. I am not following the meals she recommends but my nutrition is pretty well balanced, I think. I am resting tomorrow. I am only taking one day rest. I want to run about 3 times a week. I am using one day of rest to run. When do you suggest I run the other two days?

How is everyone doing? Please give me some feedback. Adnama, how do you feel? I hope your leg feels better.

Hey girl!! Just wanted to check and see how you were doing!! Looks like you are doing great! Yes, push yourself with the weights as much as you can!! Go Heavy or go Home as Chalene says!!

I ran on days 2, 4, and 6 and did the weights on days 1, 3, and 5. I would add in the Burn it Off another day if I could. It worked great w/ my half marathon training!

As for the weights, I took the plunge and ordered the BowFlex weights w/ my tax refund. I LOVE them!! :bigsmile: Try craigslist or newspapers and see if you can find weights for cheaper. Otherwise try sporting goods stores and look for sales. Even Wal*mart and Target have weights for a decent price. I would at *least* try to get up to 15 and 20# dumbbells!!!

Jess
  • adnama
    adnama Posts: 34
    Options

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: I am so sorry to hear that!! Did the Dr. explained to you how and what would have caused it? How long will the recuperation take? Are you returning the program? If you are within the 30 days you can get your money back minus shipping. I am not sure you want to try again once you get better. Again I am sorry to hear that. I will definitely pay attention to my form and the weight that I am lifting. I thought about you this morning because my left leg felt kinda funny while doing burn it off...:flowerforyou:

I am going to talk to the Neurosurgeon on the 30th. I'm hoping it can be fixed with physical therapy, but from what I've heard it requires surgery when your leg goes numb. I wish I could continue, but per Dr's orders, no exercising or lifting weights. I am going to try to return the program.
    I agree on pushing yourself, but don't push it too far! I'm a very strong person, but one wrong move can cause big problems. Lots of people exercise from home and have wonderful results, but I guess I'm just not one of those people. I had been doing boot camp, so I'm not sure if this gradually happened and doing the Chalene videos just added to it. I never had a problem in bootcamp though... Thanks for your support. Again, I wish you the best results with the program!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    It's here! It's here! It's here!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It's here! It's here! It's here!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!! I love when I get fitness-related deliveries!! :bigsmile: Can't wait til you get started!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Take care of yourself Adnama!! I hope you can get better with physical therapy. I will be praying for you. I am sure you are very frustrated, I would be. I will take care of myself, I love to exercise and can push myself but I do tend to be on the cautious side and not overdo it. An injury could set me back weeks, months, who knows...:flowerforyou:

Jess, thank you for the tips!! I do have up to 20# weights at home. Those are already "light" for leg exercises and some back exercises so I am going to look into the bowflex weights or some heavier dumbells. I would hate to keep adding dumbells to my collection, running out of space :laugh: The bowflex would be perfect and I can sell all my other dumbells from 5lbs up to 20lbs.

teachnrun, glad your program came in!!! :drinker: Let us know when you get started.

Official rest day for me tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    Options
    I'm debating on when to start. Spent the evening looking thru the books and watching the initial dvd. I will be out of town this weekend and unable to follow the program. Should I wait until next Monday? ALso I'm training for a 20K at the end of May. Jess, I'm up for more hints as to how you incorporated the training. I saw your post above; sounds like I could follow that. So anxious to start :happy:
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I got my package yesterday and am starting today!!! :drinker: Are any of you following the meal plan exactly? I've been maintaining my goal weight for several months now so I'm not overly concerned with losing pounds, but I do want to eat correctly while I do this to see maximum results. Any general suggestions?
    Thanks
    :flowerforyou: